Hello and welcome to this post on the best gyms in Los Angeles. Our one and only goal is that you will know more about the local fitness scene after reading this.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Los Angeles gyms since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they have been listed and discussed in full we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in the city. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
When the weather is nice you may want to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect for that. And we will finish things off with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before you get out of here there will be a local fitness map so you can figure out where the heck all of these places are. You can look through more of our posts on working out around the Southwest if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Los Angeles
Here is our list of the best gyms in Los Angeles for working out:
- LA Athletic Club at 431 W 7th St
- Equinox Sports Club at 1835 S Sepulveda Blvd
- Gold’s Gym at 735 S Figueroa St #4000
- DC Fitness at 626 Coronado Terr
- Stoner Recreation Center at 1835 Stoner Ave
- Sender One Climbing, Yoga, Fitness at 11220 Hindry Ave
- Hollywood Boulders at 1107 N Bronson Ave
- Hollywood Wilshire YMCA at 1553 N Schrader Blvd
- Gold’s Gym at 3211-A Glendale Galleria
- 24 Hour Fitness at 1903 Empire Ave, Burbank
- Planet Fitness at 10950 Sherman Way #160, Burbank
Gold’s Gym and 24 Hour Fitness are a couple of good 24 hour gyms near you for those who need access any time day or night. You can swim laps in a pool and use the basketball court at Equinox, Hollywood Wilshire YMCA, Stoner Recreation Center, and 24 Hour Fitness. There is a basketball court available at DC Fitness.
LA Athletic Club, both Gold’s Gym locations, Hollywood Wilshire YMCA, and 24 Hour Fitness all provide zumba or other group aerobic dance classes. Any parents who need childcare provided can get it at Equinox, Stoner Recreation Center, and the Hollywood Wilshire YMCA.
Sender One and Hollywood Boulders are a couple of really good indoor rock climbing gyms in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Bespoke Cycling at 735 S Figueroa St
- Rev Cycle at 1457 N Colorado Blvd #101
- CycleBar at 4130 Sepulveda Blvd #C, Culver City
An indoor cycling studio is always a great place to get your cardio. Plus many of the best Los Angeles gyms also have group spinning classes like LA Athletic Club, Equinox, both Gold’s Gym locations, Hollywood Wilshire YMCA, Gold’s Gym, and 24 Hour Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
There are some boxing and MMA gyms in your area that might be where you start your quest for the belt:
- Prevail Boxing at 5957 W 3rd St
- Wild Card Boxing Club at 1123 Vine St #14
- LA Ko Boxing Club at 4419 Eagle Rock Blvd
- FitBox at 14539 Ventura Blvd
- Trinity Boxing Club at 7817 Melrose Ave
- The Yard Muay Thai at 241 W Avenue 26
You might not be chasing the belt and only care about the cardio. If so the boxing fitness classes at LA Athletic Club, Hollywood Wilshire YMCA, and 24 Hour Fitness will probably satisfy your needs.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Los Angeles
For the best Los Angeles yoga and pilates studios head to:
- YogaWorks at 230 N Larchmont Blvd
- Modo Yoga LA at 340 S La Brea Ave
- Hot 8 Yoga at 3150 Wilshire Blvd #200
- Core Power Yoga at 11819 Wilshire Blvd #214-217
- Y7 at 4300 Sunset Blvd
- Set & Flow at 1619 N La Brea Ave
- Red Diamond Yoga at 3500 Overland Ave #210
- Carrie’s Pilates Plus at 7960 W 3rd St
- Whole Body Method at 5700 W Pico Blvd
- Dr Pilates at 418 N Larchmont Blvd
You can also try the local yoga and pilates classes at LA Athletic Club, Equinox, Hollywood Wilshire YMCA, and both Gold’s Gym locations. There are additional group yoga lessons at Sender One Climbing as well.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
Boot Camp LA at 5801 Wilshire Blvd is where we recommend you go if you want someone to help you get the motivation we all sometimes need to really take this seriously. Some of the best gyms near you also have workout bootcamps for their members like LA Athletic Club, Hollywood Wilshire YMCA, and 24 Hour Fitness.
These local barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
- Barreworks at 11740 San Vicente Blvd #210
- Pure Barre at 11819 Wilshire Blvd #213
- The Bar Method at 8416 W 3rd St
Those studios are good spots to enjoy barre fitness classes in your area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Marvin Braude Trail
- Lover’s Cove
- Griffith Park
- Mount Baldy
- Stoney Point Park
- The Strand
- Venice Beach
- Manhattan Beach
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Los Angeles
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these LA sporting goods stores:
- Big 5 Sporting Goods at 6601 Wilshire Blvd
- Westwood Sporting Goods at 1065 Gayley Ave
- The 4th Quarter Sports Shop at 5689 York Blvd #A
- Play it Again Sports at 5832 Sepulveda Blvd, Sherman Oaks
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 200 W Broadway, Glendale
- The Supply Sergeant at 503 N Victory Blvd, Burbank
- Fleet Feet at 1516 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank
When you want to buy or sell new and used sporting goods head to Play it Again Sports.
Home Gym Equipment In Your Area
You can probably find some at those stores we just told you about, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Los Angeles Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. It would be great if you could do us a favor and tell us if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Los Angeles or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.