Thanks for giving our post on the best gyms in Cincinnati a chance.Within a few short minutes we will try to cover as much as we can on fitness and working out near you.
The best Cincinnati gyms will kick us off but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will need to discuss the best studios for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Up next we will get into the best local yoga and pilates studios. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting a mention as well.
The gym is not your only option for where to get cardio so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Cincinnati.
If you are curious you can look through more of our posts on the Midwest at this link.
Best Gyms In Cincinnati
Here is our list of the best gyms in Cincinnati for working out:
- Cincinnati Athletic Club at 111 Shillito Pl
- Cincinnati Sports Club at 3950 Red Bank Rd
- Central Parkway YMCA at 1105 Elm St
- Western Tennis & Fitness Club at 5490 Muddy Creek Rd
- LA Fitness at 4700 Marburg Ave
- Orangetheory Fitness at 3202 Vandercar Way
- Planet Fitness at 11755 Princeton Pike
- Mayerson JCC at 8485 Ridge Rd
- Rockquest Climbing Center at 3475 E Kemper Rd
- East Butler County Family YMCA at 6645 Morris Rd, Hamilton
- LA Fitness at 3312 Princeton Rd, Hamilton
- Planet Fitness at 3461 Towne Blvd, Middletown
- Middletown Area YMCA at 1020 Manchester Ave, Middletown
- Anytime Fitness at 3537 Columbia Pkwy, Mount Lookout
If you are trying to find a 24 hour gym near you Anytime Fitness will work. A pool and basketball court are available at the first five we listed as well as the JCC and the YMCA’s.
You can try out zumba or cardio dance classes at Cincinnati Sports Club, Central Parkway YMCA, Western Tennis, the JCC, or the East Butler YMCA.
They even have aqua zumba at the East Butler and Middletown YMCA’s. Plus the YMCA’s should offer childcare at the gym. Rockquest Climbing Center is the best place for indoor rock climbing in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Cyclebar which you can find at 2713 Edmondson Rd is a dedicated indoor cycling studio. You can also find more group cycling or spinning classes at Cincinnati Sports Club, Western Tennis, the JCC, and the East Butler YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Cincinnati are:
- Cincinnati Fitness & Boxing at 2929 Spring Grove Ave
- Limitless Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & Fitness at 2300 Florence Ave #305
- Title Boxing Club at 710 Sycamore St
- Club Mixed Martial Arts at 3285 Westbourne Dr
- 9Round at 9733 Kenwood Rd, Blue Ash
- Gracie Cincinnati Jiu-Jitsu at 11263 Williamson Rd, Blue Ash
The above are where you should go if you plan to be the next boxing or MMA star. For local cardio boxing or fighting classes you can also head to Cincinnati Sports Club, Central Parkway YMCA, and the JCC.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Cincinnati
When you want to visit yoga and pilates studios near you head to:
- Modo Yoga at 3527 Columbia Pkwy
- World Peace Yoga at 268 Ludlow Ave 2nd Fl
- It’s Yoga at 346 Ludlow Ave
- Shine Yoga Center at 3330 Erie Ave
- Burdo Pilates Studios at 4415 Plainville Rd
Group pilates and yoga classes in your area are available at Cincinnati Sports Club, Central Parkway YMCA, Western Tennis, and the JCC. Cincinnati Athletic Club and Rockquest offer group yoga classes.
There are so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the links to those studios and find the right one for your needs.
If you want some additional motivation go to a workout bootcamp like:
Workout bootcamps are also going down at the Cincinnati Sports Club and Western Tennis.
Barre exercises can be found at:
You can also try group barre fitness classes at the Cincinnati Sports Club, Central Parkway YMCA, Western Tennis, the JCC, and East Butler YMCA from our best gyms near you list.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation In The Area
As we mentioned before the gyms in Cincinnati are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for local outdoor recreation are:
- Great Miami Riverway
- Sayler Park
- Alms Park
- Ault Park
- Eden Park
- Cincinnati Nature Center
- Mt. Airy Forest
- Mt. Echo Park
- Smale Riverfront Park
- Washington Park
- Miami Whitewater Forest
- Beech Acres Park
- Betman Nature Preserve
- Anderson Trails
- Great Parks of Hamilton County
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Cincinnati
The best sporting goods stores in Cincinnati for when you need some new gear are:
- Koch Sporting Goods at 131 W 4th St
- Homage at 1232 Vine St
- JackRabbit at 1993 Madison Rd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 7800 Montgomery Rd #275
- Rei at 2643 Edmondson Rd
- Fleet Feet at 9525 Kenwood Rd
- Clark’s Sporting Goods at 15 South B St, Hamilton
- Roberson Sporting Goods at 6348 Germantown Rd, Middletown
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely sell some home gym equipment in your area but you can also find more at:
By the way we have also written about:
- Working out at Louisville Gyms
- Working out at Columbus Gyms
- Working out at Toledo Gyms
- Working out at Indianapolis Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Cincinnati Gyms
Well guys, for the moment that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what you are about to do. We will be back to update this page a few times a year so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Cincinnati or working out in whichever way you prefer.