Today we will all be going on a deep dive into the best gyms in Columbia, Missouri and everything you need to know about fitness and working out around town. It won’t take us long cover the full spectrum for you.
The best gyms in Columbia will be the topic of our first section, but after that we still will have a lot to get to. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find in your area.
Up next we will get into the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Other topics on the local workout scene like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered as the post goes along.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Columbia.
Don’t leave before you see our area map towards the end that has all of these spots pinned, and you are also welcome to check out our other blogs on the region at that link if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Columbia
Here is our list of the best gyms in Columbia for working out:
- DLine Gym at 1425 Boone Industrial
- Hulett House Gym at 24 S Rangeline Rd
- Legacy Life Fitness at 3808 Watts Ct
- Missouri Athletic Center at 2900 Forum Blvd
- Anytime Fitness Penn Terrace at 3200 Penn Ter #117
- Body Refinery Gym at 120 #E Nifong Blvd #D
- Fit Central at 3410 W Bdwy Business Park Ct #107
- CrossFit MKT at 4103 W Vawter School Rd #115
- Columbia Sports Fieldhouse at 4251 Philips Farm Rd
- The Bouldering Garden at 5400 E St Charles Rd
DLine Gym, Missouri Athletic Center, and Columbia Sports Fieldhouse all have basketball and volleyball courts. Boxing and mixed martial arts classes are available at Body Refinery Gym, Fit Central, and Hulett House Gym. You can find yoga, zumba, and barre classes at Missouri Athletic Center, Fit Central, and CrossFit MKT.
Anyone that needs a 24 hour gym near you can head to Anytime Fitness Penn Terrace and Body Refinery Gym. The Bouldering Garden is a local rock climbing gym with indoor walls, and if anyone knows of any good indoor swimming pools at health clubs in your area please tell us in the comments so we can add that info, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best local spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio can be found at:
There are also indoor cycling and spinning at Anytime Fitness Penn Terrace.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Columbia are:
- Columbia Training Academy at 24 #S Rangeline Road
- Jaguar Self Defense & Fitness at 3410 Bdwy Business Park
Fit Central and Hulett House Gym also offer boxing and mixed martial arts classes in your area.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Columbia
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you to get your fitness in like:
- Adaptable Pilates & Physical Therapy at 300 Saint James St #102
- AlleyCat Yoga at 17 N 4th St
- Moon Yoga at 23 #S 4th St
- Bellelune Massage + Yoga at 920 #E Bdwy #203
You can also take group yoga classes near you at CrossFit MKT, Body Refinery Gym, and Missouri Athletic Center. As much as we would like to give more detail there are just way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what each and every one of you are after.
Take the links to the above yoga and pilates studios if you are searching for any specific style or technique.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
You can also have a bootcamp workout at Legacy Life Fitness.
Barre Exercises In Your Area
Pure Barre at 3310 Bluff Creek Drive #107 has three group class formats featuring classic barre, resistance-based training, and cardio-centric full body workouts taught by certified teachers. Barre fitness classes are also available at Fit Central and Missouri Athletic Center.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
As we mentioned before the gyms in Columbia are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- ARC Activity & Recreation Center
- MKT Trail
- Flipz USA
- Gans Creek Recreation Area
- Grindstone Trail
- Jay Dix Station
- Albert-Oakland Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Columbia
You may need to buy some things that will help you work out or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Columbia are:
- Alpine Shop at 1102 E Bdwy
- Red Weir Athletic Supplies at 2101 W Bdwy
- Play It Again Sports at 1218 Business Loop 70 W
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 227 N Stadium Blvd
- Bass Pro Shops at 3101 Bass Pro Dr
- Tryathletics at 1605 Chapel Hill Rd #A
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 2651 Trimble Rd
Play It Again Sports is a good place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods in your area.
Home Gym Equipment
Johnson Fitness & Wellness Store at 2703 #E Broadway sells a wide variety of home gyms and fitness equipment, plus you can find more stuff to help you work out at home at those local sporting goods stores we just listed.
By the way we have also written about:
- St Louis Health Clubs & Yoga Centers
- Kansas City Health Clubs & Yoga Centers
- Chicago Health Clubs & Yoga Centers
- Nashville Health Clubs & Yoga Centers
Enjoy Working Out At Columbia Gyms
Well guys, for now that is all that we have to share with you. After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own local fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Columbia, Missouri or working out in whichever way you prefer.