Last updated on April 14th, 2021
Today we will be discussing the best gyms in Toledo as well as everything we know about working out near you. We know your time is valuable so we will get you in and out as quick as we can.
To get things going we will dive right in to the best gyms in Toledo. Once they are out of the way we will mention the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
We certainly won’t want to leave out the best pilates and yoga studios near you either. As the post goes on we will cover other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
We all may love going to the gym but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can get all kinds of great cardio. To end things the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment will be listed.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on Midwestern cities that you can find here.
Best Gyms In Toledo
When it is time to work out the best Toledo gyms are:
- Wildwood Athletic Club at 2865 N Reynolds Rd #100
- LA Fitness at 2859 N Holland Sylvania Rd
- West Toledo YMCA at 2110 Tremainsville Rd
- Planet Fitness at 2630 W Laskey Rd
- Fitness 19 at 2588 W Sylvania Ave
- Super Fitness Center at 343 New Towne Square Dr
- BGSU Student Recreation Center at 1411 Ridge St, Bowling Green
- St. Julian’s Fitness at 1234 N Main St #10, Bowling Green
- Anytime Fitness at 1038 N Main St, Bowling Green
- Fort Meigs YMCA at 13415 Eckel Junction Rd, Perrysburg
- LA Fitness at 1361 Conant St, Maumee
You might be searching for a 24 hour gym and if so an Anytime Fitness or Planet Fitness location near you should suffice. Anyone that would like both a pool and basketball court can find them at Wildwood Athletic Club, the BGSU Rec Center, or the YMCA’s.
Super Fitness Center also has a pool. For an indoor rock climbing wall head to the BGSU Rec Center which is open to all community members.
There are group zumba and cardio dance classes at Wildwood Athletic Club, Fitness 19, Super Fitness Center, the BGSU Rec Center, and St. Julian’s Fitness. If you need childcare while you workout you can find it at the YMCA’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We do not know of any great dedicated indoor cycling studios near you but there are group spinning classes at some of the above gyms like Wildwood Athletic Club, the West Toledo YMCA, Fitness 19, St. Julian’s Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and the Fort Meigs YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you are hoping to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Club Kickbox at 5333 Monroe St #5
- International Boxing Club at 5965 Telegraph Rd
- Ohio/Deon Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 3141 W Sylvania Ave
- Toledo Jiu Jitsu Center at 5222 Tractor Rd
- 9round Fitness Sylvania at 5577 Monroe St, Sylvania
There will also be cardio boxing classes at Fitness 19, Wildwood Athletic Club, and Super Fitness Center.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Toledo
We know many of you will be interested in these yoga or pilates studios in Toledo:
- Toledo Yoga at 4324 W Central Ave
- Hot Room Toledo Yoga at 5107B Monroe St
- Yogaja Yoga at 3145 W Central Ave
- Tonic at 2221 River Rd, Maumee
- Club Pilates at 26597 N Dixie Hwy #167, Perrysburg
Some of the best gyms near you have group yoga and pilates classes as well like Wildwood Athletic Club, the West Toledo YMCA, Fitness 19, Super Fitness Center, the BGSU Rec Center, and the Fort Meigs YMCA. There are more yoga classes at St. Julian’s Fitness and Anytime Fitness.
With all of the different types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more we really don’t know what you are after. For that reason you should look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for you.
One of these workout bootcamps may give you that extra little push to take this more seriously:
- Sylvania Fit Body Boot Camp at 6819 Central Ave #F
- Orangetheory Fitness Ottawa Hills at 3504 Secor Rd #310
Fitness 19, Super Fitness Center, and St. Julian’s Fitness also have workout bootcamps available.
Pure Barre located at 3157 Central Ave is the top barre exercise studio in the area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you have read about the best Toledo gyms, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Maumee Bay State Park
- Fossil Park
- Canal Experience
- Metroparks Toledo
- Oak Openings
- Wiregrass Lake
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Toledo
When you want any new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- Toledo Physical Education Supply at 5101 Advantage Dr
- Mountain Man Sports at 2735 N Reynolds Rd
- Dan Rodgers Sports Zone at 5340 Monroe St
- Great Lakes Sports at 5101 Advantage Dr
- Play It Again Sports at 5333 Monroe St #16
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 5001 Monroe St
- Dunham’s Sports at 1234 N Main St, Bowling Green
- Cycle Werks Bicycling & Fitness at 248 S Main St, Bowling Green
- Second Sole at 4130 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg
- Bass Pro Shops at 10000 Bass Pro Blvd, Rossford
Play it Again Sports is a great option if you want to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
American Home Fitness at 5577 Monroe St in Sylvania is a good place to buy home gym equipment, but you can probably find more at some of those sporting goods stores as well. For those who are interested we have also discussed:
Enjoy Working Out At Toledo Gyms
At this point you learned about plenty of gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would be quite helpful if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Toledo or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.