The best gyms in Zurich will be discussed in full detail in this post. Additionally we are going to try and cover as much as we know about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Zurich gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. If you want to compare the scene here to other cities around Europe you can do so at that link.
Best Gyms In Zurich
Here is our list of the best gyms in Zurich for working out:
- Gymone at Herostrasse 7
- Lionsoul at Hardgutstrasse 16
- Fitnesspark Puls 5 at Giessereistrasse 18
- Luxor Fitness at Glärnischstrasse 35
- Holmes Place at Steinmühleplatz 1
- Fitnessplus Oerlikon at Thurgauerstrasse 40
- Basefit at Pflanzschulstrasse 7/9
- Aurum Fitness at Zollikerstrasse 3
- Balboa Bar & Gym at Am Schanzengraben 19
- NonStop Gym at Elias-Canetti-Strasse 2
- Minimum at Flüelastrasse 31
- Kletterzentrum Gaswerk Schlieren at Kohlestrasse 12b
If you require 24 hour access go to Gymone, Lionsoul, and NonStop Gym. You can find a pool for swimming laps in your area at Fitnesspark.
To try your hand at zumba or aerobic dance fitness classes go to Holmes Place, Balboa Bar & Gym, or Basefit. Those who are looking for Crossfit can sign up for Lionsoul.
Parents who require childcare while they work out can get it at Gymone, Holmes Place, and Fitnessplus. And for indoor rock climbing check out Minimum or Kletterzentrum Gaswerk Schlieren.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Velocity at Naphtastrasse 6 is a really good indoor cycling studio. Some of the places from our best Zurich gyms list also have group spinning classes like Lionsoul, Holmes Place, Basefit, and Fitnessplus.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- 360 Martial Arts at Hohlstrasse 535
- Kickboxing Schule at Hohlstrasse 534
- Boxclub Sportring at Ankerstrasse 114
- Frota Academy at Badenerstrasse 434
- Budosport Nippon AG at Rolandstrasse 15
- Iron MMA Fitness at Unterrohrstrasse 3
If you aren’t trying to become world champ then the cardio boxing classes at Lionsoul, Luxor Fitness, Holmes Place, Basefit, Fitnessplus, and Gymone should suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Zurich
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Bikram Yoga Zurich at Grüngasse 21
- Sanapurna Ayurveda & Yoga at Militärstrasse 115
- Athayoga at Gartenstrasse 14
- Planet Yoga at Eichstrasse 23
- Air Yoga Holding AG at Oberdorfstrasse 2
Balboa Bar & Gym and Basefit are a couple of more places to find yoga and pilates classes. We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after.
The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Unlmtd. GmbH Fitness & Bootcamp at Sihlporte 3
- Luke Rennie Personal Training Boot Camps at Friedaustrasse 12
- Cooach at Bederstrasse 78
Gymone also provides workout bootcamps for their members.
To tone your body quick visit one of these barre exercise studios:
Outside of those studios you can also try the barre fitness classes at Balboa Bar & Gym.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Mount Titlis
- Mt. Pilatus
- Lake Zürich
- Rigi Peak
- Kleine Scheidegg
- Bike Trail Adlisberg
- Pumptrack Züriberg
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Zurich
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Zurich sporting goods stores:
- Ochsner at Kalanderpl. 1
- Och Sport at Bahnhofstrasse 56
- We Run at Sihlcity Kalanderpl. 1
- Ruedi Bergsport at Birmensdorferstrasse 55
- Burton at Marktgasse 3/5
- Decathlon at Gessnerallee 3/5
Home Gym Equipment
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment in your area at:
By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Zurich Gyms
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you notice anything incorrect or if there are any local fitness tips you would like to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Zurich or working out in whichever way you prefer.