In this post we will be discussing the best gyms in Syracuse plus all the things we know about working out near you. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
Diving right in to the best Syracuse gyms seems like the most natural way for us to begin. Up next we will get into the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will come after that.
It would be silly for us to forget about the best local yoga and pilates studios so we won’t do that. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will have their own sections too.
When you want some cardio the gym isn’t your only option so we will discuss the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. To wrap it all up the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be listed.
You can check out some of our other posts on Northeastern cities at that link.
Best Gyms In Syracuse
Here is our list of the best gyms in Syracuse for working out:
- Downtown YMCA at 340 Montgomery Street
- Elevate Fitness Dewitt at 5791 Widewaters Pkwy
- Metro Fitness Club at 205 S Salina St
- Urban Life Athletics at 920 Spencer St
- Powerhouse Gym at 210 W Division St
- Blood Iron Barbell at 900 Burnet Ave
- Central Rock Gym at 600 N Franklin St
- Planet Fitness at 437 NY-104 #19, Oswego
- Fulton YMCA at 715 W Broadway, Fulton
- Oneida Family Branch YMCA at 701 Seneca St, Oneida
- Northwest YMCA at 8040 River Rd, Baldwinsville
These days many people are trying to find a 24 hour gym in your area and Blood Iron Barbell is just that. If you need both a pool and basketball court then the YMCA’s are your best bet.
For group zumba or aerobic dance classes head to Elevate Fitness Dewitt, Metro Fitness Club, and the YMCA’s. Central Rock Gym is the best indoor rock climbing gym near you.
To get childcare while you workout try the YMCA’s.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We don’t know of any great indoor cycling studios in your area. However you can get your cardio by doing the group spinning classes at Elevate Fitness Dewitt, Metro Fitness Club, Urban Life Athletics and the YMCA’s.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
When you hope to improve your technique you should visit local boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Syracuse Boxing at 1314 N Salina St
- Impact Martial Arts & Fitness at 3649 Erie Blvd E #36
- Ilovekickboxing at 5781 Bridge St #37
- Tai Kai Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Mma at 911 Old Liverpool Rd, Liverpool
If all you care about is cardio then try the boxing classes at the Downtown YMCA and the Oneida Family Branch YMCA.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Syracuse
We bet many of you would enjoy these Syracuse yoga or pilates studios:
- Syracuse Yoga at 6181 Thompson Rd #803
- O Yoga Studio at 225 Wilkinson #102
- Morningside Yoga at 1134 Westcott St
- Core Pilates & Yoga at 5620 Business Ave f6, Cicero
The YMCA’s Elevate Fitness Dewitt, and Metro Fitness Club offer both yoga and pilates classes in your area while Central Rock Gymalso has yoga classes of there own. There are so many types of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after.
It is probably best if you look at the links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
One of these local workout bootcamps could be just what it takes to get you going in the right direction:
The YMCA’s, Elevate Fitness Dewitt, and Metro Fitness Club from our initial best gyms in Syracuse list also have workout bootcamps.
You could also show a lot of gains by visiting these barre exercise studios:
For more barre exercise options you can see what they have going on at the Downtown YMCA and the Northwest YMCA.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Syracuse you can try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Highland Forest
- Onondaga Creekwalk
- Green Lakes State Park
- Onondaga Lake Park
- Beaver Lake Nature Center
- Tinker Falls
- Pratt’s Falls
- Chittenango Falls State Park
- Clark Reservation State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Syracuse
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit a gym in your area and the best sporting goods stores in Syracuse are:
- Mello Velo Bicycles at 790 Canal St
- Syracuse Bicycle at 2540 Erie Blvd E
- The Ski Company at 3401 Erie Blvd E
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 10311 Destiny Usa Dr
- JC Penney at 140 NY-104 #A, Oswego
- Murdock’s Bicycles & Sports at 177 W 1st St, Oswego
- B & T Sports Trophy at 124 Cayuga St, Fulton
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Yoga, Boxing, & Home Gyms in New York City
- Yoga, Boxing, & Home Gyms in Rochester
- Yoga, Boxing, & Home Gyms in Buffalo
- Yoga, Boxing, & Home Gyms in Toronto
Enjoy Working Out At Syracuse Gyms
After hearing about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Syracuse or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.