Thanks for checking out our post on the best gyms in San Antonio and everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you. We just want to get you the info you desire as quickly as possible.
Since the majority of you are probably here for the best San Antionio gyms they will be the star of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are really trending upwards so we will be diving into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
If you want to read more posts on fitness around the Midwest you can do so right here.
Best Gyms In San Antonio
These best gyms in San Antonio are great spots to go for a quality workout:
- Gold’s Gym at 7431 Merton Minter
- Thousand Oaks Family YMCA at 2263 Thousand Oaks
- Life Time Fitness 18510 US Highway 281 N
- LA Fitness at 7140 Blanco Rd
- Armadillo Boulders at 1119 Camden St
- Fitness 1440 at 9910 W Loop 1604 N #117
- Rambler Fitness Center at 751 1st St E Bldg 949, Universal City
- Gold’s Gym at 7937 Pat Booker Rd, Live Oak
Many people are looking for a 24 hour gym near you and if so Fitness 1440 can handle your needs day or night. You should be able to find both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at Gold’s Gym or the Thousand Oaks Family YMCA.
Zumba or group aerobic dance classes are available at Fitness 1440 and the Thousand Oaks Family YMCA. The YMCA even has aqua zumba classes.
If you need childcare while you work out you can get it at Gold’s Gym, Life Time Fitness, or the Thousand Oaks Family YMCA. Armadillo Boulders would probably be the top indoor climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
When all you are after is cardio consider these indoor cycling or spinning studios near you:
- Joyride at 1915 Broadway #108
- Revolution at 700 E Sonterra #305
- Cyclebar at 22602 U.S. Hwy 281 N S#104
Those indoor cycling studios are great options, but there are also group spinning classes at Gold’s Gym, Life Time Fitness, and the Thousand Oaks Family YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
For some serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Class UFC Gym at 9951 W I-10
- Tapout Fitness at 903 E Bitters Rd #309
- UFC Gym Brookhollow at 15032 San Pedro Ave
- CKO Kickboxing at 17700 US 281 N #500
- Ohana Academy at 15032 San Pedro Ave
- Pinnacle Martial Arts at 4926 Golden Quail #204
- Rodrigo Pinheiro Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at 4563 N Loop 1604 W #1215
Yoga & Pilates Studios In San Antonio
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- The Synergy Studio at 701 N Alamo St #2
- Southtown Yoga Loft at 724 S Alamo St #3
- Divine Yoga at 1609 West Lawndale Dr
- Half Moon Power Yoga at 4553 N Loop 1604 W #1115
- Loka Studios at 18838 FM 2252 #2200
- Sweet Soul Yoga at 20711 Wilderness Oak #107
- Black Swan Yoga at 914 E Elmira St #201
- The Union Fitness & Fun at 11255 Huebner Rd #202
The Thousand Oaks Family YMCA is another place to visit for both yoga and pilates lessons. For additional group yoga classes you can try out Life Time Fitness.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
If you have been stuck in a rut these workout bootcamps could give you that edge we all sometimes need:
- The Camp Transformation Center at 431 Isom Rd #210
- San Antonio Fit Body Boot Camp at 5405 Bandera Rd #110
Fitness 1440 from our initial best gyms near you list also puts on workout bootcamps for their members.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
Those barre studios are great plus there are group barre fitness classes at the Thousand Oaks Family YMCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day consider hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Brackenridge Park
- Natural Bridge Caverns
- Victor Braunig Lake
- Garner State Park
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- Government Canyon State Natural Area
- McAllister Park
- Lost Maples State Natural Area
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In San Antonio
These San ANtonio sporting goods stores are a good option when you need new gear or equipment:
- Vivroux Sports at 2222 Breezewood
- Orvis at 7427 San Pedro Ave #104
- Team Express Sporting Goods at 1003 E Nakoma Dr #104
- D & J Sports at 6401 Blanco Rd
- A 1 Sports Center at 1027 Bandera Rd
- Good Sports Outdoor Outfitters at 12730 W I-10 #300
- Bass Pro Shops at 17907 W I-10
- Play It Again Sports at 15038 San Pedro Ave
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 5503 W Loop 1604 N
- Action Bikes at 1645 Pat Booker Rd #111, Universal City
- Duggan Diving at 2617 Pat Booker Rd #101, Universal City
You can buy or sell new and used sporting goods at Play it Again Spots.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in Austin
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in Houston
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in Dallas & Ft Worth
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in El Paso
Enjoy Working Out At San Antonio Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we know. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in San Antonio or working out in whichever way you prefer.