Welcome to our site and thanks for checking out our post on the best gyms in Boise. Within a few short minutes we hope you have a better understanding of everything you need to know about fitness and working out near you.
The best gyms in Boise will be the topic of our first section, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
After that we will dive into the best local pilates and yoga studios. Other subjects like workout bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as this page moves along.
Outdoor recreation areas can be a good way to get some sun and exercise at the same time so we will cover where to go for that. And following all of that we will talk about Boise sporting goods stores and home gym equipment.
You can check out some of our other Pacific Northwest fitness guides right here.
Best Gyms In Boise
Here is our list of the best gyms in Boise for working out:
- Axiom Fitness at 7316 W Fairview Ave
- West Boise YMCA & Aquatic Center at 5959 N Discovery Way
- Downtown YMCA at 1050 W State St
- Jack City Fitness at 21 North Allumbaugh St
- Idaho Fitness Factory at 3344 State St
- Crunch Fitness at 1435 S Maple Grove Rd
- Planet Fitness at 5010 West Overland Rd
- The Mecca Gym at 750 S Progress Ave #125, Meridian
- Homecourt Family YMCA at 936 W Taylor Ave, Meridian
- Crunch Fitness at 1450 E Fairview Ave, Meridian
- Idaho Fitness Factory at 2270 W Everest Ln, Meridian
If you need a 24 hour Boise gym to go Jack City Fitness, Idaho Fitness Factory, or Planet Fitness. Fitness Factory has 7 locations around the Treasure Valley area.
The YMCA’s will have childcare, and they also have popular zumba classes.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best local spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio can be found at:
Idaho Fitness Factory, Axiom Fitness, and the YMCA’s also have group spinning classes in your area.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Boise are:
- Ilovekickboxing at 7940 W Rifleman St #100
- Combat Fitness at 528 S Americana Blvd #160
- The Base Jiu Jitsu at 201 N Maple Grove Rd #130
- Reign Jiu Jitsu at 8646 W Overland Rd
- Idaho Krav Maga at 880 S Vista Ave
- The PIT Idaho at 110 W 53rd St, Garden City
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Boise
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Sage Yoga & Wellness at 242 North 8th St #200
- Yoga Tree at 1674 West Hill Rd #18
- Shine Yoga Collective at 123 South Broadway Ave
- Yogasix at 2122 Broadway Ave
- Body Calm Studio at 1565 E Leighfield Dr, Meridian
- Hollywood Market Yoga at 1319 N 8th St
- Pilates Boise at Overland & Maple Grove
- Thrive Pilates at 2302 N Bogus Basin Rd #B
Idaho Fitness Factory and Axiom Fitness from the main best Boise gyms both offer popular yoga classes. You can find local pilates and yoga classes at the YMCA’s.
Camp Rhino at 5244 W Overland Rd is dedicated to bootcamps. Idaho Fitness Factory and the YMCA’s have them, and Jack City Fitness has classes that are pretty much bootcamps in your area.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
Idaho Fitness Factory also has multiple variations of barre classes and you can also find them at the YMCA’s.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Boise are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Boise River Greenbelt
- Boise’s Black Cliffs
- Payette River
- Goose Creek Falls
- Jug Mountain Ranch
- Upper North Fork of the Payette River
- Ponderosa State Park
- Burgdorf Hot Springs
- Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area
- Julia Davis Park
- Ann Morrison Park
- Morrison Knudsen Nature Center
- Camel’s Back Park Trail
- Oregon Trails Reserve Walking Trails
- Idaho Botanical Garden
- Discovery Park
- Sandy Point Beach
- Hulls Gulch Reserve
- Kathryn Albertson Park
We probably don’t need to tell anyone who lives here how great the nature is and you can find plenty of good places to work out under the sun or on the slopes.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Boise
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Boise are:
- Idaho Mountain Touring at 1310 W Main St
- Shu’s Idaho Running Company at 1758 W State St
- Mcu Sports at 822 W Jefferson St
- Boise Gear Collective at 671 S Capitol Blvd
- Greenwood’s Ski Haus at 2400 N Bogus Basin Rd
- Score Outdoors at 10422 W Fairview Ave
- Bandanna Running and Walking at 504 W Main St
- Rei at 8300 W Emerald St
- Cabela’s at 8109 W Franklin Rd
- Sierra at 530 E Sonata Ln, Meridian
- Fleet Feet at 3573 E Longwing Ln, Meridian
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 3797 E Fairview Ave, Meridian
- Meridian Cycles at 1203 N Main St, Meridian
- Rolling H Cycles at 1314 1st St S, Nampa
- Larry’s Sporting Goods at 704 2nd St S, Nampa
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 16905 N Marketplace Blvd, Nampa
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely sell some home gym equipment in your area, but you can also find more at:
By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms & Fitness in Salt Lake City
- Gyms & Fitness in Reno
- Gyms & Fitness in Portland
- Gyms & Fitness in Seattle
Enjoy Working Out At Boise Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page to keep it as current as we can.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to share please use the comments to fill us in. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Boise or working out in whichever way you prefer.