Last updated on February 17th, 2021
The best gyms in Newcastle upon Tyne plus all the things we know about working out near you will be discussed to the best of our abilities in this guide. We know your time can’t be wasted so we will get right to it.
The simplest way to get this ball rolling is to list the best Newcastle upon Tyne gyms. Once they have been covered in full we will be moving on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes, as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and they absolutely have to get their own sections. As the post progresses other subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out.
Everyone reading this probably loves the gym but isn’t your only option for cardio so the top outdoor recreations areas in the region will be listed. And the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be where we end.
You can look through more of our posts on the UK at that link.
Best Gyms In Newcastle upon Tyne
Here is our list of the best gyms in Newcastle upon Tyne for working out:
- Bodyzone Fitness at 9-11 Carliol Square
- Xercise4less at 2 Whitley Road Leisure Park
- Pure Gym at 92-96 St. James Blvdd
- The Gym Newcastle City at Basement The Gate Newgate St
- Hadrian Leisure Centre at St Peter’s Rd Wallsend
- Jesmond Community Leisure at St George’s Terrace Jesmond
- David Lloyd at Castles Farm Rd South Gosforth
- Newcastle Climbing Centre at St Marks Church House 285 Shields Rd
- JD Gym at Northumberland Retail Park, Shiremoor
Those who need 24 hour gym access can get it at Pure Gym and The Gym. Plus The Barre Workout from the barre list also is open 24 hours day and night.
If you would like to go swimming laps in a pool try David Lloyd or JD Gym. For group zumba or aerobic dance classes head to Bodyzone Fitness, Xercise4less, Pure Gym, or The Gym.
The Climbing Centre is the best indoor climbing gym in the area. We are not aware of any gyms that offer childcare while you workout.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
We do not know of any dedicated group indoor cycling studios, however there are spinning classes at Bodyzone Fitness, Xercise4less, and Pure Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who aspire to be the next world champion can get the training they need at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Team Phoenix Martial Arts at 51A Lime St
- F.I.T. Club at 10 High Bridge
- Northern Kings Gym at Invincible Dr
- Spartans Academy of Krav Maga at Benfield Centre
More group boxing classes for great cardio can be found at Bodyzone Fitness, Xercise4less, Pure Gym, and the Newcastle Climbing Centre.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Newcastle upon Tyne
We bet many of you would enjoy these Newcastle upon Tyne yoga or pilates studios:
- Yoga X Life Therapies at Portland Rd #1, 2 & 3 Bryson Court
- Happy Yoga at 15 Carliol Square
- Hotpod Yoga at The Northumberland Club N Jesmond Ave
- Pilatease at 1st Floor 678 West Rd Denton Burn
- Yoga Newcastle at 2 Commercial Union House 39 Pilgrim St
Bodyzone Fitness, Xercise4less, Pure Gym, and The Gym from our main list also offer both yoga and pilates classes. With so many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more we really don’t know what you are after.
The links to the above studios should help you figure out which one is best for you.
Odfc Fitness at Benton Bank Byker is a quality workout bootcamp that will help you get in shape quick. Pure Gym also has bootcamps.
The Barre Workout Ltd at 56 The Close is the best barre workout studio in the area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
When you want to get some sun you can go hiking, running, or riding bikes outside of the best gyms near you at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Jesmond Dene Park
- Armstrong Park
- Saltwell Park
- Exhibition Park
- Saltwell Park
- Riverside Falconry
- Rising Sun Country Park
- Leazes Park
- Heaton Park
- Richardson Dees Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Newcastle upon Tyne
These Newcastle upon Tyne sporting goods stores are great places to buy new gear or equipment:
- Start Fitness at 33-35 Market St
- Fightstore Pro at 384b Jedburgh Court Gateshead
- Northern Runner at 52 Low Friar St
- Up & Running at 55 High St Gosforth
- Jd Sports at #11 Shopping Park
- Cotswold Outdoor at 60-62 Northumberland St
- The North Face Store at 9-15 Blackett St
- Go Outdoors at West Denton Retail Park
Home Gym Equipment
The Fitness Superstore at 4 Allison Court in the Metrocentre is a good place to buy home gym equipment near you if the above sporting goods stores don’t have what you need.
You may also want to read about:
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in Manchester
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in Liverpool
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in Glasgow
- Gyms, Yoga, & Bootcamps in London
Enjoy Working Out At Newcastle upon Tyne Gyms
You just learned about a lot of gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Newcastle upon Tyne or working out in whichever way you prefer.