In this post we hope you will learn a little something about the best gyms in Fort Worth. Our only real goal is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
Jumping right into the best Fort Worth gyms seems like the right idea since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. After we have discussed them we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
Up next will be the best yoga and pilates studios around your area. These days workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can check out our Dallas gym and fitness guide at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Fort Worth
These best gyms in Fort Worth are places where you can expect to get a quality workout:
- Amon Carter Jr. Downtown YMCA at 512 Lamar St
- LA Fitness at 2860 Crockett St
- 24 Hour Fitness at 2701 Halloran St
- Eastside YMCA at 1500 Sandy Ln
- Life Time Athletic at 10761 Founders Way
- CERA at 3300 Bryant Irvin Rd
- Castle MetroFlex Gym at 5501 Thelin St #125
- Summit Yoga, Climbing, & Fitness at 2828 W Lancaster Ave
- Maverick Activities Center at 500 W Nedderman St, Arlington
- Oak Point Recreation Center at 6000 Jupiter Rd, Plano
- Carpenter Park Recreation Center at 6701 Coit Rd, Plano
- Life Time Fitness at 5602 Naaman Forest Blvd, Garland
Anyone that is after a 24 hour gym near you can just head to 24 Hour Fitness. You should be able to find a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at just about all of the above though CERA doesn’t have a pool.
To try out zumba or other aerobic dance classes visit 24 Hour Fitness, CERA, and Maverick Activities Center. Any parents who need childcare while they work out should find it available at the Downtown YMCA, Eastside YMCA, and Life Time Fitness.
Summit would get our vote for best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
The above cycling studios are high quality plus you can find plenty of group spinning classes at many of the best Fort Worth gyms like the Downtown YMCA, 24 Hour Fitness, Eastside YMCA, Life Time Athletic, Maverick Activities Center, and Life Time Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Fort Worth are:
- 9round at 5411 Basswood Blvd #221
- Travis Lutter at 6913 Camp Bowie Blvd #133
- TX Black Belt Academy at 5500 Overton Ridge Blvd
- Ilovekickboxing at 6333 Camp Bowie Blvd #245
- New World Combat at 3000 Cullen St #A
24 Hour Fitness, Life Time Athletic, Castle MetroFlex, Maverick Activities Center, and Life Time Fitness are more places to find cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Fort Worth
For the best Fort Worth yoga and pilates studios check out:
- Yoga Project at 1533 Merrimac Cir #207
- Blue Morpho Yoga at 3518 W Vickery Blvd
- Indigo Academy Yoga at 3425 W 7th St
- Indra’s Grace at 620 S Jennings Ave
- Hotworx at 2600 W 7th St #141
- Corepower Yoga at 1621 River Run #166
- Soul Sweat Hot Yoga at 1217 8th Ave #201
- Bodybar Pilates at 3232 W 7th St
- Club Pilates at 2317 N Tarrant Pkwy #423
You can also look into the yoga and pilates classes at the Downtown YMCA, 24 Hour Fitness, and the Eastside YMCA. There are even more group yoga lessons at Summit Yoga, Climbing, & Fitness, Maverick Activities Center, and Life Time Fitness.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
When you need a little extra motivation try a workout bootcamp:
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 6489 Southwest Blvd
- Fit Body Boot Camp at 1768 Mall Circle Dr
- Body Firm Fitness Bootcamps at 2927 Shamrock Ave
- The Camp Transformation Center at 5203 McCart Ave
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
- Pure Barre at 3400 W 7th St
- The Dailey Method at 2000 W Berry St #200
- Smart Barre Camp Bowie at 3911 Camp Bowie Blvd
- D Method at 1289 Hemphill St #101
Other than those studios you can also try the barre fitness classes at a few of the best gyms near you like 24 Hour Fitness, Life Time Athletic, and Life Time Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Fort Worth Water Gardens
- Grapevine Botanical Gardens
- Botanical Research Institute
- Trinity Trails
- Tandy Hills Natural Area
- Fossil Park
- White Rock Lake
- Cedar Hill State Park & Dorba Trail
- Fort Worth Nature Center
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Fort Worth
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- Lone Star Walking & Running Co. at 4929 Camp Bowie Blvd
- Carey’s Sporting Goods at 2905 S Cherry Ln
- Fort Worth Running Company at 1621 River Run #116
- Luke’s Locker at 5255 Monahans Ave
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 6101 Bryant Irvin Rd
- Backwoods at 441 Carroll St
- Rally House Arlington at 309 Curtis Mathes Way #117, Arlington
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 4045 Central Expy, Plano
- Play it Again Sports at 3115 W Parker Rd #470, Plano
- Bass Pro Shops at 5001 Bass Pro Dr, Garland
Play it Again Sports is where to go if you are trying to buy or sell new and used sporting goods near you.
Home Gym Equipment
Busy Body at 4801 S Hulen St is a great place to buy all kinds of home gym equipment. Plus those sporting goods stores should have more home gym and fitness equipment available.
By the way we have also written local fitness guides for:
Enjoy Working Out At Fort Worth Gyms
Well guys, for now that is just about all we know. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
It would really help us and all of our readers out if you would use the comments to let us know if there is anything wrong on this page or to share your own local fitness tips.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Fort Worth or working out in whichever way you prefer.