Thanks for checking out this post on the best gyms in Vienna. We will be covering as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Vienna gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite local boxing and MMA gyms.
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in your area. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are more popular than ever so we will dive into them too.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in this part of Austria. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
You may want to read some of our other fitness guides for Europe.
Best Gyms In Vienna
Here is our list of the best gyms in Vienna for working out:
- Club Danube at Arbeiterstrandbadstr. 87a
- John Harris Fitness at Nibelungengasse 5
- Holmes Place at Wipplingerstr. 30
- Manhattan Fitness at Heiligenstädter Lände 17
- Clever Fit Gym at Franz-Klein-Gasse 5
- Das Gym at Handelskai 340
- Mcfit at Mariahilfer Str. 96
- Marswiese at Neuwaldeggerstr. 57a
- Ötk-Halle at Bäckerstr. 16
- Boulderbar at Hannovergasse 21
You might be searching for a 24 hour gym near you and if so sign up for McFit. You should find a pool to swim laps or relax in at the top four on the list.
There will be zumba or group aerobic dance classes at John Harris Fitness, Holmes Place, or Marswiese. Boulderbar would be the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
We don’t know of any gyms with childcare while you workout. If you do please tell us in the comments and if the info checks out we can add it to this post.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
When all you are after is cardio consider these indoor cycling or spinning studios near you:
Those cycling studios are really nice, plus you will also find group spinning classes at Holmes Place or Manhattan Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For some serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- Iron Fist Gym at Schönbrunner Str. 186
- MMA Vienna at Favoritenstr. 54
- Backyard Club at Burggasse 95
- Gym23 at Anton-Baumgartner-Str. 40
- Kaigym at Handelskai 102
- Ostermann at Gärtnergasse 4
- Garage Combat Club at Marxergasse 40
- Bounce at Enenkelstr. 26
- Five at Theresiengasse 25-27
Holmes Place and Das Gym also have group boxing classes if all you are interested in is the cardio.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Vienna
One of our more popular sections, here are the best local yoga and pilates studios:
- Doktor Yoga at Mariahilfer Str. 52
- Feelgoodstudio at Paulanergasse 13
- Hot Yoga at Lugeck 1/21
- Sivananda Yoga at Prinz-Eugen-Str. 1040
- One Yoga at Capistrangasse 5
- Yoga College Wien at Neubaugürtel 47/5/1
- Yogakula at Bösendorferstr. 9
Those studios are not your only options because Holmes Place and Manhattan Fitness have both yoga and pilates classes available. Additionally, there are group yoga lessons at Club Danube, John Harris Fitness, and even Boulderbar.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Hyperactive Training at Apostelgasse 18
- Worxout 1070 Wien at Schottenfeldgasse 16
- City Boot Camp at Goldschlagstr. 90-92/Tür 6
- Hiit at Hauptallee 2A
Holmes Place from our initial best Vienna gyms list also hosts workout bootcamps.
Barre workouts have not fully caught on in Austria yet but at least you have The Boutique Barre Studio at Weyringergasse 40 to help you out. Holmes Place also has barre fitness classes available for their members.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas around Austria:
- Schönbrunn Park
- Tiergarten Schonbrunn
- Belvedere Gardens
- Danube Canal
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Vienna
These Vienna sporting goods stores are a good option when you need new gear or equipment:
- Bergfuchs at Kaiserstr. 15
- Nora Pure Sports at Hernalser Gürtel 33
- Tony’s Lauf Shop at Praterstr. 21
- Roadbiker.at at Praterstr. 29
- Xxl Sports & Outdoor Donau Zentrum at Wagramer Str. 94
- Sports Direct at Landstr. Hauptstr. 99
- Nike Store at Mariahilfer Str. 71
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Sport-Tiedje Wien located at Floridsdorfer Hauptstr. 1-7 is a good place to go to buy home gym equipment if the sporting goods stores near you don’t have what you are after.
Just so you know we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out At Vienna Gyms
You just read about a ton of gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you and your confidence should be as high as ever. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Vienna or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.