This guide to the best gyms in Tucson should cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Tucson gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local pilates and yoga studios will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
The gym is great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
You can look through more of our posts on the Southwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Tucson
Here is our list of the best gyms in Tucson for working out:
- Tucson Racquet & Fitness Club at 4001 N. Country Club Rd
- Chuze Fitness at 5548 E Grant Rd
- Prestige Fitness at 4490 N 1st Ave
- Tucson JCC at 3800 E River Rd
- Let’s Sweat at 439 N 6th Ave #10
- Lohse Family Branch YMCA at 60 W Alameda St
- Northwest YMCA Pima County at 7770 N Shannon Rd
- LA Fitness at 4240 N 1st Ave
- Planet Fitness at 1125 E Tucson Marketplace Blvd
- Rocks and Ropes at 330 S Toole Ave #400
- Planet Fitness at 10525 N Oracle Rd, Oro Valley
- Anytime Fitness at 11911 N 1st Ave #101, Oro Valley
- Anytime Fitness at 12040 N Thornydale Rd #106, Marana
There are plenty of options for 24 hour gym access near you like the Racquet & Fitness Club, Chuze Fitness, Prestige Fitness, and all Planet Fitness or Anytime Fitness locations. Those who want both a pool and basketball court can find them at the Racquet & Fitness Club, the JCC, or any of the YMCA’s.
To try your hand at group zumba or cardio dance classes head to the Racquet & Fitness Club, Chuze Fitness, Lohse Family YMCA, or the Northwest YMCA Pima County. Anyone that needs childcare while they workout can get it at the Racquet & Fitness Club, Chuze Fitness, the JCC, or the YMCA’s.
Rocks and Ropes would get the nod for best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Revolve located at 4330 N Campbell Ave is the best local indoor cycling studio in town. There are more group spinning classes available at The Racquet & Fitness Club, Chuze Fitness, Let’s Sweat, Lohse Family YMCA, and the Northwest YMCA Pima County.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- Boxing Inc East at 7543 E Broadway Blvd
- Boxing Inc University at 2524 N Campbell Ave
- Apex Mixed Martial Arts at 4343 N Oracle Rd #195
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at 4765 E Speedway Blvd
- Descending Dragon Health Center at 3461 E Speedway Blvd
- Undisputed at 1240 N Stone Ave
Both of the YMCA’s also offer cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Tucson
We bet many of you would enjoy these Tucson yoga or pilates studios:
- Yoga Oasis at 2631 North Campbell Ave
- Session Yoga at 123 South Eastbourne Ave
- 4th Avenue Yoga at 413 East 5th St
- Sumits Yoga at 4951 E Grant Rd #111
- Body Works Pilates at 1980 E River Rd #250
- In Balance Pilates at 1702 E Prince Rd #120
You can also try out the local group yoga and pilates classes at the Racquet & Fitness Club, Chuze Fitness, Lohse Family YMCA, and Northwest YMCA Pima County. Additionally the JCC, Let’s Sweat, plus Rocks and Ropes have yoga classes.
With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
One of these workout bootcamps could be just what it takes to get you off the couch:
Chuze Fitness, Lohse Family YMCA, and the Northwest YMCA Pima County from our initial best Tucson gyms list also have boot camps.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
The JCC is another place to go for group barre workout classes in your area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms near you at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Tucson’s Mountain Trails
- Tucson Mountain Park
- Catalina State Park
- Kartchner Caverns State Park
- Santa Cruz River Park
- Saguaro National Park
- Colossal Cave Mountain Park
- Mount Lemmon
- Sentinel Peak Park
- Sabino Canyon
- Coronado National Forest
- Big Loop at Chiricahua National Monument
- Kitt Peak National Observatory
- Madera Canyon
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Tucson
These Tucson sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Second Amendment Sports at 5146 E Pima St
- The Running Shop at 3055 N Campbell Ave #153
- Summit Hut at 5251 E Speedway Blvd
- Miller’s Surplus at 406 N 6th Ave
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 3945 W Costco Dr
- Rei at 160 W Wetmore Rd
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 5695 E Speedway Blvd
- Play It Again Sports at 4750 E Speedway Blvd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 6327 E Broadway Blvd
- Summit Hut Oro Valley at 7745 N Oracle Rd, Oro Valley
- Fleet Feet at 7607 N Oracle Rd, Oro Valley
- Skechers Factory Outlet at 6401 W Marana Center Blvd #640, Marana
Play it Again Sports is a good place to sell or buy new and used sporting goods in Tucson.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
For a wide variety of home gym equipment head to Tommy G Fitness at 1415 W El Rio Dr. Many of the above listed sporting goods stores will also have some options.
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out AtTucson Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Tucson or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.