The best gyms in El Paso plus all the things we know about working out near you will be covered in full detail in this guide. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a better way to kick this off then by listing the best El Paso gyms. Once they are out of the way we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
The best pilates and yoga studios near you will absolutely have to get their own sections. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will wrap it all up.
The Southwest is an area that we have written about many times on our site.
Best Gyms In El Paso
When you want to get a great workout head to one of these best gyms in El Paso:
- Gold’s Gym at 12040C Tierra Este Rd
- Fred & Maria Loya Family YMCA at 2044 Trawood Dr
- Westside Family YMCA at 7145 N Mesa St
- Chalio Acosta Sports Center at 4321 Delta Dr
- EP Fitness at 10060 Rushing Rd
- Cave Climbing Gym at 113 Executive Center Blvd
- Recreation & Wellness Center Fitness Plus at 11200 Santos Sanchez St
- Anytime Fitness at 13034 Eastlake Blvd, Horizon City
- Xtreme Core Fitness at 125 N Kenazo Ave #I&J, Horizon City
Anytime Fitness and Xtreme Core Fitness both offer 24 hour gym access. Those who would like both a pool and a basketball court can find them at the YMCA’s, while Gold’s Gym has a pool and Chalio Acosta Sports Center has a basketball court.
You might be interested in the group zumba or aerobic dance classes at the Westside Family YMCA, EP Fitness, Recreation & Wellness Center Fitness Plus, and Xtreme Core Fitness. If you need childcare while you workout you can find it at Gold’s Gym or EP Fitness.
Cave would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym near you.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
These indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
Gold’s Gym, Westside Family YMCA, EP Fitness, and Xtreme Core Fitness also offer group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- 9Round at 145 E Sunset Rd #B100
- UFC Gym El Paso West at 6633 North Mesa St #305
- Garcias House Of Boxing at 1477 Lomaland Dr
- Briggs Academy of Mma at 811 Southwestern Dr
- Unleashed MMA Fitness at 1510 N Zaragoza Rd #B3
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at 1491 Lee Trevino Dr
If becoming world champ isn’t your goal and you are just after the cardio then the group boxing classes at Gold’s Gym and the Westside Family YMCA should also suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In El Paso
We bet many of you would enjoy these El Paso yoga or pilates studios:
- Hot Box Yoga at 5941 Fiesta Dr
- Surya Yoga at 5001 North Mesa St #2b
- Shanti Yoga at 1201 Airway Blvd #D1
- Ananda Yoga Pilates & Wellness at 4737 Emory Rd #F&G
The Westside Family YMCA and EP Fitness are more places to find group yoga and pilates classes.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
Xtreme Core Fitness also has workout bootcamps.
Pure Barre located at 5610 N Desert Blvd is a high quality barre exercise studio in the area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Franklin Mountains State Park
- Hueco Tanks State Park & Historic Site
- McKelligon Canyon
- Red Sands
- Keystone Heritage Park
- Ascarate Park
- Pat O’Rourke Memory Trail
- River Park Trail
- Tom Mays Park
- Madeline Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In El Paso
These El Paso sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Sports World Sporting Goods at 3136 Trawood Dr #E-5
- Sport Xplosion at 6966 Gateway Blvd E
- Wholesale V I Sports at 405 S El Paso St
- Fanzz at 8401 Gateway Blvd W
- Up & Running at 1475 George Dieter Dr
- Morse Enterprises at 112 S Stanton St
- Cabela’s at 6450-10 Desert Blvd N
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 1313 George Dieter Dr #A
- Pro Image Sports at 1611 Marshall Rd, Fort Bliss
- Patriot Outfitters at 1611 Marshall Rd, Fort Bliss
Home Gym Equipment Near You
The above sporting goods stores will also have some but for a wider selection of home gym equipment try The Fitness Superstore at 7401 North Mesa St.
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At El Paso Gyms
Hopefully you just learned something about those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any local fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in El Paso or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.