Hey there and welcome to this post on the best gyms in Cologne. Our goal is to cover as much as we can about working out near you in as short amount of a time as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Cologne gyms we will list and discuss them first. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local pilates and yoga studios will come next and we are sure plenty of you are here to learn more about them. Other trending subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so the top outdoor recreations areas will get a shout out. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Germany is a country we have written many local fitness guides for on our site.
Best Gyms In Cologne
These best gyms in Cologne are great spots to go for a quality workout:
- Neptunbad at Neptunplatz 1
- Holmes Place at Gürzenichstr. 6-16
- Fitness First at Bonner Str. 271
- Just Fit Premium at In Mediapark 4A
- Flexx Fitness & Courses at Poll-Vingster Str. 124
- Mcfit at Hohe Str. 62 – 68
- Boulderplanet at Oskar-Jäger-Str. 143H
- Kletterfabrik at Oskar-Jäger-Str. 173
Mcfit is a 24 hour gym near you if working out at odd hours is necessary. The top four on the list should have a swimming pool for relaxing or swimming laps.
Neptunbad, Holmes Place, Fitness First, Flexx Fitness, and Mcfit all have local zumba or group aerobic dance classes. Boulderplanet and Kletterfabrik would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gyms in town.
You can also get childcare while you workout at Neptunbad or Boulderplanet.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
We don’t know of any indoor cycling studios in your area, but some of the best gyms in Cologne like Holmes Place, Fitness First, and Just Fit Premium have group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For serious training try out these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Cage MMA at Stolberger Str. 370
- CK MMA Gym at Bayardsgasse 3
- Jupp’s Fight Team e.V. at Leimbachweg 8
- Combat Club at Beuelsweg 15
- Boxing Company at Rhöndorfer Str. 10-13
- Porzer Fight Club at Kaiserstr. 36
Neptunbad, Holmes Place, Fitness First, and Just Fit Premium from our main gyms near you list also have cardio boxing classes.
Yoga &fre Pilates Studios In Cologne
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- Institute For Yoga & Health at Plankgasse 42
- Yoga Vidya at Lübecker Str. 8-10
- The Yogaloft at Neusser Str. 27-29
- Hot Yoga Köln – Yoga39° at Richard-Wagner-Str. 18
- Yes Yoga at Friesenstr. 50
- Absolute Pilates at Lützerathstr. 149E
More options for group yoga and pilates classes in your area are available at Neptunbad, Holmes Place, Fitness First, Just Fit Premium, and Flexx Fitness. There are also yoga lessons at Boulderplanet.
The thing is, there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
Holmes Place is another place to go for workout bootcamps.
Glowbarre at Aachener Str. 27 would get the nod for best dedicated barre exercise studio in your area. Neptunbad and Fitness First also have local barre fitness classes available to their members.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
Sometimes you may want to try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- River Rhine
- Eifel National Park
- Waldbreitbach Hiking Trail
- Wiedtal Hiking Trail
- Wildnis-Trail Nationalpark Eifel
- Monrealer Ritterschlag
- The Westerwald-Steig
- Hiroshima-Nagasaki Park
- Flora und Botanischer Garten
- Lindenthaler Tier Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Cologne
When it is time to buy new gear or equipment visit one of these Cologne sporting goods stores:
- Laufsport Bunert at Aachener Str. 233-237
- 1A-SportsShop at Heinrich-Brüning-Str. 10
- Radius at Neusser Str. 188
- Globetrotter at Richmodstr. 10
- SportScheck at Schildergasse 38-42
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely sell some home gym equipment in your area but you can also find more at:
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Gyms & Fitness in Dusseldorf
- Gyms & Fitness in Frankfurt
- Gyms & Fitness in Stuttgart
- Gyms & Fitness in Hamburg
Enjoy Working Out At Cologne Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are ready and waiting. We will be back often to update this page so the info stays correct.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Cologne or working out in whichever way you prefer.