Hello and welcome to our post on the best gyms in Nashville. We will be covering as much as possible about working out near you as quickly as we can.
Since the majority of you are on this page to learn about the best Nashville gyms they will be the focus of our opening section. Once they have been discussed in full detail we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in the area.
Following that we will move on to the best yoga and pilates studios in town. Workout bootcamps and barre exercises are really trending upwards so we will dive into them as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so we will share some of the top outdoor recreations areas in the region. And to finish things off the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Look through more of our posts on the Southeast at that link.
Best Gyms In Nashville
You should always be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Nashville:
- Fitness:1440 at 411 Metroplex Dr
- Nashville Athletic Club at 5035 Harding Pl
- Downtown Nashville YMCA at 1000 Church St
- Green Hills Family YMCA at 4041 Hillsboro Cir
- Donelson-Hermitage Family YMCA at 3001 Lebanon Rd
- Planet Fitness at 1954 Old Fort Pkwy #6, Murfreesboro
- Gold’s Gym at 225 Indian Lake Blvd, Hendersonville
- Life Time Athletic at 5020 Carothers Pkwy, Franklin
- Franklin Family YMCA at 501 S Royal Oaks Blvd, Franklin
Fitness:1440 and Planet Fitness in Murfreesboro are two good 24 hour gyms near you. If you are searching for a pool to swim laps and a basketball court you can go to Fitness:1440, the YMCA’s, or Life Time Athletic.
A couple of spots to try zumba or group aerobic dance classes are Fitness:1440 and Nashville Athletic Club. Any parents that need childcare while they work out can get it at the YMCA’s or Gold’s Gym.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Anyone that is trying to lose weight quick should check out these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
- Verticity at 1008 Russell St
- Cyclebar at 1004 Division St
- Full Ride Cycling at 3 City Blvd #400
- Krankfit at 3708 Hillsboro Pk
Outside of those indoor cycling studios you can also try the group spinning fitness classes at Fitness:1440, Nashville Athletic Club, UFC Gym Murfreesboro, Gold’s Gym, Life Time Athletic, and the numerous YMCA’s in the area.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Those who want some serious training can get it at these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Title Boxing Club at 1906 Church St
- Pepper Boxing at 2176 Bandywood Dr #105
- Nashville MMA at 400 Davidson St
- KSA Martial Academy at 4908-B Charlotte Ave
- Swiftkick MMA & Boxing at 403 Harding Industrial Dr
- UFC Gym Murfreesboro at 2315 Southpark Dr, Murfreesboro
Additional cardio boxing classes are available at the YMCA’s, UFC Gym Murfreesboro, and Life Time Athletic.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Nashville
There are lots of options around town but in our opinion the best Nashville yoga and pilates studios near you would be:
- Nupower Yoga+Barre at 2218 8th Ave S
- Hot Yoga of East Nashville at 807 Main St
- Yoga Harmony at 4920 Charlotte Ave
- Shakti Power Yoga at 65 Music Square E
- Hot Yoga Plus at 2214 Elliston Place 3rd Fl
- Fahrenheit Yoga at 2909 12th Ave S
- Marathon Pilates East at 2907 12th Ave S #3
Plus you can check out the yoga and pilates classes at some of the best gyms near you like Nashville Athletic Club, UFC Gym Murfreesboro, and the YMCA’s. More group yoga lessons are available at Fitness:1440 and Life Time Athletic.
We hope you understand that there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
The YMCA’s, Nashville Athletic Club, and Fitness:1440 also put on workout bootcamps for their members.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find studios near you at:
- Barre3 at 501 12th Ave S
- The Bar Method at 4301 Harding Rd #D
- Neighborhood Barre at 7010 Executive Center Dr #102, Brentwood
Those barre studios are not your only option, there are also barre fitness classes at Nashville Athletic Club, Life Time Athletic, and the YMCA’s.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
On a sunny day why not go hiking, ride bikes, or just be active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Percy Priest Lake
- Cheekwood Botanical Gardens
- Public Square Park
- Radnor Lake State Park
- Centennial Park
- Arrington Vineyards
- Shelby Bottoms Greenway
- Warner Parks
- Cumberland Park
- Cumberland River Pedestrian Bridge
- Harpeth River
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Nashville
You should find all kinds of new gear and equipment at these sporting goods stores:
- Team Nashville at 3205 West End Ave
- Nashville Running Company at 820 Woodland St
- Cumberland Transit at 2807 West End Ave
- Sport Seasons at 56 White Bridge Rd
- Asphalt Beach Skate Shop at 1120 Elm Hill Pike #160
- Murfreesboro Outdoor & Bicycle at 710 Memorial Blvd #100, Murfreesboro
- Hendersonville Sporting Goods at 500 W Main St, Hendersonville
- Fleet Feet at 330 Franklin Rd #262B, Brentwood
Home Gym Equipment
Push Pedal Pull at 7101 Sharondale Ct in Brentwood would get our vote for the best place to buy home gym equipment in the area. Some of those sporting goods stores probably also sell home gym equipment as well.
By the way we have also written about:
- Pilates, MMA, & Barre in Memphis
- Pilates, MMA, & Barre in Knoxville
- Pilates, MMA, & Barre in Atlanta
- Pilates, MMA, & Barre in Louisville
Enjoy Working Out At Nashville Gyms
You just learned about quite a few gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page to keep the info up to date.
Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Nashville or working out in whichever way you prefer.