In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in Riverside as well as everything we know about working out near you. We will be covering the whole Inland Empire so expect San Bernardino, Ontario, and some smaller towns to be mentioned often.
To get things going we will dive right in to the best gyms in Riverside and around the metro. Once they are out of the way we will mention the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the Inland Empire region.
We certainly won’t want to leave out the best pilates and yoga studios in your area either. As the post goes on we will cover other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
We all may love going to the gym but it isn’t the only place to work out and we have lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas where you can get all kinds of great cardio. To end things the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment will be listed.
You may also be interested in reading our other posts on cities around the Southwest that you can find there.
Best Gyms In Riverside
When it is time to work out the best gyms in Riverside are:
- Canyon Crest Athletic Club at 5225 Canyon Crest Dr
- Tournament House at 6250 Brockton Ave
- T3 Fitness Energy at 6720 Brockton Ave
- LA Fitness at 3437 Arlington Ave
- Fitness 19 at 3480 La Sierra Ave
- Hangar 18 Indoor Climbing Gym at 2111 Iowa Ave #A
- LA Fitness at 555 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino
- Planet Fitnessat 2041 E Highland Ave, San Bernardino
- Chuze Fitness at 1585 E Highland Ave, San Bernardino
- Planet Fitness at 2446 S Vineyard Ave, Ontario
- 24 Hour Fitness at 2580 S Archibald Ave, Ontario
Chuze Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness are both open 24/7. Canyon Crest Athletic Club and T3 have both a pool and basketball court, while you can also find a pool at Chuze Fitness.
If you are interested in group zumba or cardio dance classes you can try them out at Canyon Crest Athletic Club, Fitness 19, Chuze Fitness, and 24 Hour Fitness. Hangar 18 is the best indoor rock climbing gym near you.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
These indoor cycling and spinning classes in your area can be a great way to enjoy your cardio:
- Pedal Spin Studio at 12455 Victoria Gardens Ln #140, Rancho Cucamonga
- CycleFit at 8333 Rochester Ave, Rancho Cucamonga
Fitness 19, Chuze Fitness, and 24 Hour Fitness also offer group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you are hoping to improve your technique you should visit boxing and MMA gyms like:
- USKO Training at 6794 Brockton Ave
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at 3700 Van Buren Blvd #110
- Adrenaline Martial Arts & Fitness at 780 Inland Center Dr, San Bernardino
- 9Round at 330 W Foothill Pkwy, Corona
- Carlos Alberto’s MMA & Fitness Center at 244 E Foothill Blvd, Rialto
More cardio boxing classes are available at some of the best gyms in San Bernardino and Riverside like Canyon Crest Athletic Club and Fitness 19.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Riverside
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in the Riverside area like:
- Source Studio at 4618 Pine St
- Tula Yoga at 3545 Main St
- T3 Fitness at 6720 Brockton Ave
- Articulations at 6180 Brockton Ave #104
Canyon Crest Athletic Club, T3 Fitness Energy, Fitness 19, and 24 Hour Fitness are more places that have group yoga and pilates classes in your area. With all of the different types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more we really don’t know what you are after. For that reason you should look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for you.
One of these workout bootcamps may give you that extra little push to take this more seriously:
Other options for workout bootcamps can be found at Canyon Crest Athletic Club, T3 Fitness Energy, Fitness 19, and Chuze Fitness.
We are not aware of any specific barre gyms in San Bernardino or Riverside but you can try the group barre classes at Canyon Crest Athletic Club, T3 Fitness Energy, or 24 Hour Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Now you have read about the best gyms in the Inland Empire, but you can also work out under the sun at these outdoor recreation areas that are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Castle Park
- California Citrus State Historic Park
- Mount Rubidoux
- Fairmount Park
- Box Springs Mountain Preserve
- Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
- Whitewater Preserve
- Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Riverside
When you want any new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- Riverside Cyclery USA at 3396 Tyler St #A
- Sports Treasures at 1299 Galleria at Tyler 2170
- Riverside Batting Cages & Pro Shop at 6865 Murray St
- WSS at 5981 Van Buren Blvd
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 6491 Magnolia Ave
- Turners Outdoorsman at 491 W Orange Show Rd, San Bernardino
- WSS at 285 E 9th St, San Bernardino
- New Balance Factory Store at 995 Barrington Ave, Ontario
- Asics Outlet at 1 Mills Cir #304A, Ontario
- The Dugout by ProTech at 740 S Rochester Ave #F, Ontario
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Mike’s Fitness Equipment Superstore at 115 W La Cadena Dr is a good place to buy home gym equipment, but the above sporting goods stores may also have some. You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Riverside Gyms
You hopefully just learned something about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would be quite helpful if you could share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Riverside or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.