Today we will be discussing the best gyms in Dallas. Our only real goal is to cover the local fitness scene to the best of our abilities.
Jumping right into the best Dallas gyms seems like the right idea since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
Up next we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios around the area. Right now workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to wrap it all up we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before you leave there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. By the way, you can check out our post on the best Fort Worth gyms at that link if that helps you out more.
Best Gyms In Dallas
These best gyms in Dallas are places where you can expect to get a quality workout:
- Cooper Fitness Center at 12100 Preston Rd
- Life Time Athletic at 5910 N Central Expy
- Boone Pickens YMCA at 601 N Akard St
- Trophy Fitness Uptown at 2812 Vine St #300
- Semones YMCA at 4332 Northaven Rd
- NXT Rep Fitness at 2600 W Mockingbird Ln
- Summit Climbing Yoga & Fitness at 9201 Forest Ln #200
- Addison Athletic Club at 3900 Beltway Dr, Addison
- Frisco Athletic Center at 5828 Nancy Jane Ln, Frisco
NXT Rep Fitness is a high quality 24 hour gym near you for those who need to work out any time day or night. There will be a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court available at Life Time Athletic and the YMCA’s.
For zumba or group aerobic dance classes visit Cooper Fitness Center, T. Boone Pickens YMCA, Semones YMCA, and the Addison Athletic Club. Parents who need childcare while they work out can get it provided at the YMCA’s, Addison Athletic Club, and the Frisco Athletic Center.
Summit Climbing Yoga & Fitness would get our nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area:
- Class Studios at 2801 N Central Expy #200
- CycleBar at 2020 Cedar Springs #180
- Full Psycle at 2650 N Fitzhugh Ave #120
- Soul Cycle at 5944 W Northwest Hwy
You will definitely get a sweat in at those indoor cycling studios. The Cooper Fitness Center, Life Time Athletic, T. Boone Pickens YMCA, Trophy Fitness, Semones YMCA, and the Frisco Athletic Center from our initial best Dallas gyms list also have group spinning classes for their members.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Dallas are:
- Title Boxing Club at 11613 N Central Expy
- 9Round at 5331 E Mockingbird Ln #105
- Alex Martins Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 2318 Beatrice St #A
- Mezger Martial Arts at 13344 Preston Rd
- Octagon MMA at 4152 Cole Ave #104
- Mohler MMA, Jiu Jitsu & Boxing at 2909 Canton St #B
More options for cardio boxing classes can be found at Cooper Fitness Center, Life Time Athletic, and the Frisco Athletic Center.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Dallas
For the best local yoga and pilates studios head to:
- Dallas Yoga Center at 4525 Lemmon Ave #305
- Pure Yoga at 6333 East Mockingbird Lane #253
- Uptown Yoga at 2636 Thomas Ave
- CorePower Yoga at 1907 N Henderson Ave
- Gaia Flow Yoga Uptown at 3000 Blackburn St #140B
- Studio 6 Fitness at 8180 Park Ln #343
- Bodybar Pilates at 4514 Travis St #125
- Beyond500 at 2003 Henderson Ave
- Solidcore Knox Heights at 4640 Mckinney Ave #160
Additional yoga and pilates classes can be found at Cooper Fitness Center, Semones YMCA, T. Boone Pickens YMCA, and the Frisco Athletic Center. Plus there are more group yoga lessons at Life Time Athletic, and Summit Climbing Yoga & Fitness.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
When you need a little extra motivation try a workout bootcamp:
- Barry’s Dallas at 3600 McKinney Ave #150
- Paradigm Gym at 1605 Greenville Ave
Trophy Fitness also has workout bootcamps.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
- The Barre Code at 1430 Dragon St #25
- Pure Barre at 5919 Greenville Ave
- The Bar Method at 5560 W Lovers Ln #243
Other than those studios a couple of the best gyms near you like Life Time Athletic and the T. Boone Pickens YMCA provide barre fitness classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation In Your Area
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
- Big Cedar Wilderness
- Klyde Warren Park
- Boulder Park
- Trinity River Audubon Center
- Widowmaker Trail Rides
- Trinity Forest Adventure Park
- White Rock Lake Park
- Cedar Ridge Preserve
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Dallas
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores in Dallas:
- Replay Sports Gear at 12835 Preston Rd #322
- Saint Bernard Outlet at 8044 Park Ln #D140
- Luke’s Locker at 3046 Mockingbird Ln
- Soccer Premier at 11538 Harry Hines Blvd #A3
- Fishin’world at 4402 W Lovers Ln
- Trek Bicycles at 7015 Snider Plaza #110
- Tyler’s at 5710 W Lovers Ln
- Uncle Dan’s Pawn Shop at 5404 E Grand Ave
- The Hanger Fan Shop at 2500 Victory Ave
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 4000 Preston Rd, Frisco
- Scheels at 4450 Destination Dr, The Colony
Home Gym Equipment
Please let us know about your favorite places to buy home gym and fitness equipment in the comments. For now we bet you can find what you need at the above sporting goods stores.
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Dallas Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back a few times a year to update this page so that these lists continue to be up to date.
It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Dallas or working out in whichever way you prefer.