Welcome to our post on the best gyms in Columbus. and everything you need to know. Within a few short minutes you will hopefully learn a lot about your local fitness options so you can have better workouts in the future.
The best gyms in Columbus will be the topic of our first section, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms near you.
Following those topics we will discuss best pilates and yoga studios near you. Worki out bootcamps or barre exercises can be very beneficial and will be covered as the post goes along.
Obviously you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And those of you who are still around after all of that will learn about buying sporting goods and home gym equipment in Columbus.
Our goal at BestGymsNearYou is to get you in and out quick so let’s kick this off already.
Best Gyms In Columbus
When you are ready to work out head to one of these best gyms in Columbus:
- The Athletic Club at 136 E Broad St
- Premier at Sawmill Athletic Club at 3111 Hayden Road Dr
- The JCC at 1125 College Ave
- LA Fitness at 260 Graceland Blvd
- Life Time Fitness at 3900 Easton Station
- Grandview Pro Fitness at 840 Grandview Ave
- Chambers Purely Boulders at 1165 Chambers Rd
- Planet Fitness at 155 Deo Dr, Newark
- Licking County Family YMCA at 470 W Church St, Newark
- Dublin Recreation Center at 5600 Post Rd, Dublin
- Family YMCA of Lancaster at 465 W 6th Ave
- Westerville Community Center at 350 N Cleveland Ave, Westerville
For a 24 hour gym near you head to Grandview Pro Fitness. Most of the above should have a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court, though the basketball court at Premier at Sawmill Athletic Club is often unavailable.
There are zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Premier at Sawmill, the Licking YMCA, Dublin Recreation Center, and the Lancaster YMCA. Some of you may be interested in the water aerobics classes The Athletic Club and Westerville Community Center.
Chambers Purely Boulders would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in town. If you know of any quality gyms with childcare while you workout please tell us in the comments so that we can add that info to this post if it checks out.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you are:
Additional group spinning classes can be found atThe Athletic Club, Premier at Sawmill, the JCC, the Licking YMCA, Dublin Recreation Center, and the Lancaster YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who really want to improve their fighting skills can visit these best boxing and MMA gyms:
- Ronin Training Center at 1012 W 3rd Ave
- Title Boxing Club at 8727 Sancus Blvd
- Pilger’s Old Skool Boxing & Fitness Academy 1034 Goodale Blvd
- Central Ohio Martial Arts at 4264 N High St
- Gracie Ohio Jiu Jitsu Academy at 6821 Flags Center Dr
The JCC and the Licking YMCA also offer cardio boxing classes, but the above fighting gyms are probably better if you have dreams of becoming the next world champ.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Columbus
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Columbus to get your fitness in like:
- Yoga On High at 1020 Dennison Ave #202
- Give Yoga at 3520 North High St
- Modo Yoga Columbus at 1042 Dublin Rd
- Corepower Yoga at 14 W Millay Aly
- Heartfelt Yoga Studio at 29 E 5th Ave #100
- Go Yoga at 2246 W Dublin Granville Rd
- Seven Studios at 275 South 3rd St
- Body Pure Pilates at 200 W Johnstown Rd
Many of the best gyms near you also have yoga and pilates classes like The Athletic Club, Premier at Sawmill, the JCC, the Licking YMCA, Dublin Recreation Center, and the Lancaster YMCA. For more group yoga lessons head to Grandview Pro Fitness or Westerville Community Center.
Look, there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Workout bootcamps can get you in shape real quick and D1 Training at 8080 N High St is one of the best in the area. Premier at Sawmill, the JCC, the Licking YMCA, and the Lancaster YMCA are more options for workout bootcamps.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
Outside of the above studios you can find more barre fitness classes at The Athletic Club, Premier at Sawmill, and Dublin Recreation Center.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
The best Columbus gyms are not your only option when you want to work out. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Goodale Park
- Hayden Run Falls
- Quarry Trails Metro Park
- Walhalla Creek
- Alum Creek State Park
- Blacklick Creek Greenway Trail
- Scioto Audubon Metro Park
- Hocking Hills State Park
- John Bryan State Park
- Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve
- Highbanks Metro Park Nature Preserve
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Columbus
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Columbus are:
- Cabela’s at 1650 Gemini Pl
- Field & Stream at 1510 Polaris Pkwy #B
- Hibbett Sports at 151 Graceland Blvd
- Outdoor Source at 3124 Kingsdale Ctr
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 4304 Easton Gateway Dr
- B-Wear Sportswear at 1680 N 21st St, Newark
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 6111 Sawmill Rd, Dublin
- Finish Line at 5043 Tuttle Crossing Blvd #103
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at River Valley Mall, Lancaster
There are quite a few Dick’s Sporting Goods near you where you can find just about everything you need. Places like Cabela’s, Field & Stream, and Outdoor Source will focus more on camping, hunting, and outdoor gear.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
For those that are interested we have also written about the local fitness options in:
Enjoy Working Out At Columbus Gyms
After learning more about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot more confident about what comes next. We will be back as often as we can often to update this page.
If you notice anything incorrect or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Columbus or working out in whichever way you prefer.