Hello and welcome to our post on the best gyms in Philadelphia. Our main objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Philadelphia gyms since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they have been listed and discussed in full we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in the city. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
When the weather is nice you may want to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect for just that. And we will end this with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through more of our posts on the Northeast at this link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Philadelphia
When you are ready for your next work out go to one of these best gyms in Philadelphia:
- The Sporting Club at 224 S Broad St
- Drexel Rec Center & Gym at 3301 Market St
- Roxborough YMCA at 7201 Ridge Ave
- Salvation Army Kroc Center at 4200 Wissahickon Ave
- City Fitness at 1148 Wharton St
- Philadelphia Rock Gym at 3500 Scotts Ln #3-B
- Tufas Boulder Lounge at 1614 N 5th St.
- RiverWinds Community Center at 1000 RiverWinds Dr, West Deptford
- Cherry Hill Health & Racquet Club at 1820 Old Cuthbert Rd, Cherry Hill
- Dragon Gym Mainline at 812 Lancaster Ave, Berwyn
- C4 Performance Training at 300 Lancaster Ave, Devon
City Fitness is a good 24 hour gym near you for anyone that likes to work out at odd hours. You can find a pool to swim laps in and a basketball court at the Kroc Center, Roxborough YMCA, and The Sporting Club.
Zumba or other group aerobic dance classes go down at The Sporting Club, Drexel Rec Center, Roxborough YMCA, City Fitness, RiverWinds Center, Cherry Hill Health Club, and the Kroc Center.
Parents who need childcare while they work out can get it at the Roxborough YMCA. Tufas Boulder Lounge and Rock Gym are the two best indoor rock climbing gyms in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these local indoor cycling and spinning studios can help you lose weight quick:
- Spin Philadelphia at 211 S 15th St
- Cadence Cycling Centers at 3740 Main St
- SoulCycle Rittenhouse Square at 113 S 16th St
- Revel Ride at 1632 South St
Many of the best Philadelphia gyms also have group spinning classes like The Sporting Club, Drexel Rec Center, Roxborough YMCA, City Fitness, RiverWinds Center, Cherry Hill Health Club, and the Kroc Center.
The above dedicated indoor cycling studios are great for anyone who is trying to lose weight quick.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms:
- CKO Kickboxing Center City at 1616 Walnut St #B2
- Fit Gym University City at 4415 Chestnut St #201
- Balance Studios at 2100 Chestnut St 2nd Fl
- Commando Krav Maga & Diamond MMA at 1714 Washington Ave
- Stay Fly Muay Thai at 515 Spring Garden St
- Renzo Gracie Philly at 2221 N American St
- Philadelphia Jiu-Jitsu at 1760 Barbara St
We aren’t all chasing a belt and for many of us the cardio boxing classes at The Sporting Club, Roxborough YMCA, Dragon Gym Mainline, and the Kroc Center will be plenty intense enough.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Philadelphia
You won’t be lacking for options but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- CorePower Yoga: Rittenhouse at 1616 Walnut St
- Thrive Pilates & Yoga at 2016 Walnut St
- Hot Yoga Philadelphia at 1520 Sansom St
- Maha Yoga at 1700 Sansom St #6
- Shanti Yoga & Ayurveda at 1638 Pine St
The Sporting Club, Drexel Rec Center, Roxborough YMCA, City Fitness, and the Kroc Center provide both yoga and pilates classes for their members. Plus many of the best gyms near you have yoga lessons like Tufas Boulder Lounge, RiverWinds Center, Cherry Hill Health Club, and Dragon Gym Mainline.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
- SelfEmbodiment Fitness at 1349 South St
- Unite Fitness at 26 S 20th St
- Sgt. Nate Fitness at 204 S 12th St
- Bodyrock Bootcamp at 3858 Lancaster Ave
The Roxborough YMCA and RiverWinds Center also put on workout bootcamps.
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
Outside of the above studios you can try more barre fitness classes at Roxborough YMCA and the RiverWinds Center.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Schuylkill River Trails
- Fairmount Park
- Race Street Pier
- Evansburg State Park
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- Central Perkiomen Valley Park
- Wissahickon Valley Park
- Delaware Canal State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Philadelphia
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- Philadelphia Runner at 1601 Sansom St
- Shibe Vintage Sports at 137 S 13th St
- Lloyd Sixsmith Sporting Goods at 7554 Frankford Ave
- C & M Sporting Goods at 1305 W Chester Pike #30, Havertown
- One Punch Boxing & MMA at 4416 Frankford Ave
- Fairmount Bicycles at 2015 Fairmount Ave
- Play It Again Sports at 1004 Lancaster Ave, Berwyn
- Road Runner Sports at 155 Village Dr #150, King of Prussia
Play it Again Sports is a good option for those who are trying to buy and sell new or used sporting goods in your area.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
When you want to buy home gym equipment head to Fitness Exchange at 1004 W Ridge Pike in Conshohocken. Of course there will be more home gym and fitness equipment at some of the above sporting goods stores also.
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Getting In Shape In New York City
- Getting In Shape In Baltimore
- Getting In Shape In Washington DC
- Getting In Shape In Atlantic City
Enjoy Working Out At Philadelphia Gyms
There is nothing left to stop you now that you know about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Philadelphia or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.