While reading this post we hope you will learn a little something about the best gyms in Sheffield. Our only real goal is to cover the local fitness scene as well as possible.
Diving straight into the best Sheffield gyms seems like the right idea since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. After we have discussed them we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Up next will be the best yoga and pilates studios around the city. These days workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can browse through some of our other posts on the United Kingdom at this link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Sheffield
Here is our list of the best gyms in Sheffield for working out:
- Virgin Active at 300 Broadfield Rd
- PureGym at 9-15 Manton St
- The Gym Group at 204 Shalesmoor #J&K
- Hillsborough Leisure Centre at Beulah Rd
- Heeley Pool & Gym at Broadfield Rd
- Graves Health & Sports Centre at Bochum Pkwy
- Sport Sheffield at Goodwin Sports Centre, Northumberland Rd
- Zest Centre at 18 Upperthorpe
PureGym and The Gym Group are a couple of good options for those who are searching for a 24 hour gym near you. You can swim laps in the pools at Virgin Active, Hillsborough Leisure Centre, Heeley Pool & Gym, Graves Health & Sports Centre, Sport Sheffield, and the Zest Centre.
You can even find a basketball court at the Hillsborough Leisure Centre, Heeley Pool & Gym, and Sport Sheffield. Plus there are tennis courts at Graves Sports Centre or Sport.
You can find zumba or aerobic dance classes at Sport or you can also try City Limits Dancentre. Those who would like to use an indoor rock climbing wall can do so at Virgin Active or Sport.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
We don’t know of any indoor cycling studios in the area but a couple of the best gyms in Sheffield like Virgin Active and Puregym do have group spinning classes for their members.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
There are some boxing and MMA gyms that might be where you start your quest for the belt:
- Sheffield City Boxing Club at Old Junior School S View Rd
- Wicker Camp Thai Boxing Gym at Clarence Works Effingham Rd
- Sheffield Mixed Martial Arts at 110 Duchess Rd
- Paul Powers Martial Arts at 252 Deer Park Rd, Stannington
- Castle Martial Arts at 629-631 Abbeydale Rd, Nether Edge
- Pride Martial Arts at 100 Prospect Rd, Lowfield
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Sheffield
For the best Sheffield yoga and pilates studios visit:
- Unity Yoga at 190 Norfolk St
- Sheffield Yoga Centre at 270 Burgoyne Rd
- Sun Moon Yoga at 80 Wayland Rd, Sharrow
- R1SE Yoga at 201-203 Krynkl 294, Shalesmoor
- Yoga at the Reach at Ecclesall Rd
- Sheffield Yoga Nature at 38 Machon Bank Rd, Nether Edge
- InReach Pilates at 24 Wilkinson St, Broomhall
- Jeni Ferguson Pilates at 364 Sharrow Ln
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Terry’s Personal Training & Bootcamps at Gym Plus, Weston View
- Body Transformer BootCamp at 19 Valley Rd Meersbrook
BarreConcept with Sarah at Hype Dance Company located at 60 Upper Allen St is a good studio to find barre fitness classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Endcliffe Park
- Graves Park
- Weston Park
- Ecclesall Woods
- Peak District
- Eyam Hall
- The Sheffield Treasure Hunt Trail
- Langsett Reservoir
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Sheffield
You will find plenty of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- ClubRackets.com at 721 Abbeydale Rd
- DB Sports at 23 Hillsborough Rd, Hillsborough
- Twentytwo at 9 Commonside
- Pro-X Sports at 35A London Rd, Highfield
- JD Sports at Sc 42 High St
- Decathlon at 199 Eyre St
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, particularly Decathlon which has a lot of home gym and fitness equipment. By the way we have also written about:
- Gyms & Fitness In Manchester
- Gyms & Fitness In Liverpool
- Gyms & Fitness In Leeds
- Gyms & Fitness In Birmingham
Enjoy Working Out At Sheffield Gyms
We wish we had more to offer but for now that is all we’ve got. You should feel more prepared than ever after reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Sheffield or working out in whichever way you prefer.