Hey there and thanks for checking out our post on the best gyms in Glasgow where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Glasgow gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area will get their own sections.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Read more of our posts on the UK at this link.
Best Gyms In Glasgow
You should be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Glasgow:
- Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Gym at 141 Finnieston St
- Xercise4Less at 200 Sauchiehall St
- The Gym at 501 Cathcart Rd
- ARC Health & Fitness at Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Rd
- Village Gym at 7 Festival Gate
- Pure Gym at 140 Bath St
- Anytime Fitness at 205 Dumbarton Road
- Glasgow Climbing Centre at 534 Paisley Rd W
- The Climbing Academy at 124 Portman St, Kinning Park
If you are searching for a 24 hour gym near you try Pure Gym or Anytime Fitness. Head to Nuffield Health, ARC Health & Fitness, or Village Gym if you want to go swimming in a pool.
There are group zumba or aerobic dance classes going on at Xercise4Less, ARC Health & Fitness, Village Gym, and Pure Gym. The Climbing Center and Academy are two of the top indoor rock climbing gyms in the area.
We are not aware of any gyms with childcare while you work out. If you know of any please tell us in the comments so we can add that info to this post, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
Xercise4Less, ARC Health & Fitness, and Village Gym from our main list also have group spinning classes available.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- The Griphouse at 10 Possil Rd
- Gracie Barra Martial Arts & Fitness Centre at 40 Broomielaw
- Glasgow Fitness at 5 Spiersbridge Business Park
- 9round at 14 Albion St
- Boxfit at 26B Renfield St
Those who just want to get a sweat in would enjoy the cardio boxing classes at Xercise4Less, ARC Health & Fitness, Village Gym, or Pure Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Glasgow
We certainly can’t leave off the best Glasgow yoga or pilates studios:
- The Kali Collective Yoga & Barre Studio at 36 Washington St #415B
- The infinity Yoga at 11 Osborne St
- Studio 70 at 70 Victoria Rd
- Hot Yoga Glasgow at 152 Battlefield Rd
- Bikram Yoga at 1 Dowanside Ln
- Yoga Meditation Healing at 4 Lansdowne Cres
- Yoga Healing Institute at #7 22 Mansfield St Partick
You might also be interested in the group yoga and pilates at Xercise4Less, ARC Health & Fitness, Village Gym, or Pure Gym. Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer.
The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
One of these workout bootcamps could give you that edge we all sometimes need:
Pure from the initial best gyms near you list also puts on workout bootcamps.
The Kali Collective Yoga & Barre Studio and Village Gym are two of the few places to try out group barre exercise classes in the area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Going to the gym is great, but you can also try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Kelvingrove Park
- Pollok Country Park
- Rouken Glen Park
- Mugdock Country Park
- Victoria Park
- Linn Park
- Alexandra Park
- The Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- James Hamilton Heritage Park
- Glasgow Wake Park
- Kelvin Walkway
- Loch Lomond
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Glasgow
These Glasgow sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- Greaves Sports at 23 Gordon St
- Tiso Glasgow Outdoor Experience at 50 Couper St
- Gear Bikes at 19 Gibson St
- Tiso at 129 Buchanan St
- Run4it at 57 Bothwell St
- Mountain Warehouse at 7 Gordon St
- Nike Store at 20-26 Buchanan St
- Jd Sports at 60 Enoch Square
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
In case you might be interested we have also discussed:
- Working Out at Edinburgh Gyms
- Working Out at Belfast Gyms
- Working Out at Dublin Gyms
- Working Out at Newcastle upon Tyne Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Glasgow Gyms
After learning about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Glasgow or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.