The best gyms in Springfield plus all the things we know about working out near you will be discussed in detail for you today. We know your time is of utmost importance so we will do our best not to ramble.
Diving right in to the best Springfield gyms seems like the right way to get this one going. Up next we will talk about the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, and our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area will get a shout out as well.
We know many of you are going to be interested in the best pilates and yoga studios near you. As we continue to move forward other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered too.
The gym is great but isn’t your only option for cardio so there will be a lengthy list of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to finish things off we will tell you about the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
The Northeast is an area that we have written about many times on our site.
Best Gyms In Springfield
Here is our list of the best gyms in Springfield for working out:
- Best Fitness at 1739 Allen St #28A
- Springfield JCC at 1160 Dickinson St #1
- Downtown YMCA at 1500 Main St #200
- LA Fitness at 1150 Hall Of Fame Ave #1
- Planet Fitness at 1387 Liberty St
- Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness at 155 Ashley Ave
- Club Fitness at 1501 Memorial Dr, Chicopee
- Planet Fitness at 1183 Memorial Dr, Chicopee
- Snap Fitness at 506 Westfield Rd, Holyoke
- Greater Holyoke YMCA at 171 Pine St, Holyoke
- Planet Fitness at 50 Holyoke St, Holyoke
If you require 24 hour gym access then the Snap Fitness in Holyoke is open all day and night. Those who need both a pool and basketball court should sign up for the YMCA, the JCC, or Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness.
There are group zumba and aerobic dance classes at Best Fitness, the Springfield JCC, the Downtown YMCA, Club Fitness, and Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness. Best Fitness, Club Fitness, and the YMCA’s can offer childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We don’t know of any dedicated indoor cycling studios in the area but you can take the group spinning classes at Best Fitness, the Springfield JCC, both YMCA’s, Club Fitness, andHealthtrax Fitness & Wellness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
You can improve your technique a lot by going to these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Fighting Arts Academy at 190 Verge St
- New England Fit & MMA at 321 Albany St
- Gabriel Gladiator Training Center at 130 Myron St
- Sento Mixed Martial Arts Academy at 1452 Memorial Ave
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at 270 Main St 2nd fl, Agawam
Best Fitness, the Downtown YMCA, and Club Fitness from our main best Springfield gyms list also have cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Springfield
We bet many of you would enjoy these Springfield yoga or pilates studios:
- Karma Yoga at 1233 Westfield St
- Transform Yoga at 470 Westfield St
- Sweat Power Yoga at 219 Shaker Rd, East Longmeadow
- Heartsong Yoga Center at 264 North Main St, East Longmeadow
Best Fitness, the JCC, and Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness have both yoga and pilates classes. For more yoga lessons you can also head to Club Fitness.
With so many varieties of poses and techniques these days like vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or more and we really don’t know what you are after. Check out those links to the above studios and choose the right one for your personal needs.
One of these workout bootcamps could be just what it takes to get you going in the right direction:
The JCC and the YMCA’s also put on workout bootcamps.
Pure Barre at 432 N Main St in East Longmeadow is a popular barre exercise studio. The Downtown YMCA also has barre workout classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When you want to get some sun and go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms in Springfield you can try these outdoor recreation areas:
- Nathan Bill Park
- Mount Tom State Reservation
- Springfield Armory National Historic Site Preserves
- Forest Park
- Emerson Wight Park
- Blunt Park
- Marshall Roy Park
- Van Horn Park
- Connecticut River Walk & Bikeway
- Chicopee State Park
- Mittineague Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Springfield
These sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Gateway Hardware at 150 Boston Rd
- Whip’s Sporting Goods at 509 Page Blvd
- Colorado Ski Shop at 1160 Westfield St
- Fast Feet at 231 Elm St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1081 Riverdale St
- Sports Zone at 50 Holyoke St, Holyoke
- Holyoke Sporting Goods at 1584 Dwight St #1, Holyoke
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Total Fitness Equipment at 1267 Riverdale St in West Springfield is a good place to buy home gym equipment and you can find more at some of those sporting goods stores.
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Fitness & Working Out in Boston
- Fitness & Working Out in Worcester
- Fitness & Working Out in Hartford
- Fitness & Working Out in Providence
Enjoy Working Out At Springfield Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. We would be grateful if you could help us out by sharing your own local fitness tips or letting us know if we got anything wrong in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Springfield or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.