Thanks for joining us for this discussion about the best gyms in Hamburg. We will also try and cover as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
Beginning with the best Hamburg gyms seems wise since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes and our favorite local boxing and MMA gyms.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our Germany workout guides if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Hamburg
Go to one of these best gyms in Hamburg to get a great workout:
- Kaifu-Lodge at Bundesstr. 107
- Meridian Spa & Fitness at Quickbornstr. 26
- Holmes Place at Bostel Row 2
- Fitnessstudio Aspria at Hofweg 40
- Fitness First at Ballindamm 40
- Easy Fitness at Stresemannstr. 23
- Elbgym at Gorch-Fock-Wall 3
- Urban Bodies at Christoph-Probst-Weg 26
- McFit at Steilshooper Allee 47
- Nordwandhalle at Am Inselpark 20
- Dav Climbing Center at Döhrnstr. 4
Those who like to work out at odd hours can go to Fitness First or McFit for a 24 hour gym near you. The top four on the above list should have a pool for swimming laps available.
Zumba or other aerobic dance fitness classes go down at Meridian Fitness, Holmes Place, Fitnessstudio Aspria, Fitness First, Easy Fitness, and McFit. Meridian Fitness can provide parents with childcare while they work out.
Nordwandhalle Dav Climbing Center would probably have to be the two best indoor rock climbing gyms in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
For a dedicated indoor cycling studio check out Hicycle Fitness at Eppendorfer Baum 23. Some of the best Hamburg gyms from our initial list also have group spinning classes like Meridian Fitness, Holmes Place, Fitnessstudio Aspria, and Easy Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Gorilla Gym at Neuer Kamp 31
- Kampfkunst Gym Kwan at Conventstr. 8-10/A
- Boxing Movement at Mühlenkamp 43-45
- Fight Gym Hamburg at Marschnerstieg 1
- Hammerbrook Gym at Gotenstr. 4
- Kampfsport at Ruwoldtweg 6
- Central Fight Club at Droopweg 25
- Zanshin Dojo Martial Arts & Fitness at Mendelssohnstr. 15B
There are many other options for cardio boxing classes at Meridian Fitness, Holmes Place, Fitness First, Easy Fitness, and Elbgym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Hamburg
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Hamburg like:
- Bikram Yoga Altona at Mendelssohnstr. 15B
- Unit Yoga at Ludolfstr. 19
- Y8 Kunstraum + Yoga at Kleiner Kielort 8
- Damn Good Yoga at Rentzelstr. 36-40
- Bikram Yoga Studio Hamburg at Eppendorfer Landstr. 104
- Studio für Hatha-Yoga Renate Annuss at Sachsenweg 65A
- Elbpilates Studio at Haubachstr. 74
- Pilates Studio Hamburg at Landwehr 11
More of the best gyms near you provide yoga and pilates classes for their members like Meridian Fitness, Holmes Place, Fitnessstudio Aspria, Fitness First, Easy Fitness, and McFit. There are also additional group yoga lessons at Elbgym or Urban Bodies.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps in your area should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
- Hit N Run Bootcamps at Poppenbütteler Bogen 23B
- Original Bootcamp at Beim Alten Schützenhof 45
- Holistic Fitness Alster Bootcamp at Alsterwiese
Fitnessstudio Aspria and Elbgym also put on workout bootcamps.
Youpila at Zippelhaus 2 is a nice barre exercise studio to get a toned body plus you can also try the barre fitness classes in your area at Meridian Fitness or Easy Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Hamburg Harbour
- The Speicherstadt
- Elbe Tunnel
- Alster Lake
- Tierpark Hagenbeck
- Treppenviertel Blankenese
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Hamburg
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Hamburg are:
- Globetrotter at Wiesendamm 1
- Sport-Tiedje Hamburg at Stresemannstr. 17 -19
- HSV Arena-Store at Sylvesterallee 7
- Badmintonschläger RacketWorld at Wandsbeker Chaussee 130
- Lunge at Ferdinandstr. 55-57
- Sportscheck at Mönckebergstr. 18
- Nike Store at Spitalerstr. 2
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
On our site we have also written local fitness guides for:
Enjoy Working Out At Hamburg Gyms
You just read about a whole lot of gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you and there should not be anything left to hold you back. You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Hamburg or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.