Last updated on April 14th, 2021
This post will cover the best gyms in Dublin for you today. Additionally we are going to try and discuss as much as we can about the local fitness scene.
We might as well begin with the best Dublin gyms since they are probably why the majority of you ended up on this page. Once they have been listed and broken down we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
The best yoga and pilates studios in the area will be up next. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting more popular by the day so they definitely deserve a shout out too.
Many prefer to head outdoors on a sunny day and we will list plenty of good outdoor recreations areas in this part of Ireland where you can do just that. And to finish everything off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will be how we end this.
But before we get out of here we will share a local fitness map so that you can get a better understanding of the lay of the land if necessary. You can look through more of our posts on many cities around Europe if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Dublin
Go to one of these best gyms in Dublin to get a great workout:
- 1Escape Health Club at Block G Smithfield Market
- Gym Plus at 42 Clarendon St
- West Wood Club at Leopardstown Race Course
- Ben Dunne Gym at Twilfit House, Jervis St
- Anytime Fitness at #9 Sancton Wood Building, St John’s Rd W Kilmainham
- Raw Gym at 2 Burton Hall Rd, Sandyford
- Flyefit at 8-10 Harrington St
- Gravity Climbing Centre at 6a Goldenbridge Industrial Estate, Inchicore
Those who are searching for a 24 hour gym near you can try out Anytime Fitness. The top three on the list have a pool for swimming laps.
For zumba or group aerobic dance classes head to 1Escape Health Club, Gym Plus, West Wood Club, and Flyefit. The best indoor rock climbing gym in the area is Gravity Climbing Centre.
If you know of any gyms that provide childcare while you work out please tell us in the comments so we can add that info to this page, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Anyone that is trying to lose weight quick should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Cycle Studio at 1a Merville Rd, Stillorgan Business Park
- Echelon at The Times Building, 13 D’Olier St
- Andy Kenny Fitness at #31 Trinity Enterprise Centre Pearse St
Those cycling studios are really good and you can try more group spinning classes at 1Escape Health Club, Gym Plus, West Wood Club, Raw Gym, or Flyefit.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Spartan Boxing Fitness at 59 Baggot St Lower Saint Peter’s
- Headon Boxing Academy at 61D Heather Rd
- Underdog Boxing at Greenside House Cuffe St Saint Peter’s
- Kyuzo Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 2a Ballyboggan Business Centre, Cabra West
- Neil Bowman Training/Boxing at 2 Brookfield Terrace Blackrock
- Fantom Gym & MMA Club at 23 Moore St North City
- SBG Ireland HQ at Goldenbridge Industrial Estate #13, Inchicore
- Satori Bjj at 8B Coolmine Central Porters Rd
- Martial Arts Incorporated at Brunswick Court #5, 7 Stable Ln
- Royal Grappling Academy BJJ at Castleknock Dr Abbotstown
If all you are interested in is the cardio the group boxing and fighting fitness classes at 1Escape Health Club, Gym Plus, West Wood Club, Raw Gym, and Flyefit should get the job done.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Dublin
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Yogahub at 5-8 Camden Court Saint Peter’s
- Dublin City Hot Yoga at 56-58 Drury St
- Elbowroom at 32 Brunswick St North Arran Quay
- Samadhi at Cow’s Ln, Temple Bar
- Hot Yoga Dublin at Burnell Green 4 Malahide Rd
- Yoga Dublin at 4a & b Rockfield Central Balally Luas Station, Dundrum
- Live & Breathe Pilates at 20 Camden Row Saint Peter’s
1Escape Health Club, Gym Plus, West Wood Club, Raw Gym, and Flyefit from our main best Dublin gyms list also have yoga and pilates classes. We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after.
The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
1Escape Health Club, Gym Plus, West Wood Club, Raw Gym, and Flyefit
- Smart Training at #13, Churchtown Business Park, Beaumont Ave
- Fitness Bootcamp at #1 Davitt Terrace Drimnagh
For more bootcamp options head to 1Escape Health Club and Gym Plus.
We don’t know of any barre exercise studios in Dublin, or any gyms that offer barre fitness classes at this time. If you do please mention them in the comments so we can check them out.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas around Ireland:
- The Hellfire
- Dollymount Strand in Clontarf
- Wicklow Mountains
- Mountain Odyssey
- Ticknock Mountain Bike Trails
- Glencullen Adventure Park
- Phoenix Park
- Kilmainham Gaol
- Grand Canal Basin.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Dublin
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these Dublin sporting goods stores:
- Great Outdoors at 53/54 SGreat George’s St
- The Outdoor Adventure Store at 34/35 Liffey St Upper, North City
- The Run Hub at #1 Rathborne Village Centre Ashtown
- Mullen Sports at 1/A Mary St / 42 Capel St
- Ed Sports Hockey & Cricket Shop at 27A Serpentine Ave
- Intersport Elverys at 19 Suffolk St
- Basecamp Outdoor Store at #1-4, The Smyth’s Building, Jervis St, North City
- Sportsdirect at 19-22 N Earl St, North City
- Jd Sports at 40 Upper Grafton St
Home Gym Equipment Near You
That previous list will have some options but you can buy more home gym equipment at:
- D8 Fitness at St Luke’s Ave, Ardee Court 3&4
- Fitness Equipment Ireland at 47B Jamestown Business Park Finglas
Just so you know we have written local fitness guides about:
Enjoy Working Out At Dublin Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you would like to tell us about your own local fitness tips please tell us in the comments to do so.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Dublin or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.