The best gyms in McAllen, Edinburg, and Mission and everything you need to know about working out in your area is about to be covered in full detail. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
- 1 Best Gyms In McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission
- 2 Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
- 3 Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
- 4 Yoga & Pilates Studios In McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission
- 5 Workout Bootcamps
- 6 Barre Exercises
- 7 Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
- 8 Buy Sporting Goods In McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission
- 9 Home Gym Equipment Near You
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in McAllen, Edinburg, and Mission. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is a local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the Midwest at this link you want.
Best Gyms In McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission
Here is our list of the best gyms in McAllen, Edinburg, and Mission to get a great work out:
- Gold’s Gym McAllen at 1601 W Dove Ave
- TruFit at 110 S 2nd St
- Planet Fitness at 2901 N 23rd St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 5800 N 10th St #110
- Gold’s Gym at 627 S McColl Rd, Edinburg
- TruFit Edinburg at 1901 W Trenton Rd, Edinburg
- Crunch Fitness at 1201 S McColl Rd, Edinburg
- Planet Fitness at 1606 W University Dr, Edinburg
- UTRGV Recreation Center at 1201 W University Dr, Edinburg
- Gold’s Gym at 2520 E Expressway 83, Mission
- F.I.T Lab Fitness at 2015 N Shary Rd, Mission
- TruFit Conway at 3205 N Conway Ave, Mission
Anyone who wants to swim laps in a pool or use a basketball court can do both at any of the Gold’s Gym’s in your area and the UTRGV Recreation Center. UTRGV also provides an indoor track, tennis courts, a softball field, indoor rock climbing walls, and two recreation fields.
Access to their facilities is only available to students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees and their spouses. If you need to find a 24 hour gym near you Planet Fitness in McAllen and Edinburg can handle your needs.
For zumba classes try any Gold’s Gym, any TruFit, or the Crunch Fitness in Edinburg. Parents who need gyms with childcare can go to any Gold’s Gym or TruFit.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Trybe Cycle at 6100 N 10th Street #g has group spinning and indoor cycling classes as do many of your best local gyms like Gold’s Gym, TruFit, and Crunch Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- 9Round McAllen at 5113 N 10th St #B
- Bad Boys Boxing Club at 4300 N Bicentennial Dr
- Modern Jiu-Jitsu Self Defense at 5305 N 23rd St
- Enzo Jiu Jitsu Academy at 6421 N 10th St #130
- Team Tiger Martial Arts at 2009 Industrial Dr
- Mastery Martial Arts at 121 W Nolana Ave
- RGVFA Academy at 2510 W Sprague St, Edinburg
- South Texas Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 2030 W University Dr, Edinburg
- 9Round Mission at 2310 E Expressway 83 #6, Mission
- LS Taekwondo at 3805 Plantation Grove Blvd #G, Mission
Boxing classes can also be found at Gold’s Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in McAllen, Edinburg, and Mission like:
- Quiet Mind Yoga at 3428 N 10th St #260
- Casa Om Yoga at 800 N Main St #310
- Aramat Pilates & Spa at 6624 N 10th St A
- Hot Yoga Studio at 516 N Shary Rd #E, Mission
We also suggest that you check out the yoga and pilates classes in your area at Gold’s Gym and TruFit. As much as we would like to give more detail there are just way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what each and every one of you are after.
Take the links to the above studios if you are searching for any specific style or technique.
The TruFit in Conway is a good option for workout bootcamps.
You can try barre fitness classes at a few spots from other lists like Gold’s Gym and Hot Yoga Studio.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- McAllen Nature Center
- Mission Hike and Bike Trail
- Bill Schupp Park
- Bicentennial Hike and Bike Trail
- Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
- Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park
- Edinburg Municipal Park
- La Vista Park Trail & Fitness System
- Las Palmas Park Trail
- Los Encinos Park
- Westside Park Trail
- Retama Village Park Trail
- Edinburg Scenic Wetlands
Buy Sporting Goods In McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in McAllen, Edinburg, and Mission are:
- Zorba inc at 14 S Main St
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 3901 W Expy 83
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 716 E Expy 83
- Valley Running Co at 1701 W Dove Ave J
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 651 E Trenton Rd, Edinburg
- MCM Sporting Goods at 1302 N Conway Ave, Mission
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
They also sell home gyms and fitness equipment at Academy Sports + Outdoors and the Dick’s Sporting Goods near you. Just so you know we have also covered:
- The Corpus Christi Fitness Scene
- The San Antonio Fitness Scene
- The Austin Fitness Scene
- The Houston Fitness Scene
Enjoy Working Out At McAllen, Edinburg, & Mission Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in McAllen, Edinburg, and Mission or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.