In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in Provo plus all the things we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
Diving right in to the best Provo gyms seems like the most natural way for us to begin. Up next we will get into the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will come after that.
It would be silly for us to forget about the best local pilates and yoga studios so we won’t do that. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will have their own sections too.
When you want some cardio the gym isn’t your only option so we will discuss the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. To wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be listed.
You can check out some of our other fitness guides for the Southwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Provo
The best Provo gyms to get a great workout are:
- Vasa Fitness at 460 N 900th E
- Provo Recreation Center at 320 W 500th N
- Rxfit at 184 400 N
- Revere Health Wellness Institute at 1055 N 500 W #122
- Vasa Fitness at 1259 South 800 E, Orem
- Orem Fitness Center at 580 W 165th S, Orem
- Student Life & Wellness Center at 800 W University Pkwy, Orem
- Planet Fitness at 157 N State St, Orem
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1345 S State St, Orem
- Anytime Fitness at 111 N Geneva Rd, Vineyard
Anytime Fitness and Planet Fitness are both open 24 hours. For gyms with a pool and basketball court try out the Provo Rec Center, Rxfit, Revere Health Wellness Center, or the Orem Fitness Center.
Group zumba or aerobic dance classes can be found at both Vasa Fitness locations, the Provo Recreation Center, Orem Fitness Center, and the Student Life & Wellness Center. If you need childcare while you workout you can get it at the Orem Fitness Center.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Fans of cardio will love these indoor cycling and spinning classes near you:
There are also group spinning classes at both Vasa Fitness locations, the Provo Recreation Center, the Student Life & Wellness Center, and Orangetheory Fitness in Orem.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
When you hope to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms in your area like:
- Agema Jiu Jitsu at 1200 Towne Centre Blvd #2112, Wasatch
- Combat Sports at 972 N 1430 W, Orem
- 9Round Kickboxing Fitness at 97 S State St, Orem
- Legends Boxing at 894 N State St, Orem
If all you care about is more cardio then the group boxing classes at the Provo Recreation Center and Orem Fitness Center will get the job done.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Provo
We bet many of you would enjoy these Provo yoga or pilates studios:
- Yoga Underground at 936 E 450 N
- 3B Yoga at 4801 N University Ave STE 530
- Bodhi Yoga at 2230 N University Pkwy
- Inbalance Yoga & Wellness at 436 W 800 N
- Pilates Unbound at 1959 N State St
The Orem Fitness Center and Student Life & Wellness Center have both yoga and pilates classes. The Vasa Fitness near you have yoga classes, while the Provo Recreation Center has pilates lessons.
There are so many types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. It is probably best if you look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
Anyone that is looking for a really intense workout should look into Burn Boot Camp at 545 E University Pkwy in Orem. You can also find local bootcamps at the Provo Rec Center.
The best dedicated barre workout studio we know of in your area is Karve Studio at 537 W 550th N #A in Lindon. There are also barre fitness classes at the Provo Recreation Center and the Orem Fitness Center.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Provo you can try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Provo Canyon
- Provo River
- Rock Canyon
- Provo Beach
- Provo River Parkway Trail
- Utah Lake State Park
- Mount Timpanogos
- Mount Nebo
- Stewart Falls
Obviously Utah is just loaded with great outdoor areas so you probably already know plenty of your own spots to work out under the sun.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Provo
You can get all kinds of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- Mountainworks at 2494 N University Pkwy
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 1075 S University Ave
- BYU Outdoors Unlimited at 2201 N Canyon Rd
- Board of Provo at 465 N University Ave
- Provo Bicycle Collective at 397 E 200th N
- Runner’s Corner at 835 S 700th E, Orem
- Al’s Sporting Goods at 643 E University Pkwy University Mall, Orem
- Out N Back at 418 N. State St, Orem
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 1290 State St, Orem
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Utah Home Fitness at 10875 S State St in Sandy is a great place to buy home gym equipment plus you can probably find more at some of those sporting goods stores.
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
Enjoy Working Out At Provo Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are ready and waiting for you to show up. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Provo or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.