Hello and welcome to our post on the best gyms in Pittsburgh where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Pittsburgh gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area will get their own sections.
Pilates and yoga studios in your area will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The local gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
The Northeast is an area we have written about numerous times.
Best Gyms In Pittsburgh
You should be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Pittsburgh:
- X Shadyside at 5608 Walnut St
- Müv Integrated Physical Culture at 5469 Penn Ave
- LA Fitness at 6425 Penn Ave
- The JCC at 5738 Forbes Ave
- Orangetheory Fitness at 5841 Penn Ave
- Fitness Factory at 212 S Highland Ave
- Ascend Pittsburgh at 2141 Mary St
- FA Climbing Station Square at 125 W Station Square Dr
- Rivers Club at 301 Grant St #411 One Oxford Centre
- Anytime Fitness at 251 Mt. Nebo Pointe Dr
- Planet Fitness at 5821 Library Rd, Bethel Park
- Spencer Family YMCA at 305 Church Rd, Bethel Park
- LA Fitness at 4100 William Penn Hwy Ste 43, Monroeville
Anytime Fitness and Fitness Factory are two 24 hour gyms near you. To go swimming in a pool or if you want a basketball court then head to the JCC or the Spencer Family YMCA.
Zumba or group aerobic dance classes can be found at the JCC, Orangetheory Fitness, or the Spencer Family YMCA. Ascend and the newly opened FA Station Square would be the best indoor rock climbing gyms in your area and they both also have nice fitness centers.
There are a wide variety of group fitness classes at Muv which are a bit outside the box but can work great. If you know of any quality gyms that provide childcare while you workout please tell us in the comments so we can add that info to the post.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near in your area and some of the best are:
- Cyclebar at 6294 Northway Mall Dr
- California Cycle Path Indoor Cycling Studio at 3635 California Ave
- Club Cycle at 11 Stanwix St
Those group indoor cycling studios are great plus you can find more spinning classes at the JCC, Orangetheory Fitness, Rivers Club, and the Spencer Family YMCA.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For serious training try out these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Pittsburgh Punch Fitness Boxing Club at 600 Iron City Dr
- Stout Pgh Team Renzo Gracie at 2626 Railroad St
- Level Red Boxing at 5933 Baum Blvd
- iLoveKickboxing at 5001 Curry Rd
- Ryer Martial Arts Academy at 5440 Centre Ave
If you aren’t trying to win a belt and just want a workout the cardio boxing at X Shadyside and the JCC will suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Pittsburgh
There are also many good Pittsburgh yoga and pilates studios:
- Yoga Factory Studio at 3418 Penn Ave
- Amazing Yoga at 730 Copeland St
- Yoga Hive at 5491 Penn Ave
- South Hills Power Yoga at 3045 W Liberty Ave
- Yoga Flow at 5433 Walnut St
- Sthiel Pilates & Movement Center at 316 S St Clair St
The JCC has both yoga and pilates classes in your area. Ascend, FA Station Square, Rivers Club, and the Spencer Family YMCA offer yoga classes while pilates lessons can be found at Lloyd Athletic Club.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to local workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Panthro Fitness at 3117 Penn Ave
- Shape Training at 5916 Penn Ave
- Pittsburgh Fitness Project at 5500 Butler St
- Burn Boot Camp at 3001 Cool Springs Dr
- Pittsburgh Fitness C.U.L.T. at 1 Overlook Dr
Ascend also has workout bootcamps.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
- Pure Barre at 5986 Centre Ave
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Going to the gym is great, but you can also try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Eliza Furnace Trail
- Carrie Furnaces
- Frick Park
- Schenley Park
- Great Allegheny Passage
- Mellon Park
- Allegheny River
- North Shore River Trail
- Moraine State Park
- Lake Arthur
- Panther Hollow
- Cucumber Falls
- Point State Park
- Rachel Carson Trail
- McConnells Mill State Park
- Stonycreek River
- Seldom Seen Greenway
- Southside Riverfront Park
- Pittsburgh Botanic Garden
- Settler’s Cabin State Park
- Raccoon Creek State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Pittsburgh
These Pittsburgh sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- Yinzers in the Burgh at 2127 Penn Ave
- Shop 412 at 420 S 27th St
- Venture Outdoors at 33 Terminal Way #537
- 3 Rivers Outdoor Co. at 1130 S Braddock Ave
- Rei at 412 S 27th St
- Patagonia at 5509 Walnut St
- Joe’s Bike Shop at 2858 South Park Rd, Bethel Park
- Pro Bike+Run at 4030 William Penn Hwy, Monroeville
- Dunham’s Sports at 3700 William Penn Hwy, Monroeville
Home Gym Equipment Near You
G&G Fitness Equipment at 7725 McKnight Rd is a good place to search for more options. Remember the above sporting goods stores will probably also sell some home gym equipment in your area.
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Barre & Yoga Studios in Philadelphia
- Barre & Yoga Studios in Cleveland
- Barre & Yoga Studios in Columbus
- Barre & Yoga Studios in Washington DC
Enjoy Working Out At Pittsburgh Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are ready and waiting. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Pittsburgh or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.