Hello and welcome to this discussion on the best gyms in Indianapolis. We will be covering as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Indianapolis gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Up next we will talk about the best yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are trending upwards at a fast rate so we will dive into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
The Midwest is an area we have written many local fitness guides for on our site.
Best Gyms In Indianapolis
Here is our list of the best gyms in Indianapolis for working out:
- Indianapolis Healthplex at 3660 Guion Rd
- Life Time Fitness at 9525 N Meridian St
- National Institute for Fitness & Sport at 250 University Blvd
- Irsay Family YMCA at 430 S Alabama St
- Incrediplex at 6002 Sunnyside Rd
- The SportZone at 6601 Coffman Rd
- JCC Indianapolis at 6701 Hoover Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 6935 Lake Plz Dr
- Epic Climbing & Fitness at 1931 Stout Field W Dr
- Monon Community Center at 1235 Central Park Dr E, Carmel
- Barkes Fitness at 10080 E 121st St #151, Fishers
If you want to workout at odd hours then Anytime and Barkes Fitness are both 24 hour gyms near you. Those who would like a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court can head to the YMCA, Life Time Fitness, or the JCC. SportZone has a basketball court, while Healthplex has a pool and tennis court.
There are zumba and aerobic dance classes at Healthplex, National Institute for Fitness & Sport, Irsay Family YMCA, and the JCC. Epic would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in town.
Life Time Fitness, Irsay Family YMCA, the JCC, and the Monon Community Center should all be able to provide childcare while you work out if needed.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
One of our favorite ways to get cardio, check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
Additional group spinning classes are available at Healthplex, Life Time Fitness, National Institute for Fitness & Sport, and the Irsay Family YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- 9Round Fitness at 7045 Emblem Dr #D
- Sarkine’s Total Warrior at 8647 W Washington St
- Choi Martial Arts Academy at 6957 E Madison Ave
Some may just want the cardio and if so a few of the best gyms in Indianapolis have group boxing classes like Healthplex, Life Time Fitness, National Institute for Fitness & Sport, and the Irsay Family YMCA.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Indianapolis
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- The Hot Room at 3855 E 96th St
- Invoke Studio at 970 Fort Wayne Ave #C
- Cityoga School of Yoga & Health at 2442 Central Ave
- Kompose at 6201 Winthrop Ave #2
- Santosha School at 8580 Cedar Pl Dr #120
- Solidcore at 747 N College Ave
- Club Pilates at 530 Massachusetts Ave #160
Healthplex and the National Institute for Fitness & Sport have both yoga and pilates classes. The Irsay Family YMCA has group yoga lessons, while the JCC has pilates classes.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
Healthplex, National Institute for Fitness & Sport, and Incrediplex are additional options for workout bootcamps in the area.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at studios like:
- Pure Barre at 209 W Michigan St
- The Dailey Method at 725 E 65th St #200
- The Barre Code at 231 S College Ave #300
You can also try the barre fitness classes at Life Time Fitness and the National Institute for Fitness & Sport.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Military Park
- White River Gardens
- Garfield Park Conservatory
- Sunken Gardens
- Fort Harrison State Park
- Eagle Creek Reservoir
- Morgan Monroe State Forest
- Fall Creek Trail
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Indianapolis
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Indianapolis sporting goods stores:
- JackRabbit at 1079 Broad Ripple Ave
- Athletic Annex at 1300 E 86th St #29A
- Divers Supply Indy at 104 S Post Rd
- Runners Forum at 122 N Delaware St
- Play It Again Sports at 8923 S Meridian St
- The Outdoorsman Sport Shop at 1010 S State Rd 135, Greenwood
Play it Again Sports is where to go when you want to buy or sell new and used sporting goods.
Home Gym Equipment
Bicycle Garage Indy & BGI Fitness at 4340 E 82nd St is a local sporting goods store where you can buy a wide variety of home gym equipment.
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Indianapolis Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Indianapolis or working out in whichever way you prefer.