Thanks for checking out this post on the best gyms in London. Our main objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
We will get the ball rolling with the best London gyms since they are likely why you found our site in the first place. Once they have been listed and discussed in full we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Following that we will get into the best yoga and pilates studios in the city. A couple of types of fitness that are trending upwards are workout bootcamps and barre exercises so they will need to be broken down also.
When the weather is nice you may want to head outdoors so we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect for that. And we will end this with the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. All of our posts on the UK can be found at that link.
Best Gyms In London
When you are ready for your next work out go to one of these best gyms in London:
- 1Rebel at 63 St Mary Axe
- Gymbox at 42–49 St Martins Ln
- KXU at 241 Pavilion Rd
- YMCA Club at 112 Great Russell St, Bloomsbury
- E by Equinox at 12 St James’s St
- Third Space at 2b More London Riverside
- PureGym at 242 Shepherds Bush Rd, Hammersmith
- The Castle Climbing Centre at Green Lanes
- Westway Climbing Centre at 1 Crowthorne Rd
Anyone that is searching for a good 24 hour gym near you can head to PureGym. For a pool to swim laps in head to E by Equinox, Third Space, or the YMCA Club.
There will be zumba or other group aerobic dance classes at YMCA Club, E by Equinox, and Third Space. Parents who need childcare while they work out can get it provided at the YMCA Club.
Castle and Westway are two of the top indoor rock climbing gyms in town.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
The classes at these indoor cycling and spinning studios in your area can help you lose weight quick:
- Psycle at 76 Mortimer St Marylebone
- Boom Cycle at 16 Procter St, Holborn
- Soulcycle Soho at 3-4 Great Marlborough St, Soho
You will definitely get a sweat in if you visit those indoor cycling studios. Plus many of the best London gyms also have group spinning classes like Gymbox, KXU, YMCA Club, E by Equinox, Third Space, and 1Rebel.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
If you have dreams of being the next world champ head to one of these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Miguels Boxing & Fitness Gym at 261 Hardess St
- BXR at 24 Paddington St
- Power of Boxing at 30 Petworth St, Battersea
- Diesel Thai Boxing, MMA, & Jiu Jitsu at 1012 Dockside Rd
- Ko Boxing Arches at 187 Bancroft Rd, Globe Town
- The Ring Boxing Club at 70 Ewer St
- North London Boxing Club at 4-6 Station Parade
- Rathbone Boxing Club at 29-35 Rathbone St, Fitzrovia
- Left Hook Boxing Club at 1 Martha St
- 12×3 Boxing at 76 Alie St
- London Fight Factory at 19 Ebenezer St, Hoxton
There are a ton of boxing gyms around town, and there are also group boxing classes at Gymbox, YMCA Club, Third Space, and 1Rebel.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In London
There are certainly many options but in our opinion the best London yoga and pilates studios would be:
- Yogarise Peckham at 133 Copeland Rd
- Battersea Yoga at 2 Kite Yard Cambridge Rd
- Bikram Yoga Canary Wharf at Beaufort Court, 4 Admirals Way
- Tempo Pilates E8 at #1 Great Eastern Buildings, Reading Ln
- Pilates Hq at 17 Islington High St
The YMCA Club, E by Equinox, and Third Space, also provide yoga and pilates classes in your area for their members. Additionally you can try out the yoga lessons at KXU and The Castle Climbing Centre.
The thing is, there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know which you will prefer. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra lift to get you through it:
- Barry’s London East at 2 Worship St
- Burn It Fitness at 188 Westcombe Hill
- OSR Bootcamps at All Saints Dr, Blackheath
These barre exercise studios are a great place to get a toned body:
You will probably enjoy those barre studios, plus there are barre fitness classes in your area at the YMCA Club and Third Space.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
When the weather is nice you can go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Hampstead Ponds
- Brockwell Park
- Battersea Park
- West Reservoir Centre
- Richmond Park
- Clissold Park
- Abney Park
- Finsbury Park
- Hackney Marshes
- London Wetland Centre
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In London
There will be all kinds of new gear and equipment at these London sporting goods stores:
- Run & Become at 4a Eccleston St
- Lillywhite’s at 24-36 Regent St
- London City Runner at 10 Ludgate Broadway
- Adidas at 425 Oxford St
- Decathlon at 9 Maritime St
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Manchester
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Birmingham
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Dublin
- Gyms & Local Fitness in Paris
Enjoy Working Out At London Gyms
You should be ready to take on the world after reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
You can really help us and all of our readers out by letting us know if there is anything wrong on this page or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in London or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.