The best gyms in Grand Rapids and just about everything you need to know about working out around the area will be covered in detail in this fitness guide. The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but they are just a small part of what we will cover. We also will need to discuss the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Once they are covered in full we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Grand Rapids. Bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections as both can be a great way to get a quality workout.
You can also get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Grand Rapids.
Click here to read more about local fitness around the Midwest.
Best Gyms In Grand Rapids
When you want to work out you can visit these best gyms in Grand Rapids:
- MVP Sportsplex at 4035 Burton St SE
- David D. Hunting Branch YMCA at 475 Lake Michigan Dr NW
- Mary Free Bed Branch YMCA at 5500 Burton St SE
- MVP Athletic Club at 115 Crahen Ave NE
- The Other Body Shop at 3949 28th St SE
- Fitness 19 at 1243 Leonard St NE
- Planet Fitness at 3681 28th St SE
- Higher Ground Rock Climbing Centre at 851 Bond Ave NW
- Endurance Fitness Center at 1421 60th St SE, Kentwood
- Planet Fitness at 5270 Eastern Ave SE, Kentwood
Those who want a pool and a gym can find both at the MVP’s and YMCA’s and they also both offer childcare. The MVP’s are where to go if you want tennis courts.
High Rock is where to go for indoor rock climbing. You can find local zumba classes at MVP and Fitness 19.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Lunar Cycle at 601 Michigan St NE offers great indoor cycling classes while you can find more spinning classes in your area at MVP and Fitness 19.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
The cardio you can get from fighting is incredible and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you would be:
- Title Boxing Club at 5150 Northland Dr NE #H
- CKO Kickboxing at 820 Monroe Ave NW #150
- Blues Gym at 4248 Kalamazoo Ave SE
- Fighthouse MMA at 6770 Old 28th St SE
Some of the places from our best Grand Rapids gyms list also offer cardio boxing or kickboxing classes like MVP and Fitness 19. Fit 19 also has a combination of boxing and pilates.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Grand Rapids
Some of the best pilates and yoga studios in Grand Rapids are:
- Funky Buddha Yoga Hothouse at 1331 Lake Drive SE
- Twisted Hot Yoga at 1971 East Beltline Ave NE
- Yoga Fever at 1154 Wealthy St SE
- Seva Yoga at 2213 Wealthy Southeast #210
- Kula Yoga at 715 Wealthy St SE
- Cascade Yoga Studio at 5060 Cascade Rd SE #G
- Pilates in East at 2213 Wealthy St SE #210
- BodyMind Pilates at 5775 28th St SE
Fitness 19 has local classes for both yoga and pilates. MVP offers many types of yoga including chair yoga for seniors or anyone that has a bad back.
Workout bootcamps in your area can be a great way to give yourself that extra edge and you can find some like:
- Forest Hills Fit Body Boot Camp at 6767 Cascade Rd SE
- CrossFit Grand Rapids at 2945 Hillcroft Ave SW
- Burn Boot Camp at 6272 28th St SE
MVP and Fitness 19 from our initial best gyms near you list have bootcamps.
Barre exercises are more popular now than ever before and good places to try them out are:
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Fred Meijer White Pine Trail State Park
- Provin Trails Park
- Oval Beach
- The Grand River
- Riverside Park
- Windmill Island Gardens
- Rosa Parks Circle
- Saugatuck Dunes State Park
- Lake Michigan
- Cannonsburg Ski Area
- Grand Haven State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Grand Rapids
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best Grand Rapids sporting goods stores are:
- Gazelle Sports at 3930 28th St SE
- Switchback Gear Exchange at 2166 Plainfield Ave NE
- Bill & Paul’s Sporthaus at 1200 E Paris Ave SE
- Great Lakes Disc at 4301 Kalamazoo Ave SE #57
- Moosejaw at 410 Ionia Ave SW
- Dunham’s Sports at 4311 Plainfield Ave NE #A
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 5118 28th St SE
- West Michigan Bike & Fitness at 2830 E Paris Ave SE, Kentwood
- Rei at 3149 28th St SE, Kentwood
- The North Face at Woodland Mall 3159 28th St SE, Kentwood
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You will be able to find some at those sporting goods stores we just mentioned, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
- American Home Fitness at 3987 28th St SE
- One On One Fitness Equipment at 4026 S Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo
By the way we have also covered the fitness scene in:
Enjoy Working Out At Grand Rapids Gyms
At this point your confidence should be sky high after reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Grand Rapids or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.