Thanks for checking out our guide to the best gyms in Milwaukee. Our goal is to cover as much as we can about working out near you in as quickly as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best Milwaukee gyms we will list and discuss them first. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we are sure plenty of you are here for that info. Other trending subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the area will get a shout out. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
You may also want to see more of our fitness guides for cities around the Midwest.
Best Gyms In Milwaukee
These best gyms in Milwaukee are great spots to go for a quality workout:
- Wisconsin Athletic Club at 411 E Wisconsin Ave
- Helfaer Recreation Center at 525 N 16th St
- Downtown YMCA at 161 W Wisconsin Ave #4000
- MSOE Kern Center at 1245 N Broadway
- Gold’s Gym at 731 N Water St
- Planet Fitness at 101 W Wisconsin Ave
- Adventure Rock at 2220 N Commerce St
- Anytime Fitness at 6015 W Forest Home Ave
- Waukesha YMCA at 320 E Broadway, Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness at 6706 W Greenfield Ave, West Allis
- Princeton Club at 14999 W Beloit Rd, New Berlin
- West Suburban YMCA at 2420 N 124th St, Wauwatosa
- Life Time Athletic at 17585 Golf Pkwy, Brookfield
Anytime Fitness and Princeton Club are both good 24 hour gyms near you. You should be able to find a pool for swimming laps and basketball court at the Helfaer Recreation Center, Waukesha YMCA, West Suburban YMCA, Princeton Club, Gold’s Gym, and Life Time Athletic.
Zumba and group aerobic dance classes are available at the Helfaer Recreation Center, Downtown YMCA, Gold’s Gym, West Suburban YMCA, and Life Time Athletic. The YMCA’s should be able to provide childcare while you workout, and Adventure Rock is the best indoor climbing gym in town.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are one of the most popular way to get your cardio these days:
Additionally Wisconsin Athletic Club, Helfaer Recreation Center, Waukesha YMCA, and Life Time Athletic have group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
If all you care about is the cardio then the group boxing classes at some of the best Milwaukee gyms like Wisconsin Athletic Club, Downtown YMCA, Gold’s Gym, Waukesha YMCA, West Suburban YMCA, and Life Time Athletic should satisfy your needs as well.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Milwaukee
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Milwaukee like:
- Milwaukee Power Yoga at 1924 N Farwell Ave
- Hot Yoga Milwaukee at 2084 N Commerce St
- Yama Yoga at 231 E Buffalo St #201
- Healium Hot Yoga at 2534 S. Kinnickinnic Ave
- Yoga Six at 2227 N Prospect Ave
- Urban Om at 2410 N Farwell Ave
- Flying Squirrel Pilates Studio at 317 N Broadway
- Eastside Pilates at 2445 Farwell Ave
- Club Pilates at 6929 W North Ave, Wauwatosa
More yoga and pilates classes can be found at Wisconsin Athletic Club, Helfaer Recreation Center, and the Downtown YMCA. On top of that Adventure Rock, Waukesha YMCA, West Suburban YMCA, and Life Time Athletic have group yoga lessons.
The thing is, there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
One of these workout bootcamps could give you that edge we all sometimes need:
The Waukesha YMCA also puts on workout bootcamps.
Visiting a barre exercise studio is a great way to tone your body:
- The Barre Code at 225 N Water St
- Barre Milwaukee at 5211 W North Ave
- Barre District at 2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #5
Some of the best gyms near you like Wisconsin Athletic Club, Helfaer Recreation Center, and the West Suburban YMCA also have barre fitness classes available to their members.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Sometimes you may want to try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Lakeshore State Park
- Milwaukee River
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
- Bradford Beach
- Mitchell Park Domes
- Lake Michigan
- Urban Ecology Center
- Oak Leaf Trail
- Jackson Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Milwaukee
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Milwaukee are:
- Moda3 at 320 E Buffalo St
- Stefans Soccer at 1018 W Lincoln Ave
- Casanovas at 665 S 72nd St
- Performance Running Outfitters at 403 E Buffalo St
- Too Much Rock for One Hand at 207 E Buffalo #318
- Hot4lax Lacrosse Center at 21675 Doral Rd #a, Waukesha
- Dunham’s Sports at 2550 S 108th St, West Allis
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 11500 W Burleigh St #140, Wauwatoa
- Dunham’s Sports at 15470 W Beloit Rd, New Berlin
- Albrecht’s Spare Time Pro Shop at 16000 W Cleveland Ave, New Berlin
- Burghardt Sporting Goods at 14660 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Emerys Cycling, Triathlon & Fitness located at 9929 W Lisbon Ave is a great place to buy home gym equipment. Don’t forget about those sporting goods stores either.
Just so you know we have also covered:
- The Madison Gym & Yoga Scene
- The Chicago Gym & Yoga Scene
- The Minneapolis & Saint Paul Gym & Yoga Scene
- The Grand Rapids Gym & Yoga Scene
Enjoy Working Out At Milwaukee Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own local fitness tips don’t hesitate to mention them in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Milwaukee or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.