In this guide to the best gyms in Salt Lake City we will cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
We can’t think of a more practical way to begin then by listing the best Salt Lake City gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Pilates and yoga studios will come next and we know many of you are curious about them. As the post progresses more topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
Your local gym can be great but so is getting a little sun so the top outdoor recreations areas around this area of Utah will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
You can look through more of our posts on towns around the Southwest at that link.
Best Gyms In Salt Lake City
When you want to get a great workout head to one of these best gyms in Salt Lake City:
- Vasa Fitness at 1172 E Brickyard Rd
- Xcel Fitness at 6151 Highland Dr
- SLC CrossFit at 619 S 600 W
- Planet Fitness at 175 E 400th S
- The Front Climbing Club at 1470 S 400th W
- Vasa Fitness at 3491 W 3500 S, West Valley City
- West Valley Family Fitness Center at 5415 W 3100 S, West Valley City
- Vasa Fitness at 7990 S 1300th E, Sandy
- Alta Canyon Sports Center at 9565 Highland Dr, Sandy
- Dimple Dell Fitness & Recreation Center at 10670 S 1000th E, Sandy
- Life Time Fitness at 10996 S River Front Pkwy, South Jordan
For 24 hour gym access you can head to Planet Fitness. If you want to swim laps in a pool or use a basketball court try either Vasa Fitness location, West Valley Family Fitness Center, Alta Canyon Sports Center, Dimple Dell Fitness & Recreation Center, or Life Time Fitness.
Both Vasa Fitness locations will have some kind of group zumba or aerobic dance classes. Xcel Fitness and Lifetime Fitness should both be able to provide childcare while you workout.
And The Front is the best indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
These local indoor cycling and spinning studios are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
- Rideologie at 1155 Wilmington Ave #200
- Torrent Cycle at 252 Broadway
- Mcycle Studios at 355 W 400 S
- Rebel House at 320 W 200 S
Some of the spots from our best SLC gyms list also have group spinning classes like both Vasa Fitness locations, Xcel Fitness, SLC CrossFit, Dimple Dell Fitness & Rec Center, and Life Time Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Ultimate Combat Training Center at 555 E 2100th S
- Title Boxing Club at 729 E 2100 St
- Fusion Academy at 615 E Simpson Ave S
- Legends Boxing at 602 500 E #106
- Combat Arts Strength & Conditioning at 370 S 300th E
- Fight City SLC at 4671 Cherry St, Murray
Xcel and both Vasa Fitness locations also have group boxing classes in your area if all you care about is the cardio.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Salt Lake City
We bet many of you would enjoy these Salt Lake City yoga or pilates studios:
- Centered City Yoga at 920 E 900 S
- Salt Lake Power Yoga at 250 E 300 S 2nd Fl
- CorePower Yoga SLC at 3142 South Highland Dr #A6
- Bikram Yoga Salt Lake City at 1924 S 1100 E
- Avenues Yoga at 967 E 2100 S
- Peak 45 at 250 E Broadway #250
- Total Body Pilates at 2065 S 2300th
You can also try out the local group yoga and pilates classes at Xcel Fitness, both Vasa Fitness locations, and Life Time Fitness. With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
Pure Workout Utah is a Personal Training Boot Camp located at 5946 South 300 W in Murray and this bootcamp will really get you in shape quick if you fully buy in.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
Those studios should work out great and you can also try the group barre exercise classes at both Vasa Fitness locations or Xcel Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best Salt Lake City gyms at one of these outdoor recreation areas around Utah:
- Alta Ski Area
- Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- Bingham Canyon Copper Mine
- Fifth Water Hot Springs
- Liberty Park
- Antelope Island State Park
- Red Butte Garden & Arboretum
- Green River
- Colorado River
- Sugar House Park
- Cottonwood Canyons
- Great Salt Lake
- Wasatch National Forest
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Salt Lake City
These SLC sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Level Nine Sports at 625 S 600th W
- Canyon Sports at 517 S 200 W
- Level Nine Sports at 2927 E 3300th S
- Sports Den at 1350 S Foothill Dr
- Salt Lake Running Company at 2454 700 E
- Salty Peaks Snowboard Shop at 3055 E 3300 S
- Recreation Outlet at 3160 S State St
- Rei at 3285 E 3300th S
- Patagonia Outlet at 2292 Highland Dr
- Backcountry Retail Store at 2607 3200 W, West Valley City
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 2660 W 3500 S, West Valley City
- Scheels at 11282 S State St, Sandy
- Nike Factory Store at 3736 W Center Park Dr #120, West Jordan
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 10462 S River Heights Dr, South Jordan
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores in your area will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Salt Lake City Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to keep these lists up to date.
It would really help both us and our readers if you could let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Salt Lake City or working out in whichever way you prefer.