Welcome to our post on the best gyms in St Louis. Our goal is to cover as much as we can about working out near you in as short amount of a time as possible.
Since the majority of you are here for the best St Louis gyms we will list and discuss them first. Once they are out of the way we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Local yoga and pilates studios will come next and we are sure plenty of you are here to learn more about them. Other trending subjects on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get their own sections as well.
When the weather is nice you may prefer to work out under the sun so the top outdoor recreations areas in the area will get a shout out. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
The Midwest is an area we have written many local fitness guides for on our site.
Best Gyms In St Louis
Here is our list of the best gyms in St Louis for working out:
- South City YMCA at 3150 Sublette Ave
- Carondelet Park Rec Complex at 930 Holly Hills
- Missouri Athletic Club at 405 Washington Ave
- Downtown YMCA at the MX at 605 Locust St
- The Lab Gym at 5035 Manchester Ave
- Upper Limits at 1874 Lackland Hill Parkway
- Climb So Ill at 1419 Carroll St.
- Club Fitness at 225 O’Fallon Plz
- Main Street Gym at 334 North Main Street, St Charles
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1650 Beale St #170, St Charles
- St. Charles County YMCA at 3900 Shady Springs Ln, St Peters
- Chesterfield Athletic Club at 16625 Swingley Ridge Rd, Chesterfield
Some of us need to work out at strange hours and a couple of 24 hour gyms near you are Missouri Athletic Club and Club Fitness. Anyone who would like both a pool for swimming laps and a basketball court should sign up for the top four on the above list, or any of the YMCA’s.
There are zumba and group aerobic dance classes available at the South City YMCA, Carondelet Rec Complex, Downtown YMCA, Club Fitness, St. Charles YMCA, and Chesterfield Athletic Club. Upper Limits and Climb So Ill are two of the best indoor rock climbing gyms in your area.
Club Fitness can provide childcare while you work out if needed.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are one of the most popular way to get your cardio these days:
- Cyclebar at 8025 Dale Ave
Outside of those indoor cycling studios there are local group spinning classes at the Carondelet Rec Complex, Missouri Athletic Club, The Boxing Gym, Club Fitness, and the YMCA’s.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms in your area:
- The Boxing Gym at 4151 Lindell Blvd
- Watson Martial Arts at 2737 Papin St
- Finney’s MMA at 9744 Watson Rd
- North Broadway Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at 2324 Marconi Ave
- Absolute Martial Arts at 8822 Gravois Rd
If all you want is the cardio the boxing classes at the Carondelet Rec Complex, Missouri Athletic Club, and Club Fitness should get the job done.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In St Louis
One of our more popular sections, here are the best yoga and pilates studios near you:
- Joy Of Yoga at 8918 Manchester Rd
- Yoga Six at 5724 Oakland Ave
- Southtown at 1905 Park Ave
- Pure Hot Yoga at 6630 Clayton Rd
- 314 Pilates at 920 McKnight Rd
- Club Pilates at 2535 S Brentwood Blvd
- Pilates Center of St. Louis at 9825 Clayton Rd
- Shanti Yoga at 7346 Manchester Ave #200, Maplewood
You should find both yoga and pilates classes in your area at Club Fitness, Main Street Gym, St. Charles YMCA, and Chesterfield Athletic Club. Plus there are more group yoga lessons at the South City YMCA, Carondelet Rec Complex, and Downtown YMCA.
The thing is, there are far too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to local workout bootcamps and you can find some here like:
- Bkm Fitness Boot Camp at 27 S Florissant Rd
Main Street Gym and Chesterfield Athletic Club also put on popular workout bootcamps.
Visiting a barre exercise studio is a great way to tone your body:
- Pure Barre at 4931 Lindell Blvd #100
- Barre3 at 1056 N Ballas Rd, Des Peres
- The Bar Method at 1048 Town & Country Crossing Dr
Outside of those studios there are more barre exercise classes at the Downtown YMCA, Club Fitness, and Chesterfield Athletic Club.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Sometimes you may want to try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Castlewood State Park
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- Katy Trail State Park
- Creve Coeur Lake
- Elephant Rocks State Park
- Johnson’s Shut-Ins State Park
- Klondike Park
- Forest Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In St Louis
When it is time to buy new gear or equipment visit one of these St Louis sporting goods stores:
- Running Niche at 4131 Manchester Ave
- Olympic Sporting Goods at 4916 Hampton Ave
- Ramp Riders at 2324 Salena St
- Big Shark Bicycle Company at 6133 Delmar Blvd
- Rei at 1703 S Brentwood Blvd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 590 S County Center Way
- Foot Locker at 4651 Chippewa St
- Big River Running Company at 5352 Devonshire Ave
- Fleet Feet at 4623 State Hwy K, O’Fallon
- Bass Pro Shops Sportsman’s Warehouse at 1365 S 5th St, St Charles
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 5214 I-70 North Outer Rd, St Peters
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment near you at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing Gyms in Kansas City
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing Gyms in Chicago
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing Gyms in Indianapolis
- Barre, Yoga, & Boxing Gyms in Louisville
Enjoy Working Out At St Louis Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in St Louis or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.