Welcome to our post on the best gyms in Washington DC. Over the next few minutes will also be discussing everything that we know about the local fitness scene for you today.
Most of you probably found our site for the same reason so we will begin with the best Washington DC gyms. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the district will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through our other guides to working out in this part of the country right here if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Washington DC
You can visit one of these best gyms in Washington DC to get a great workout:
- Washington Sports Club at 3100 14th St NW
- Vida Fitness at 1612 U St NW
- Bowen YMCA at 1325 W St NW
- Edlavitch DC JCC at 1529 16th St NW
- Gold’s Gym at 409 3rd St SW
- Balance Gym at 2401 M St NW
- Reformation Fitness at 1218 Ninth St NW
- Equinox at 1170 22nd St NW
- Planet Fitness at 1406 Okie St NE
- LA Fitness at 3550 S Clark St, Arlington
- Onelife Fitness at 4238 Wilson Blvd, Arlington
- Thomas Jefferson Fitness Center at 501 2nd St S, Arlington
- Xsport Fitness at 4300 King St, Alexandria
- Alexandria YMCA at 420 E Monroe Ave, Alexandria
Planet Fitness is a good 24 hour gym near you if you need to work out at odd hours. You can use the pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at Washington Sports Club, Vida Fitness, Edlavitch DC JCC, and the YMCA’s.
For zumba or group dance fitness classes go to Washington Sports Club, Vida Fitness, Bowen YMCA, Edlavitch DC JCC, Equinox, Onelife Fitness, Xsport Fitness, and the Alexandria YMCA. There is even an indoor rock climbing wall at the Bowen YMCA.
And any parents reading this who need childcare while they work out can find it at the YMCA’s in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you can help you lose weight quick:
- Soulcycle at 2301 M St NW
- Flywheel Sports at 1927 Florida Ave NW
- Zengo Cycle at 1508 14th St NW
- Biker Barre at 738 7th St SE
Those indoor cycling studios are really nice, and there are also group spinning classes at some of the best Washington DC gyms like Gold’s Gym, Equinox, Thomas Jefferson Fitness Center, Onelife Fitness, Xsport Fitness, and Reformation Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Urban Boxing DC at 1116 24th St NW
- Beta Martial Arts Academy at 1353 Florida Ave NW
- Boombox Boxing Club at 1221 Van St SE #140
- Rumble Boxing at 2001 M St NW #120
Winning a belt may not be your goals and if so the cardio boxing classes at Vida Fitness, Bowen YMCA, Edlavitch DC JCC, Onelife Fitness, Xsport Fitness, and the Alexandria YMCA can probably satisfy your needs.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Washington DC
You won’t be lacking for options and in our opinion the best local yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Hot Yoga Capitol Hill at 410 H St NE
- Be Here Now Yoga at 406 8th St SE
- Flow Yoga Center at 1450 P Street NW
- Epic Yoga DC at 1323 Connecticut Ave NW
- Yoga District at 1635 Connecticut Ave NW
- Down Dog Yoga at 1229 34th St NW
- Fuse Pilates at 1401 14th St NW
- Toolbox Pilates Art Studio at 1627 R Connecticut Ave NW
More yoga and pilates classes in your area can be found at Washington Sports Club, Vida Fitness, Bowen YMCA, Edlavitch DC JCC, Equinox, Onelife Fitness, Xsport Fitness, Alexandria YMCA, and Reformation Fitness.
Plus Balance Gym also provides group yoga lessons. The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer.
The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Belin Sport & Fitness at 1271 5th St NE is a good place to find workout bootcamps. Some of the best gyms near you from our main list also put them on like the Bowen YMCA, Balance Gym, Onelife Fitness, and the Alexandria YMCA.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
- The Bar Method at 750 9th St NW #103
- B Fit at 1339 14th St #3
- Barre3 DC at 1000 Wisconsin Ave NW #G-100
- Pure Barre at 2130 P St NW
You can also try the barre fitness classes at Vida Fitness, Balance Gym, Onelife Fitness, Xsport Fitness, and Reformation Fitness or even Biker Barre from the spinning studios list.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Shenandoah National Park
- Great Falls Park
- Rock Creek Park
- US Botanic Garden
- Glover-Archbold Trail
- Capital Crescent Trail
- Theodore Roosevelt Island
- Meridian Hill Park
- Anacostia Park
- Georgetown Waterfront Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Washington DC
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these DC area sporting goods stores:
- Bicyclespace at 1512 Okie St NE
- Potomac River Running at 919 F St NW
- Tennis Zone Plus at 4839 Wisconsin Ave NW
- Nike Georgetown at 3040 M St NW #003A
- Fleet Feet Sports at 1841 Columbia Rd NW
- Modell’s Sporting Goods at 1518 Benning Rd NE
- Lululemon at 1925 14th St NW
- Casual Adventure Outfitters at 3451 Washington Blvd, Arlington
- Trek Bicycle at 2731 Wilson Blvd, Arlington
- Pacers Running at 1301 King St, Alexandria
- Sports Plus at 5130 Duke St #5, Alexandria
Home Gym Equipment Near You
One of the best places to buy home gym equipment in your area is Gym Source at 7501 Leesburg Pike in Falls Church. Obviously some of those sporting goods stores we just wrote about will also have some home gym and fitness equipment available.
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Working Out in Baltimore
- Working Out in Philadelphia
- Working Out in Richmond
- Working Out in New York City
Enjoy Working Out At Washington DC Gyms
You should be ready to take on the world after learning about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you. You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Washington DC or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.