Today we want to discuss the best gyms in Liverpool as well as everything we know about working out near you. Our goal is to get you in and out as quick as we can.
Our first section will be all about the best gyms in Liverpool. Once they are out of the way we will mention all the places you can go for spinning or indoor cycling classes, plus the best local boxing and MMA gyms.
The best pilates and yoga studios in your area definitely will need to get a shout out. Plus we will discuss other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises.
For those who prefer to work out under the sun instead of the gym we have a lengthy list of outdoor recreation areas for you to choose from. And to wrap everything up we will list the best stores to buy home gym equipment and sporting goods.
Some of you reading this may also be interested in our other posts on gyms in the United Kingdom that you can find there.
Best Gyms In Liverpool
When you are ready to work out the best gyms in Liverpool are:
- The Gym Liverpool One at One Park West 39 Strand St
- PureGym Liverpool Central at Lewis’s 40 Ranelagh St
- JD Gym at 14 Dale St
- University of Liverpool Sports & Fitness Centre at Bedford St N
- Nuffield Health at 1 Riverside Dr
- David Lloyd Liverpool Speke at 6 The Aerodrome
- Awesome Walls at St Albans Church Athol St
Those who are searching for 24 hour access can go to PureGym Liverpool Central. For a pool go to University of Liverpool Sports & Fitness Centre, Nuffield Health, or David Lloyd.
You can find zumba or group cardio dance classes at PureGym, JD Gym, Nuffield Health, and David Lloyd. Awesome Walls would get the nod for best indoor climbing gym near you.
Anyone who needs childcare while they work out can get it at U of L Sports and Fitness Centre, Nuffield Health, and David Lloyd.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Rise Cycle Studio at Penny Lane House, 348 Smithdown Rd would get the nod for the best indoor cycling studio in your area. You can also find more group spinning classes at PureGym, JD Gym, U of L Sports and Fitness Centre, and David Lloyd.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
You can find cardio fighting classes at many places, but if you want to get really technical you need to visit local boxing and MMA gyms like:
- Masda Gym Liverpool at 97 Boaler St
- The MMA Academy at 17 Vulcan St
- Ringside Fitness Box at 4 Atherton Rd
- Next Generation MMA at 78 Kempston St
- Aspire Combat Sports Academy at 818 Queens Dr
- 4 Corner Combat & Fitness Gym at Nelson Industrial Estate Long Ln, Walton
- Tuebrook Amature Boxing Club at 1a Marlborough Rd
- Family Martial Arts at The Boxworks 17 Heysham Rd, Bootle
Those who are just looking for cardio boxing classes will find them at PureGym, JD Gym, and Nuffield Health.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Liverpool
You can also head to one of these yoga or pilates studios near you:
- White Wolf Yoga at 14 Cook St
- Yoga Hub at 21 Old Hall St 1st Fl
- Your Yoga Studio at 63 Wood St
- Liverpool Yoga Studios at The Focus Building Great Crosshall St
- YinYan at 3 St Paul’s Square, #51
- Ava Pilates Studio at 7 Petticoat Lane Arcade, Bold St
PureGym, JD Gym, Nuffield Health and David Lloyd all have both yoga and pilates in group classes. We don’t know if you prefer vinyasa, hatha flow, hot, bikram, power, ashtanga or other popular techniques so look around the above links and find the right match for your own personal needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
PureGym and JD Gym also offer woorkot bootcamps.
We will be back soon with this info.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation In Your Area
Now you know about the best gyms in Liverpool, but if you prefer to work out under the sun these outdoor recreation areas are great for hiking, running, or riding bikes:
- Sefton Park
- The Pier Head
- The Wirral Way
- Port Sunlight Village
- Everton Brow
- St James Gardens
- Wakeboarding Park
- Otterspool Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Liverpool
When you need some new gear or equipment try one of these sporting goods stores:
- Natterjack Running at 2 N John St
- JD Sports at One, 4 Paradise Street Msu4B
- Sports Direct at 99 Ormskirk Rd
- Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports at 73 Bold St
- The North Face at 103 Paradise St
- Cotswold Outdoor Liverpool at Church St
Home Gym Equipment
Powergym Fitness at Unit 1 2 Sprint Way in Speke is a good place to buy home gym equipment and you can probably find more at the sporting goods stores in your area. You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Liverpool Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those Liverpool gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
Please share your own local fitness tips or let us know if we got anything wrong in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Liverpool or working out in whichever way you prefer.