Welcome to this guide to the best gyms in Munich. It will try to cover as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Munich gyms they will be the focus of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite local boxing and MMA gyms.
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are more popular than ever so we will dive into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Check out more of our posts about Germany here.
Best Gyms In Munich
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Munich:
- Fitness First at Einsteinstr. 130
- Body + Soul Center at Ungererstr. 175
- Munich Gym at Kathi-Kobus-Str. 11
- Leo’s Sports Club at Leopoldstr. 11
- A.J.’s Health & Fitness at Allacher Str. 80
- McFit at Landsberger Str. 163
- Fit Star Neuhausen at Dachauer Str. 92
- Dav Climbing & Bouldering Center at Thalkirchner Str. 207
- Boulder World at Hanne-Hiob-Str. 4
Fit Star and McFit are a couple of 24 hour gyms near you. Those of you who are after a pool for swimming laps can try out Fitness First or the Body + Soul Center.
Fitness First, Body + Soul Center, Munich Gym, Leo’s Sports Club, A.J’s Health & Fitness, McFit, and Fit Star all offer zumba or group aerobic dance classes. Any parents out there who need childcare while you work out should be able to find it at Body + Soul Center, Leo’s Sports Club, and A.J’s Health & Fitness.
Boulder World and Dav Climbing & Bouldering Center would be the top two indoor rock climbing gyms in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Blackbike at Leopoldstr. 156 is a fully dedicated indoor cycling studio. Plus many of the best gyms in Munich have group spinning classes like Fitness First, Body + Soul Center, Munich Gym, Leo’s Sports Club, A.J’s Health & Fitness, McFit, and Fit Star.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Chakuriki Gym at Landsberger Str. 183
- Scs Thaiboxen Munich at Westendstr. 100
- Steko’s Martial Arts Center at Drygalski-Allee 33
- Boxwerk at Schwindstr. 5
- Munich Fightclub at Newtonstr. 13
Those who are just trying to get a sweat in would enjoy the cardio boxing classes at Fitness First, Munich Gym, Leo’s Sports Club, McFit, and Fit Star.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Munich
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Munich yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Mahashakti Yoga Studio at Schraudolphstr. 27
- Bikram Yoga at Leonrodstr. 6
- Airyoga Studio at Blumenstr. 6
- Ashtanga Yoga Institut at Thorwaldsenstr. 29
- Iyoga Iyengar Yoga at Waltherstr. 23
- Die Yoga Station at Rosenheimer Str. 145e
- The Studio Schwabing at Hohenzollernstr. 10
- Pilatesbody at Wittelsbacherstr. 16
- Body Inn at Birkhahnweg 17
Fitness First, Body + Soul Center, Munich Gym, Leo’s Sports Club, A.J’s Health & Fitness, and Fit Star all have yoga and pilates classes. Plus the climbing gym Boulder World has group yoga lessons available.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Original Bootcamp at Pressburger Str. 9 is a good place to sign up for when you really want to make some quick gains. Some spots from our initial list like Fitness First, Leo’s Sports Club, and A.J’s Health & Fitness provide workout bootcamps for their members.
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
- Ballet Barre München at Marsstr. 40
- Studio.12 at Possartstr. 12
- Sypc Boutique Fitness Group at Leopoldstr. 37a
Outside of those barre studios you can get more barre fitness classes in your area at Fitness First, Munich Gym, and Leo’s Sports Club.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Feringasee Lake
- Munich’s Botanical Gardens
- Kleinhesseloher Lake
- Englischer Garten
- Hellabrunn Tierpark
- Paraworth Tandem Paragliding
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Munich
You may need to buy some gear or equipment that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Munich are:
- Sporthaus Schuster at Rosenstr. 1 – 5
- Sport Bittl at Georg-Reismüller-Str. 5
- Sport Ruscher at Fürstenrieder Str. 34
- Sport Münzinger at Marienplatz 8
- Globetrotter at Isartorplatz 8-10
- SportScheck Outlet at Orleansplatz 11
- Karstadt Sports at Neuhauser Str. 20
Home Gym Equipment
Sport-Tiedje München at Seidlstr. 23 would get the nod for the best place to buy home gym equipment near you. The above sporting goods stores probably will also sell more.
By the way we have also written about:
- Getting in shape at Berlin gyms
- Getting in shape at Prague gyms
- Getting in shape at Vienna gyms
- Getting in shape at Zurich gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Munich Gyms
Now that you have learned more about those gyms, spinning classes, local yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot more prepared to take on what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Munich or working out in whichever way you prefer.