Over the next few minutes we will be going on a deep dive into the best gyms in Morgantown and everything you need to know about working out in your area. It won’t take us long to break down just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Morgantown. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is a fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the region there if you want.
Best Gyms In Morgantown
Here is our list of the best gyms in Morgantown for working out:
- Opex Morgantown at 300 Wedgewood Dr #170
- Viking Performance Training at 141 Green Bag Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 475 Oakland St
- Maximum Movement Fitness & Wellness Studio at 709 Beechurst Ave
- CrossFit Ridgeline at 3119 University Ave
- Flex Fitness at 3013 Northpointe Plaza
- CrossFit Morgantown at 1065 Green Bag Rd #A
- Pro Performance Rx at 460 Mylan Park Ln
- PowerTen Training Co. 955 Canyon Rd
- W Va Gymnastics Training Center at 226 Vista del Rio Dr
- Champion Training Academy at 930 Parkway Dr
- Any Body Fitness at 5000 Green Bag Road
Gritstone Climbing + Fitness at 1901 Eljadid St #101
Viking Performance Training has a basketball court, volleyball court, and swimming pool while Pro Performance Rx has a soccer field available. Yoga, zumba and other cardio dances are available at Champion Training Academy, Cycle Fusion, Pro Performance Rx, and Gritstone Climbing + Fitness.
Champion also has a variety of group fitness classes like zumba, total body workout, yoga, kick boxing, and spin classes specializing in gymnastics, cheerleading, ballet, and Hip Hop. CTA’s private gym offers group and personal training sessions.
Champion, Viking Performance Training, and Pro Performance Rx offer martial arts and boxing program. You can also have bootcamps at Cycle Fusion and Champion.
Anyone that needs a local 24-hour gym can head to Any Body Fitness and Anytime Fitness. Gritstone Climbing + Fitness is an indoor rock-climbing gym that has a climbing wall, and if you guys know of any gyms with childcare in your area please tell us in the comments so we can add that info to our post, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
There are many great spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near here and some of the best are:
- Zenergy Cycling at 417 Suncrest Towne Centre Drive
- Positive Spin at 1216 University Ave
- Cycle Fusion at 170 Lakeview Dr
The Zenergy workout is specifically designed to strengthen the body, heart, and mind while burning as many calories as possible. Cycle Fusion is a studio-style fitness center that offers cycling, yoga, areal yoga, bootcamps, and personal training.
You can find more local spinning and indoor cycling classes at Champion Training Academy, Anytime Fitness, and Pro Performance Rx.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area are:
- Redman’s Pound 4 Pound at 354 High St #224
- Ground Zero Fighting Systems at 5000 Green Bag Rd #E3 & E5
- Mountaineer Boxing Academy at 1 Brookstone Plaza
- Fight Society Muay Thai Gym at 297 Don Knotts Blvd
Champion Training Academy, Viking Performance Training, and Pro Performance Rx offer mixed martial arts and boxing classes too.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Morgantown
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios here like:
- Lakeview Fitness Center at 1 Lakeview Dr
- Kindred Spirits Yoga + Wellness at 747 Chestnut Ridge Rd
- Inner Life Yoga Studio LLC at 1137 Van Voorhis Rd #45
- The Pilates Studio of Morgantown at 151 Blue Sage Court
- Empower Yoga & Fitness at 1052 Maple Dr
- Pilates For Every Body at 157 Johns St
- Fox Den Yoga & Fitness at 3119 University Ave
Some of the spots from our initial best gyms near you list also have yoga and pilates classes like Champion Training Academy, Cycle Fusion, Pro Performance Rx, and Gritstone Climbing + Fitness. If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you.
As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
Visit Orangetheory Fitness at 360 Suncrest Towne Centre Drive for a heart-rate based HIIT total-body group workout that provides bootcamps, zumba classes, and more. From our main list you can find bootcamps at Champion Training Academy and Cycle Fusion.
Artistry House at 135 Green Bag Road puts on good barre fitness classes and you can find more at Pro Performance Rx.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Core Arboretum
- Morgantown Park & Recreation
- Haymaker Forest
- White Park
- Mon River Trail: Van Voorhis Trailhead
- Little Indian Creek Wildlife Management Area
- Falling Run Greenspace
- Marilla Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Morgantown
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Morgantown are:
- Finish Line at 9237 Mall Rd #237
- Sportsman’s Emporium at 821 Green Bag Rd
- Bass Pro Shops at 200 Bass Pro Dr
- Pathfinder at 235 High St
- Sportsman’s Warehouse at 5200 Gateway Dr
- Hibbett Sports at 9500 Mall Rd #235
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Dunham’s Sports at 9550 Mall Road is a good place to buy home gyms and fitness equipment in your area, and some of those sporting goods stores should sell some too.
Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Morgantown Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Morgantown or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.