The best gyms in Lancaster and everything you need to know about working out in your area is about to be covered in full detail. It won’t take us long to cover just about everything you need to know about your local fitness scene.
The best gyms near you will be how we kick this off but there is still plenty more to come after that. We will talk about the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you can visit in the city.
Once they have been fully broken down we will dive into the best pilates and yoga studios in Lancaster. Other topics on working out near you like bootcamps and barre exercises will be getting their own sections in this fitness guide too.
You can easily get a sweat in outside of the best gyms so the top outdoor recreation areas in the region will get a mention. And following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in your area.
There is a local fitness map at the end that will help you figure out where all of these places are located, plus you can look through more of our posts on the Northeast there if you want.
Best Gyms In Lancaster
Here is our list of the best gyms in Lancaster for working out:
- Esporta Fitness at 1300A Lititz Pike
- Lancaster Family YMCA at 265 Harrisburg Ave
- Universal Athletic Club at 2323 Oregon Pike
- iTrain Studio at 315 W James St
- Crunch Fitness at 870 Plaza Blvd
- Orangetheory Fitness at 1655 Lititz Pike
- Planet Fitness at 366 Carerra Dr
You can find a basketball court and swimming pool at Esporta Fitness, Lancaster Family YMCA, and Universal Athletic Club. The Lancaster Family YMCA also provides programs for active elderly people.
Planet Fitness is a great 24-hour gym in your area for those who want to work out any time night or day. Zumba or other types of group aerobic dance classes can be found at Esporta Fitness, Lancaster Family YMCA, Universal Athletic Club, and Crunch Fitness.
Any parents that need childcare while they work out can find it at Lancaster Family YMCA or Universal Athletic Club.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
We don’t know of any dedicated indoor cycling studios but some of the spots in our best gyms list offer group spinning classes including Esporta Fitness, Lancaster Family YMCA, Universal Athletic Club, and Crunch Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
Fighting is also great cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms near you are:
- UFC Gym at 1160 Park City Center
- Lancaster City Boxing Academy at 10 W Andrew St
- Jinji Boxing Club at 341 E Liberty St 2nd fl
- Achieve Jiu Jitsu Academy at 1285 Manheim Pike #3
- Gracie 717 at 3515 Columbia Ave
You can also try a boxing class at iTrain Studio or a martial arts class at Universal Athletic Club.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Lancaster
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios in Lancaster like:
- Evolution Power Yoga at 515 Harrisburg Ave
- Blaze Yoga at 533 Janet Ave
- West End Yoga Studio at 221 W Walnut St
- Club Pilates at 1567 Fruitville Pike #3
Esporta Fitness, Lancaster Family YMCA, and Universal Athletic Club provide both yoga and pilates classes in your area. Plus there are additional pilates classes at Move It Studio.
If you are after any specific pose or technique follows those links until you end up on the right studio for you. As much as we would like to give more detail when there are so many poses including vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more it is impossible for us to break it all down.
An hour with Power Train at 1319 Millersville Pike will let you know how serious they are, and more local workout bootcamps can be found at Esporta Fitness, Lancaster Family YMCA, and iTrain Studio.
Barre exercises are getting more popular by the day and good places to try them out are:
Barre classes are also offered at Crunch Fitness.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
You can workout pretty much anywhere so you don’t always have to go to the gym. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes when the weather is nice and some great places for outdoor recreation and fitness are:
- Outdoors recreation
- Long’s Park
- Dick Observation Tower
- Horseshoe Trail
- Susquehanna River
- Lancaster County Central Park
- Turkey Hill Nature Preserve
- Conestoga Trail
- Warwick to Ephrata Rail Trail
- Conestoga River Trail
- Refreshing Mountain Ziplines
- Northwest Lancaster County River Trail
- Conewago Recreation Trail
- Enola Low Grade Trail
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Lancaster
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Lancaster are:
- Bob’s Sports at 690 Park City Center
- JD Sports at 547 Park City Center
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1587 Fruitville Pike
- Play It Again Sports at 411 Granite Run Dr
- Inside Track at 1659 Lititz Pike
- Angelo’s Soccer Corner at 360 Steel Way #1
- Volleyball Corner at 2007 Lincoln Hwy E
- Era Ski & Bike Shop at 830 Flory Mill Rd
- Hush Money Bikes at 237 N Prince St
Play It Again Sports is a good place to buy or sell new and used sporting goods in your area.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
Christian’s Fitness Factory at 409 Granite Run Drive is a good fitness equipment store plus Dick’s Sporting Goods and Play It Again Sports are other places where you can buy home gyms or fitness equipment.
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Philadelphia Fitness, Yoga, & Pilates Studios
- Baltimore Fitness, Yoga, & Pilates Studios
- Washington DC Fitness, Yoga, & Pilates Studios
- Allentown & Bethlehem Fitness, Yoga, & Pilates Studios
Enjoy Working Out At Lancaster Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own fitness tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Lancaster or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.