The best gyms in Baltimore will be covered in full for you right here. Not only that but we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Baltimore gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on our site. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. Check out more of our posts on the Northeast right here.
Best Gyms In Baltimore
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Baltimore:
- Merritt Club at 210 E Centre St
- Maryland Athletic Club at 655 President St
- Planet Fitness at 100 S Charles St
- FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center at 10 Light St #1
- Lifebridge Health & Fitness at 1836 Greene Tree Rd #1
- Columbia Athletic Club at 5435 Beaverkill Rd, Columbia
- Life Time Athletic at 7220 Lee Deforest Dr, Columbia
- The Dancel Y at 4331 Montgomery Rd, Ellicott City
- Roger Carter Community Center at 3000 Milltowne Dr, Ellicott City
- Gold’s Gym at 7900 Ritchie Hwy # C129, Glen Burnie
If you need to work out at odd hours you can get 24 hour gym access at Planet Fitness. You should be able to find both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court at Merritt Club, Roger Carter Community Center, Life Time Athletic, and The Dancel Y.
Some of you may be interested in the zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Lifebridge Health & Fitness, Life Time Athletic, The Dancel Y, and Gold’s Gym.
The Roger Carter Community Center can provide childcare for any parents who need it while they workout. The Dancel Y has an indoor rock climbing gym available to its members.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Anyone that is trying to lose weight quick should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
Those cycling studios are nice and you can also find more group spinning classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Lifebridge Health & Fitness, Life Time Athletic, and Gold’s Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Baltimore Boxing & Fitness at 506 S Broadway
- Baltimore Martial Arts Academy at 6565 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville
- Crazy 88 Mixed Martial Arts at 7024 Troy Hill Dr #L, Elkridge
If you just want a cardio workout the boxing classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, The Dancel Y, and Gold’s Gym should suffice.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Baltimore
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Baltimore yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Yogaworks at 107 East Preston St
- Power Yoga at 3600 O & Donnell St #100
- Yoga Tree at 911 West 36th St
- Asanaroots at 1707 N Charles St #201
Both yoga and pilates classes are also available at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, and Lifebridge Health & Fitness. Additionally there are group yoga lessons at Life Time Athletic, The Dancel Y, and Gold’s Gym.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
The Bemore Boot Camp at 3100 Boston St will probably get you in shape real quick. Plenty of the best gyms near you like Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, and The Dancel Y also have workout bootcamps for their members.
To tone your body visit one of these local barre exercise studios:
Once again you have many more options for barre fitness classes at Merritt Club, Maryland Athletic Club, FX Studios & Under Armour Performance Center, Life Time Athletic, and Gold’s Gym if you don’t want to go to one of those studios.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Patterson Park
- Druid Hill Park
- Rawlings Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
- Cylburn Arboretum
- Sherwood Gardens
- Torrey C. Brown Trail
- Baltimore National Heritage Area
- Federal Hill Park
- Canton Waterfront Park
- Patapsco State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Baltimore
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Baltimore sporting goods stores:
- Under Armour Brand House at 700 S President St
- Baltimore Bicycle Works at 1813 Falls Rd
- H & H Outdoors at 5406 Harford Rd Hamilton Ave
- Princeton Sports at 6239 Falls Rd
- Lululemon Athletica at 820 Aliceanna St
- Holabird Sports at 9220 Pulaski Hwy
- Modell’s Sporting Goods at Reisterstown Rd Plaza 6510
- Sports Mart at 311 N Exeter St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 6221 Columbia Crossing Cir, Columbia
- Fabletics at 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy #1850, Columbia
- Race Pace Bicycles at 3258 Bethany Ln, Ellicott City
- Replay Sports Consignments at 7606 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Glen Burnie
Home Gym Equipment
The Johnson Fitness & Wellness Store located at 9709 York Rd in Cockeysville is a good place to buy home gym equipment near you. Plus some of the sporting goods stores will probably also sell home gym and fitness equipment.
In the past we have also discussed:
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in Washington DC
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in Philadelphia
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in Pittsburgh
- The Local Gym & Fitness Scene in NYC
Enjoy Working Out At Baltimore Gyms
Well guys, for now that is pretty much all that we know. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about your next step. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Baltimore or working out in whichever way you prefer.