Today we want to fill you in on everything we know about the best gyms in Manchester. Additionally we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We will go ahead and begin with the best Manchester gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
The best yoga and pilates studios in town will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in the region where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts that discuss the United Kingdom at that link.
Best Gyms In Manchester
Here is our list of the best gyms in Manchester for working out:
- Puregym at Urban Exchange Great Ancoats St
- The Gym at Bank Chambers, Faulkner St, Fl 2
- Nuffield Health at Wilmslow Rd, Parrswood Entertainment Centre #8
- Manchester Aquatics Centre at 2 Booth St East
- Bannatyne Health Club at Sunlight House Quay St
- Livingwell Health Club at 303 Deansgate
- V1be at 35 Dale St
- Jd Gym at Bridgewater House Whitworth St
- The Depot Climbing Centre at N1/N2 Mosley Rd, Central Park Estate
- Rock Over Climbing at Park Garage, Cheviot St
Puregym and The Gym are a couple of 24 hour gyms near you. There should be a pool for swimming laps at Nuffield Health, The Aquatics Centre, Bannatyne Health Club, and Livingwell Health Club.
You can try out the zumba or group aerobic dance classes at Puregym, The Gym, The Aquatics Centre, Bannatyne Health Club, and V1be.
The Gym can even provide childcare while you work out. And for the best indoor climbing gym in your area head to Rock Over Climbing.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Luvcycle located at 52 Newton St is a really good indoor cycling studio. You could also try out the group spinning classes at some of the best gyms in Manchester like Puregym, The Gym, The Aquatics Centre, Bannatyne Health Club, Livingwell Health Club, V1be, and Jd Gym.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who want some serious training can get it at these local boxing and MMA gyms:
- Fighting Fit at 2 Millow St
- SBG at 12 Sheffield St
- Phoenix Muay Thai Boxing at 2E, Albert Close Trading Estate Whitefield
- Mo’s Martial Arts Centre at Hazelbottom Rd
- Franks Team Sports Club at 217-223 Ashton Old Rd
- K.M.M.A. Freestyle Martial Arts at Market St, Droylsden
More group boxing or cardio fighting classes in your area can be found at The Gym, The Aquatics Centre, Bannatyne Health Club, Livingwell Health Club, V1be, and Jd Gym.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Manchester
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Manchester like:
- The Life Centre at 293A Deansgate
- Manchester Yoga Central at Trafford Wharf Rd Stretford
- Yoga Soul at 49A Newton St
- Physiolates at 3-5 St John St
Many of the gyms near you from our main list also have yoga and pilates classes like The Gym, Nuffield Health, The Aquatics Centre, Livingwell Health Club, and V1be. You can even find more group yoga lessons at Rock Over Climbing.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
These workout bootcamps should be able to provide the extra motivation that we all sometimes need:
- Barry’s at 3 Lower Byrom St
- North West Personal Training at Hill Quays 1 Jordan St
- All-Star Academy Bootcamp
Livingwell Health Club and Jd Gym also have bootcamp fitness classes for their members.
Bodybarre located at 35-37 Thomas St on the 2nd Floor is the best dedicated barre exercise studio near you. There are also group barre fitness classes available at The Gym.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Dovestone Resevoir
- Fletcher Moss Park & Botanical Gardens
- Heaton Park
- Manchester Ship Canal
- Alexandra Park
- Marsden Moor
- Macclesfield Forest
- Tegg’s Nose
- South Pennine Water Trail
- Rivington Pike
- Chorlton Water Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Manchester
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Manchester sporting goods stores:
- Jd Sports at 18 Market St
- Cotswold Outdoor at 118-124 Deansgate
- Nike Factory Store at Cheetham Hill Rd, #23
- Decathlon Manchester-Eastlands at Ashton New Rd
- Up & Running at 133 Deansgate
- Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports at 130 Deansgate
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Yoga, Pilates, & Barre Studios in Liverpool
- Yoga, Pilates, & Barre Studios in Leeds & Bradford
- Yoga, Pilates, & Barre Studios in Sheffield
- Yoga, Pilates, & Barre Studios in Birmingham
Enjoy Working Out At Manchester Gyms
All of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you are waiting for your arrival. By the way, if you see any out of date information here or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to share please tell us about them in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Manchester or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.