This post is going to be all about the best gyms in Cleveland. Additionally we will try to discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We might as well start off with the best Cleveland gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Those that are interested can look through our posts on other cities around the Midwest at this link.
Best Gyms In Cleveland
Go to one of these best gyms in Cleveland to get a great workout:
- Crossfit Cle at 2218 Superior Ave E
- Tremont Athletic Club at 2306 W 17th St
- Ctown Crossfit at 1678 Leonard St
- Rise Nation at 1026 Euclid Ave
- Gemini Center at 21225 Lorain Rd
- CSU Campus Rec Center at 2420 Chester Ave
- Anytime Fitness at 3318 Warren Rd
- Climb Cleveland at 2190 Professor Ave
- Planet Fitness Parma at 8443 Day Dr, Parma
- Planet Fitness Elyria at 1553 W River Rd N, Elyria
- Cleveland Fitness Club at 6600 W 130th St, Middleburg Heights
- Lakewood YMCA at 16915 Detroit Ave, Lakewood
- Life Time Fitness at 3850 Richmond Rd, Beachwood
- Old School Iron Gym at 5139 W 140th St #A
Anytime Fitness or Planet Fitness are a couple of quality options if you are trying to find a 24 hour gym near you. There will be a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at the Gemini Center, CSU Campus Rec Center, Cleveland Fitness Club, the Lakewood YMCA, and Life Time Fitness.
For zumba or group aerobic dance classes head to CSU Campus Rec Center, Cleveland Fitness Club, or the Lakewood YMCA. You can even get childcare while you work out at Life Time Fitness.
We would have to say that Climb Cleveland is the best indoor rock climbing gym in the area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Anyone that is trying to lose weight in a hurry should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
Outside of those dedicated indoor cycling studios Tremont Athletic Club, Gemini Center, CSU Campus Rec Center, and Cleveland Fitness Club also have spinning fitness classes available to their members.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Title Boxing Club at 2885 Detroit Ave
- 2 Tone Boxing Club at 23307B Commerce Park, Beachwood
- Strong Style MMA at 6900 Granger Rd, Independence
- Adventure Martial Arts at 5785 Ridge Rd, Parma
- Title Boxing Club at 779 Alpha Park Dr, Highland Heights
Tremont Athletic Club, CSU Campus Rec Center, Lakewood YMCA, and Old School Iron Gym all offer group cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Cleveland
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Studio 11 at 2337 W 11th St #2
- Vision Yoga & Wellness at 1861 West 25th St
- The Studio Cleveland at 1395 West 10th St #120
- Yoga Roots at 3459 Fairmount Blvd
- Cleveland Yoga at 3355 Richmond Rd #251A, Beachwood
- Reform Physical Therapy & Pilates at 1213 Prospect Ave E
Of course many of the best gyms near you will also have yoga and pilates classes like the CSU Campus Rec Center, Cleveland Fitness Club, and the Lakewood YMCA.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
The Nulife Fitness Camp at 15430 Waterloo Rd is a great workout bootcamp for those who want to start taking things more seriously. Other places to find workout bootcamps are Tremont Athletic Club, CSU Campus Rec Center, Cleveland Fitness Club, Lakewood YMCA, and Life Time Fitness.
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
- Pure Barre at 19940 Detroit Rd
- Barre3 at 24731 Cedar Rd Legacy Village, Lyndhurst
- GrooveRyde at 27970 Chagrin Blvd E-201, Woodmere
Cleveland Fitness Club from our initial list also has barre fitness classes for their members.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- The Metroparks
- Lake Erie
- Chapin Forest
- Rockefeller Park
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Edgewater Park
- Rocky River Reservation
- Hope Memorial Bridge
- Sandy Ridge Reservation
- Valley Parkway Trail
- VermilIon River Reservation
- Nelson Ledges Quarry Park
- Lakefront Reservation
- Garfield Park Reservation
- Edgewater Park
- Voinovich Bicentennial Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Cleveland
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Cleveland sporting goods stores:
- Geiger’s Lakewood at 14710 Detroit Ave
- Fridrich Bicycle at 3800 Lorain Ave
- Second Sole Athletic Footwear at 5114 Mayfield Rd
- Joy Machines Bike Shop at 2605 Detroit Ave
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 8113 W Ridgewood Dr, Parma
- Dunham’s Sports at 4377 Midway Mall, Elyria
- Second Sole at 18636 Detroit Rd, Lakewood
- West Side Skates at 14047 Madison Ave, Lakewood
- Play it Again Sports at 5455 Mayfield Rd, Lyndhurst
- Fin, Feather & Fur Outfitters at 18030 Bagley Rd, Middleburg Heights
Play it Again Sports is a great place to buy and sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
- G&G Fitness Equipment at 27879 Chagrin Blvd, Beachwood
- Fitness Serve at 20630 Center Ridge Rd, Rocky River
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Cleveland Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are ready and waiting for your arrival. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Cleveland or working out in whichever way you prefer.