In this post we hope you will learn a little something about the best gyms in Austin. Covering the local fitness scene as well as we know how is our only real objective.
We might as well dive right into the best Austin gyms seems like the right idea since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. After we have discussed them we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that will be the best yoga and pilates studios around the city. These days workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. All of our other guides for Midwest cities can be found right here.
Best Gyms In Austin
Here is our list of the best gyms in Austin for working out:
- Fitness Connection at 13776 US-183
- Townlake YMCA at 1100 W Cesar Chavez St
- YMCA of North Austin at 1000 W Rundberg Ln
- Life Time Fitness at 13725 Ranch Rd 620 N
- LA Fitness at 4001 S Lamar Blvd
- Big Tex Gym at 1921 Cedar Bend Dr #A 130
- Austin Bouldering Project at 979 Springdale Rd #150
- Anytime Fitness at 3407 Guadalupe St #A
- Crux Climbing Center at 121 Pickle Rd #100
- Clay Madsen Recreation Center at 1600 Gattis School Rd, Round Rock
- Chasco YMCA at 1812 N Mays, Round Rock
- Twin Lakes YMCA at 204 East Little Elm Trl, Cedar Park
Big Tex Gym or Anytime Fitness are a couple of high quality 24 hour gyms near you. Those who want a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court can go to the YMCA’s, Life Time Fitness, or the Clay Madsen Rec Center.
Big Tex Gym is great for anyone that is trying to make gains with power lifting and bodybuilding. Those who are interested in zumba or aerobic dance classes can find them at Fitness Connection, Chasco Family YMCA, Twin Lakes Family YMCA, and the Clay Madsen Rec Center.
Crux Climbing Center and Bouldering Project would get our vote for the top indoor rock climbing gyms in your area. Parents who need childcare while they work out should be able to have it provided at the YMCA’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Ride at 117 Lavaca St
- Love Cycling Studio at 507 Pressler St #900
- Soulcycle at 11800 Domain Blvd #150
There may be no better way to get your cardio than at those indoor cycling studios. You will also find that many of the best Austin gyms have group spinning classes like Fitness Connection, Life Time Fitness, the YMCA’s, and the Clay Madsen Rec Center.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
There are some boxing and MMA gyms that might be where you start your quest for the belt:
- Austin Kickboxing Academy at 3905 Warehouse Row
- John’s Gym MMA at 11416 Ranch Rd 620 N
- Fight Club at 2222 Rio Grande St #170
- Aces Jiu Jitsu Club at 10435 Burnet Rd #106
- Title Boxing Club at 13945 US 183 N Hwy #C3
- Fit & Fearless at 501 E St Elmo Rd #B-3
If you just want to get a sweat in the boxing fitness classes at Fitness Connection, Life Time Fitness, Clay Madsen Rec Center, Townlake YMCA, and Big Tex Gym can get the job done too.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Austin
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Austin like:
- Pure Yoga Texas at 507 Pressler St #100
- Wanderlust Yoga at 206 East 4th St
- Practice Yoga at 1103 East 6th St
- Black Swan Yoga at 4534 Westgate Blvd
- CorePower Yoga at 801 W 5th St #I
- Modo Yoga Austin at 7010 Easy Wind Dr #130
- Pure Pilates at 2222 Rio Grande St Bldg B #105
- ToddPilates & Barre at 4032 S Lamar Blvd #700
- TruFusion at 4211 S Lamar Blvd
Additional yoga and pilates classes are available at Fitness Connection and the YMCA’s. Plus you can find more group yoga lessons at Life Time Fitness, Austin Bouldering Project, and the Clay Madsen Rec Center.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
When you need a little extra motivation try a workout bootcamp:
- Heat Bootcamp at 2210 S 1st St #A
- Fighting Fit Boot Camp of Austin at 1779 Wells Branch Pkwy
- Of The Lion Fitness at 5540 N Lamar Blvd #B
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
- Barre3 at 115 Sandra Muraida Way #103
- Pure Barre at 10710 Research Blvd #316
- The Barre Code at 2300 S Lamar Blvd
- Studio Barre at 4970 W US Hwy 290 Service Rd #410
Other than those studios some of the best gyms near you also have barre fitness classes like Life Time Fitness, Chasco Family YMCA, and the Twin Lakes YMCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Barton Creek Greenbelt
- Lady Bird Lake
- St. Edwards Park
- Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve
- Mount Bonnell
- McKinney Falls State Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Brushy Creek Lake Park
- Lake Travis
- Reimers Ranch Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Austin
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these Austin sporting goods stores:
- Yeti Flagship at 220 S Congress Ave
- Fringe Sport at 3725 Drossett Dr
- Sportsman’s Finest at 12434 Bee Caves Rd
- Bicycle Sport Shop at 517 S Lamar Blvd
- Sun & Ski Sports at 2438 W Anderson Ln
- The Loop Running Supply at 115 Sandra Muraida Way #105B
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 7513 N I-35
- Play It Again Sports at 2933 W Anderson Ln
- Fleet Feet at 3750 Gattis School Rd #500, Round Rock
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 1104 C-Bar Ranch Trl, Cedar Park
When you want to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you head to Play it Again Sports.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will also have some, but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
- FitDel – Fitness Delivered at 2601 Mc Hale Ct #100
- Fringe Sport at 3725 Drossett Dr
- Fitness In Motion at 10900 Research Blvd #200B
- Fitness HQ at 5300 S Mopac Expwy #501
- Pw23 Fitness at 937 Reinli St #16
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Austin Gyms
You should be ready to take on the world after thinking about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you. It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Austin or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.