The best local gyms and everything you need to know about working out in Lawrence about to be covered in full detail. It won’t take us long to discuss just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Lawrence. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is a local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the Midwest there if you want.
Best Gyms In Lawrence
Here is our list of the best gyms in Lawrence where you can get a great work out:
- Genesis Health Club at 3201 Mesa Way
- Crunch Fitness at 1900 W 23rd St
- The Summit at 901 New Hampshire St
- The Underground Lab at 919 E 29th St C
- Body Boutique Women’s Fitness at 2330 Yale Rd
- Planet Fitness at 2525 Iowa St
- Holcom Park Recreation Center at 2700 W 27th St
- Sports Pavilion Lawrence at 100 Rock Chalk Ln
- Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center at 4706 Overland Dr
- Climb Lawrence at 714 Vermont St
Genesis Health Club has racquetball and basketball courts, and indoor swimming pool, and offers childcare while you work out. Basketball courts can also be found at Holcom Park Recreation Center and Sports Pavilion Lawrence.
As the name suggests anyone who is only looking for indoor swimming pools should head to the Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center. Body Boutique Women’s Fitness provides an indoor cycling studio and many fitness programs for women.
The Summit has a bouldering wall and local boxing classes. Climb Lawrence offers rock climbing classes, yoga classes, HIIT workouts, and more. For zumba or cardio dance classes in your area head to Genesis Health Club and Crunch Fitness also offer zumba classes.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We have already linked you to Genesis Health Club, Crunch Fitness, and Body Boutique Women’s Fitness who all provide spinning or indoor cycling classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- 9Round at 2329 S Iowa St
- Animal Kingdom Boxing at 919 E 29th St #C
- Caio Terra Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy at 850 E 13th St
- Premier Martial Arts at 3201 Clinton Pkwy Ct
- Rivers Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 911 Massachusetts St b4
- Prime Martial Arts at 1310 Research Park Dr #b
Genesis Health Club from our first list is another good spot for boxing classes near you.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Lawrence
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Lawrence like:
- Lava Yoga Studio at 1520 Wakarusa Dr #j
- Yellow Brick Yoga at 1410 Kasold Dr #A1
- Yoga Center of Lawrence at 920 Massachusetts St #4
- Aligned Pilates at 4824 Quail Crest Pl #B
Other places we have listed that are good for local yoga classes include Genesis Health Club Crunch Fitness, and Climb Lawrence. Genesis Health Club also offers pilates classes.
If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you. As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
Crunch Fitness and The Underground Lab from our best gyms near you list at the top have workout bootcamps.
Pure Barre at 4821 W 6th Street #L is a good dedicated fitness studio while Genesis Health Club, Crunch Fitness, and Aligned Pilates also offer barre classes.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Prairie Park Nature Center
- Clinton Lake
- Kansas River Trail
- Lawrence River Trails
- Riverfront Park
- George Latham Trail
- Lawrence Nature Park
- Burcham Park
- Buford M. Watson Jr. Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Lawrence
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Lawrence are:
- Jocks Nitch Sports at 826 Massachusetts St
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 2727 Iowa St #C
- Ad Astra Running at 734 Massachusetts St
- Garry Gribble’s Running Sport at 839 Massachusetts St
- Sunflower Outdoor & Bike Shop at 804 Massachusetts St
- Overton’s Archery Center at 1035 N 3rd St #104
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Dick’s Sporting Goods is a good place to buy home gyms and workout equipment in your area. Just so you know we have also covered:
Enjoy Working Out At Lawrence Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Lawrence or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.