Thanks for joining us and we hope you will learn a little something about the best gyms in Berlin today. Our only real objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as we know how.
Diving right into the best Berlin gyms seems like the right idea since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. Up next we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
After that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios around this great city. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through more of our posts on Germany if they interest you.
Best Gyms In Berlin
These best gyms in Berlin are places where you can expect to get a quality workout:
- Urban Sports Club at Michaelkirchstr. 20
- Holmes Place at Friedrichstr. 68
- Elixia at Prager Platz 1-3
- Fitness First at Jägerstr. 27
- Berlin Strength at Revaler Str. 99
- Fit Star at Turmstr. 29
- Superfit at Schlosstr. 1
- McFit Gym at Adlergestell 299
- Berta Block Boulderhalle at Mühlenstr. 62
Fit Star, Superfit, and McFit are a few good 24 hour gyms near you. Strength is a powerlifting gym for those who want to make serious gains.
You can swim laps in a pool at any of the top four on the above list. There will be zumba or other group aerobic dance classes at Urban Sports Club, Holmes Place, Elixia, Fitness First, Superfit, and McFit.
Any parents that are reading this and need childcare while they work out can get it at Elixia plus Holmes Place has many fitness classes for kids. Berta Block Boulderhalle is the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
Those are some really nice indoor cycling studios. A few of the best gyms in your area also have group spinning classes like Urban Sports Club, Fitness First, Holmes Place, and McFit.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
There are some boxing and MMA gyms that might be where you start your quest for the belt:
- Ringside Gym at Gürtelstr. 25
- Golden Glory Germany at Ostseestr. 111
- Boxing Gym Berlin Friedrichshain at Frankfurter Allee 53
- Fenriz Gym at Lobeckstr. 36
- Hauptstadt Gym at Eisenacher Str. 19
- Boxtempel at Lehderstr. 42-43
World champ isn’t the goal for all of us and if you just want to get a sweat in you can also try the cardio boxing classes at Urban Sports Club, Fitness First, Holmes Place, and Superfit.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Berlin
For the best Berlin yoga and pilates studios head to:
- Spirit Yoga at Goethestr. 2-3
- Lagoa Yoga at Uhlandstr. 20
- Sun Yoga at Mehringdamm 33
- Yoga Klub at Schönhauser Allee 26
- Jivamukti Yoga at Brunnenstr.29
- Berlin Hot Yoga at Boxhagener Str. 76-78
More yoga and pilates classes are available at Urban Sports Club, Elixia, Fitness First, and Holmes Place. Plus there are even group yoga lessons at Berta Block Boulderhalle.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
Original Bootcamp held at Hasenheide Park is a good place to go to get a really hard workout. Plus a couple of the best Berlin gyms provide workout bootcamps for their members like Urban Sports Club and Holmes Place.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Berlin-Copenhagen Cycle Path
- Landwehr Canal
- Strandbad Müggelsee
- Strandbad Wannsee
- Tempelhofer Park
- Strandbad Grünau
- River Spree
- The Landwehrkanal
- The Gardens of The World
- Tempelhof Field
- Baltic Sea
- Elbe Sandstone Mountains
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Berlin
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these Berlin sporting goods stores:
- Globetrotter Ausrüstung at Schlosstr. 78-82
- Karstadt Sports at Joachimsthaler Str. 5-6
- Der Aussteiger at Danziger Str. 41
- Camp4 at Karl-Marx-Allee 32
- Titus at Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 9
- SportScheck at Schlossstr. 20th
- Adidas at Münzstr. 13 – 15
- Nike Store at Leipziger Pl. 12
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Gyms, Yoga, and Boxing in Munich
- Gyms, Yoga, and Boxing in Hamburg
- Gyms, Yoga, and Boxing in Prague
- Gyms, Yoga, and Boxing in Copenhagen
Enjoy Working Out At Berlin Gyms
What is there left to hold you back after reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you? It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Berlin or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.