Last updated on April 28th, 2021
We will be discussing the best gyms in Tulsa as well as everything we know about working out near you in this post. We know your time is valuable so we will get you in and out as quick as we can.
To get things going we will dive right in to the best gyms in Tulsa. Once they are out of the way we will mention the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
We certainly won’t want to leave out the best pilates and yoga studios near you either. As the post goes on we will cover other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
We all may love going to the gym but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can get all kinds of great cardio. To end things the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment will be listed.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on cities around the Midwest that you can find there.
Best Gyms In Tulsa
When it is time to work out the best gyms in Tulsa are:
- Genesis Health Club at 6612 S Memorial Dr
- Sky Fitness & Wellbeing at 4103 S Yale Ave
- Vasa Fitness at 7990 E 51st St
- Life Time Fitness at 10642 S Memorial Dr
- Planet Fitness at 1331 E 71st Street South
- Climb Tulsa at 4923 E 32nd St.
- 10gym at 1800 S Aspen Ave, Broken Arrow
- The Hub Gym at 507 N Main St, Broken Arrow
- Planet Fitness Broken Arrow at 1808 N Elm St, Broken Arrow
- Muskogee Swim & Fitness Center at 566 N 6th St, Muskogee
Those of you that are trying to find a 24 hour gym in Tulsa can head to Genesis Health Club, The Hub Gym, or a Planet Fitness location near you. At Genesis, Vasa Fitness, and The Hub you can enjoy both a pool and basketball court.
Climb Tulsa would be the best indoor rock climbing gym in the area. For group zumba or cardio dance classes try Genesis, Vasa Fitness, or 10gym.
Vasa Fitness and Lifetime Fitness can help with childcare while you work out.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
These indoor cycling and spinning classes near you can be a great way to enjoy your cardio:
Genesis, Vasa Fitness, Life Time Fitness, and 10gym also offer group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you are hoping to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Title Boxing Club at 8245 S Harvard Ave
- Primate Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 5557 E 41st St
- Cheyenne’s Boxing Gym at 102 N Greenwood Ave #124A
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Tulsa at 2911 E 91st St
- Apollo’s Martial Arts at 9522 East 51st St S
- Triton Fight Center at 2205 N Willow Ave C, Broken Arrow
- Clinch Martial Arts Academy at 1309 N Main St, Owasso
Genesis Health Club and Lifetime Fitness are more options for cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Tulsa
We know many of you will be interested in these yoga or pilates studios in Tulsa:
- Salt Yoga at 1708 Utica Square
- Be Love Yoga at 1310 E 6th St
- The Yoga Room at 4329 S Peoria Ave #350
- Balance.Yoga.Barre. at 3509 S Peoria Ave
- Balance Pilates of Tulsa at 8373 S Memorial Dr
- Club Pilates at 3230 E 21st St
Some of the best gyms near you also offer both yoga and pilates classes like Vasa Fitness, Life Time Fitness, and Climb Tulsa. With all of the different types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more we really don’t know what you are after. For that reason you should look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for you.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Bootcamp Tulsa at 41st St Plaza
- Bixby Fit Body Boot Camp at 6333 E 120th Ct
- Tulsa Women’s Only Fit Body Boot Camp at 3131 S Yale Ave
- Burn Boot Camp at 500 Riverwalk Terr, Jenks
10gym is another option when you want to try a workout bootcamp.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
Balance.Yoga.Barre. obviously also has group barre classes as do Vasa Fitness, Life Time Fitness, and Genesis.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you have read about the best Tulsa gyms, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- LaFortune Park
- Mohawk Park
- Oxley Nature Center
- Tulsa River Parks
- Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Tulsa
When you want any new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- Midwest Sporting Goods at 9530 E 55th Pl
- Bedlam Sports at 4343 S Memorial Dr
- Sports World Hunting Headquarters at 6841 E 41st St
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 6120 E 41st St S
- Fleet Feet at 5968 S Yale Ave
- Play It Again Sports at 8929 S Memorial Dr
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 10021 E 71st St
- Bass Pro Shops at 101 Bass Pro Dr, Broken Arrow
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1620 E Hillside Dr, Broken Arrow
- Fleet Feet at 303 S Main St, Broken Arrow
- Dunham’s Sports at 2346 E Shawnee Rd, Muskogee
- Hibbett Sports at Avenue Area DSG, 701 W Shawnee St #3, Muskogee
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The above list will probably also have some but you can also buy home gym equipment at:
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- The Best Oklahoma City Gyms
- The Best Kansas City Gyms
- The Best Dallas Gyms
- The Best Little Rock Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Tulsa Gyms
At this point you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would be wonderful if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Tulsa or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.