The best gyms in Lansing and everything you need to know about working out in your area are about to be covered in full detail. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Lansing. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is a local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the Midwest there if you want.
Best Gyms In Lansing
Here is our list of the best gyms in Lansing to get a great workout:
- Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club at 2900 Hannah Blvd
- East Lansing Hannah Community Center at 819 Abbot Rd
- M43 Fitness at 2225 E Grand River Rd #3292
- Westside Community YMCA at 3700 Old Lansing Rd
- State of Fitness at 2655 E Grand River Rd
- Crunch Fitness at 2655 E Grand River Rd
- Orangetheory Fitness at 4790 Hagadorn Rd #139
- Powerhouse Gym at 4790 S Hagadorn Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 16820 Chandler Rd #109
Those of you who want a pool or a basketball court can go to Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club, Hannah Community Center, or Westside Community YMCA. In addition Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club features an indoor track, tennis courts, and gymnastics.
You can find indoor rock climbing walls at Westside Community YMCA. Anytime Fitness and Powerhouse Gym are a couple of great 24-hour gyms near you. For group zumba and other types of group cardio dance classes try out Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club, Westside Community YMCA, or Crunch Fitness.
Parents who need gyms with childcare can go to Westside Community YMCA.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Spartan Spin at 918 Elmwood Road is a good indoor cycling studio and there are more group spinning classes offered by Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club, Westside Community YMCA, Crunch Fitness, and Powerhouse Gym.
Local Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- emPOWer Lansing at 2010 E Michigan Ave #107
- Title Boxing Club at 2843 E Grand River Rd #100
- Chung’s Taekwondo & Martial Arts USA at 2843 E Grand River Rd #190
- KSK Martial Arts at 5135 N Aurelius Rd #B
- Magic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at 2824 E Grand River Rd #E
You can also try out the martial arts classes at Hannah Community Center.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Lansing
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Lansing like:
- Yoga State at 515 E Grand River Rd
- East Lansing Hot Yoga at 924 Trowbridge Rd
- Peoples Yoga Studio at 1146 S Washington Ave
- Firefly Hot Yoga Barre at 118 S Washington Square C
- Pilates Center of East Lansing at 1780 E Grand River Rd
Additional places that provide local yoga classes that we have mentioned in other lists include Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club, Hannah Community Center, Westside Community YMCA, Crunch Fitness, Powerhouse Gym, and emPOWer Lansing. Pilates classes are also available at Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club and Westside Community YMCA.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
You can find workout bootcamps at Sparrow Michigan Athletic Club, Crunch Fitness, and The Barre Code.
The Barre Code is a good fitness studio at 1024 Trowbridge Road and we have also linked you to Crunch Fitness and Firefly Hot Yoga Barre who have barre classes too.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Crego Park
- Northern Tier Trail
- Anderson Park
- Lansing River Trail
- Inter-Urban Pathway
- Sleepy Hollow State Park
- Nature Centers
- Fitzgerald Park Ledges and Trails
- Hawk Island Park
- Park Lake
- Rotary Park
- Hawk Meadows
- Sharp Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Lansing
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Lansing are:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 2801 Preyde Blvd
- Dunham’s Sports at 3301 E Michigan Ave
- Moosejaw at 555 E Grand River Rd
- Summit Sports East Lansing at 2650 E Grand River Rd
- Nomad Anglers at 2850 E Grand River Rd
- Evergreen Cycles & Repair at 545 E Grand River Rd
Home Gym Equipment Near You
American Home Fitness at 2287 West Grand River Road in Okemos is a good option and when you want to buy home gyms and fitness equipment Dick’s Sporting Goods and Dunham’s Sports from our previous list are two other places to look.
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Where To Work Out In Detroit
- Where To Work Out In Grand Rapids
- Where To Work Out In Toledo
- Where To Work Out In Ann Arbor
Enjoy Working Out At Lansing Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything incorrect on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Lansing or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.