The best gyms in Baltimore will be covered in full for you right here. Not only that but we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Baltimore gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on our site. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in your area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Check out more of our posts on the Northeast right here.
Best Gyms In Baltimore
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Baltimore:
- Merritt Club at 210 E Centre St
- Maryland Athletic Club at 655 President St
- Planet Fitness at 100 S Charles St
- FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center at 10 Light St #1
- Lifebridge Health & Fitness at 1836 Greene Tree Rd #1
- Columbia Athletic Club at 5435 Beaverkill Rd, Columbia
- Life Time Athletic at 7220 Lee Deforest Dr, Columbia
- The Dancel Y at 4331 Montgomery Rd, Ellicott City
- Roger Carter Community Center at 3000 Milltowne Dr, Ellicott City
- The Orokawa Y at 600 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson
- Towson Fitness at 909-B York Rd, Towson
- Orangetheory Fitness at 331 Baltimore Pike #2, Bel Air
- F45 Training at 2108 Emmorton Rd #8, Bel Air
- Gold’s Gym at 7900 Ritchie Hwy # C129, Glen Burnie
If you need to work out at odd hours you can get 24 hour gym access at Planet Fitness. You should be able to find both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at Merritt Club, Roger Carter Community Center, Life Time Athletic, The Dancel Y, The Orokawa Y, Orangetheory Fitness, and F45 Training.
Some of you may be interested in the zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Lifebridge Health & Fitness, Life Time Athletic, The Dancel Y, Gold’s Gym, The Orokawa Y, Orangetheory Fitness, and F45 Training.
The Roger Carter Community Center can provide childcare for any parents who need it while they workout. The Dancel Y has an indoor rock climbing gym in your area that is available to its members.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
When you are trying to lose weight in a hurry head to one of these local indoor cycling and spinning studios:
- Cub & Cycle at 7130 Ambassador Road in Windsor Mill
- Tribe Cycle at 1718 Whetstone Way
- Resistance Cycle at 1324 Point St
You can also find more group spinning classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Lifebridge Health & Fitness, Life Time Athletic, F45 Training, and Gold’s Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Seigneury Dojo at 4411 Kenwood Ave
- Mob Town Fight Club at 3201 Noble St
- Prem1er Combat Academy at 3701 Commerce Dr #109
- Umar Boxing at 1217 W North Ave
- Corner Team Boxing & Fitness Club at 1101 E 25th St
- Towson Martial Arts Academy at 8641 Loch Raven Blvd, Towson
- Ground Control Columbia at 9130 Red Branch Rd S, Columbia
- Knockout Boxing and Fitness at 223 Brierhill Dr #d, Bel Air
- Baltimore Martial Arts Academy at 6565 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville
- Crazy 88 Mixed Martial Arts at 7024 Troy Hill Dr #L, Elkridge
If you just want a cardio workout the boxing classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, The Dancel Y, Gold’s Gym, The Orokawa Y, Orangetheory Fitness, and F45 Training should suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Baltimore
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Baltimore yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Power Yoga at 3600 O & Donnell St #100
- Yoga Tree at 911 West 36th St
- CorePower Yoga at 3700 Toone St #D
- Pilates House at 1809 Thames St
- Embody Pilates & Wellness at 5002 Lawndale Ave A
- Parasoul Yoga at 9191 Baltimore National Pike #2D, Ellicott City
- Yoga Revelation at 8000 Locust Mill St #q, Ellicott City
- Updog Studios at 31 Allegheny Ave #302, Towson
- The Mine at 802 Kenilworth Dr, Towson
- Coreworks Fitness Pilates & Yoga at 9160 Rumsey Rd, Columbia
- The Yoga Center at 8950 MD-108 #109, Columbia
- Love Evolution Studio at 130 N Bond St #201, Bel Air
- Yoga Centric at 227 Gateway Dr #A, Bel Air
Both yoga and pilates classes are also available at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, and Lifebridge Health & Fitness. Additionally there are group yoga lessons in your area at Life Time Athletic, The Dancel Y, Gold’s Gym, The Orokawa Y, Orangetheory Fitness, F45 Training, and Townson Fitness.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Bemore Boot Camp at 3100 Boston St
- Believers Fitness Boot Camp at 5801 Smith Ave
- PYT Training at 3000 Chestnut Ave #10A
- Pillar2Wellness at 6770 Oak Hall Ln #112, Columbia
- Kore Bootcamps and Cycle Studio at 102 N Main St, Bel Air
Plenty of the best gyms near you like Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Orangetheory Fitness, and The Dancel Y also have workout bootcamps for their members.
These barre exercise studios in your area are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
- The Bar Method at 900 East Fort Ave
- Pure Barre at 711 W 40th St #158
- Towne Barre at 734 Dulaney Valley Rd, Towson
- Inline Barre at 223 Brierhill Dr L, Bel Air
You can tone your body at The Bar Method at 900 East Fort Avenue which is a great local barre exercise studio and you can find more of this discipline at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Life Time Athletic, Gold’s Gym, The Orokawa Y, and F45 Training if you don’t want to go to one of those studios.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Patterson Park
- Druid Hill Park
- Rawlings Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
- Cylburn Arboretum
- Sherwood Gardens
- Torrey C. Brown Trail
- Baltimore National Heritage Area
- Federal Hill Park
- Canton Waterfront Park
- Patapsco State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Baltimore
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Baltimore sporting goods stores:
- Under Armour Brand House at 700 S President St
- Baltimore Bicycle Works at 1813 Falls Rd
- H & H Outdoors at 5406 Harford Rd Hamilton Ave
- Princeton Sports at 6239 Falls Rd
- Lululemon Athletica at 820 Aliceanna St
- Holabird Sports at 9220 Pulaski Hwy
- Sports Mart at 311 N Exeter St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 6221 Columbia Crossing Cir, Columbia
- Fabletics at 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy #1850, Columbia
- Race Pace Bicycles at 3258 Bethany Ln, Ellicott City
- Play It Again Sports at 9150 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- Baltimore Sports Store at 8821 Orchard Tree Ln, Towson
- Raven Zone Sports Superstore at 8821 Orchard Tree Ln, Towson
- Yorktowne Sports at 201 Gateway Dr #D, Bel Air
- Charm City Run at 126 S Main St #2, Bel Air
- Replay Sports Consignments at 7606 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Glen Burnie
Home Gym Equipment
The Johnson Fitness & Wellness Store located at 9709 York Rd in Cockeysville is a good place to buy home gym equipment near you. Plus some of the sporting goods stores will probably also sell home gym and fitness equipment.
In the past we have also discussed:
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in Washington DC
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in Philadelphia
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in Pittsburgh
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in NYC
Enjoy Working Out At Baltimore Gyms
Well guys, for now that is pretty much all that we know. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about your next step. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Baltimore or working out in whichever way you prefer.