Thanks for giving our post on the best gyms in Atlantic City and everything you need to know about working out near you a shot. Hopefully within a few short minutes we will be able to cover the full spectrum for you.
Our first section will be all about the best gyms in Atlantic City but they are only just the start. Next up will be the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms you will find here.
There are some pilates and yoga studios near you and we will try to lead you to the best options. Other topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will be covered as the post goes along.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top areas for outdoor recreation in the region will be listed as well. Following all of that we will talk about where you can buy sporting goods in Atlantic City including home gym equipment.
Fitness in cities around the Northeast is something we have written about a lot and you can find more of our work out guides here.
Best Gyms In Atlantic City
Here is our list of the best gyms in Atlantic City for working out:
- Matrxx Fitness at 801 Boardwalk
- Island Gym Ventnor City at 5010 Wellington Ave
- Tilton Fitness at The Tropicana, 2801 Pacific Ave
- Milton & Betty Katz JCC at 501 North Jerome Ave, Margate
- Planet Fitness at 6801 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor
If you want to do some swimming and need a pool then Matrxx Fitness is where you need to go and we don’t know of any gyms with a basketball court near you. Matrxx is also a 24 hour gym in Atlantic City and they offer group classes like bootcamps, zumba, group strength training and power yoga. You can get more zumba at Tilton Fitness on Thursday nights at 5:30pm and Tuesday mornings at 9am.
Island Gym in Ventnor City offers childcare plus mommy and me classes and while they are not open 24 hours they open early and close late and should be able to fit with most peoples schedules. On weekdays they are open from 5am to 1am, and on Saturday or Sunday they are open from 6am to midnight.
We were sad to see the Northfield, New Jersey location close.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Both Island Gyms are known to have some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio near you.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Atlantic City are:
- United Martial Arts Academy at 3821 Atlantic Ave
- 609 Jiu Jitsu & Fitness at 3137 Fire Rd, Egg Harbor
Island Gym also offers group boxing and kickboxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Atlantic City
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you like:
- The Leadership Studio at 161 S Tennessee Ave
- Downtown Pilates at 810 Asbury Ave Suite 205
- New Jersey Yoga Zone at 101 N Washington Ave, Margate
- The Zen Den at 7817 Ventnor Ave, Margate
Matrxx Fitness from the main best gyms near you list has some really good power yoga classes as well. At Island Gym you can find power yoga, power pilates, and a unique class that combines both pilates and boxing into one great cardio workout.
Glassboro Fit Body Boot Camp at 160 William Dalton Dr offers some great bootcamps that will help get you in shape quick. You can also find bootcamps at Matrxx Fitness or Island Gym.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at New Jersey Yoga Zone in Margate.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation Near You
As we mentioned before the gyms in Atlantic City are not the only places to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation are:
- Bayview Marina
- Atlantic City Beach
- Steel Pier
- Gardner’s Basin
- Oscar E. McClinton Waterfront Park
- Brown Park
Most of the above are best for watersports or running along the water.
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Atlantic City
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Atlantic City are:
- Under Armour Factory House at 25 N Michigan Ave Ste 420
- Sports City at 1 Atlantic Ocean #208
- Finish Line at 2017 Atlantic Ave #1018
- Bass Pro Shops at 30 N Christopher Columbus Blvd
- Nike Factory Store at 30 N Arkansas Ave
- Adidas Retail Outlet at 101 N Arkansas Ave
- Aaaa Bike Shop at 5300 Ventnor Ave, Ventnor
- Heritage Surf & Sport at 9223 Ventnor Ave. Margate
- Margate Bike & Beach Shop at 12 S Essex Ave, Margate
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 210 Consumer Sq, Wrangleborough
If you need running shoes then head to Finish Line or the Nike, Under Armour and Adidas outlets. Bass Pro Shop is where you can get your outdoor gear, and the Dick’s Sporting Goods near you will have just about everything you need.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment, but you can also find more at:
- Johnson Fitness & Wellness at 1410 Nixon, Mount Laurel
- Ocean Fitness Equipment at 115 NJ-35, Eatontown
By the way we have also discussed:
- The Best Gyms In Philadelphia
- The Best Gyms In New York
- The Best Gyms In Baltimore
- The Best Gyms In Washington DC
In case you want to compare the scene here to others in the region.
Enjoy Working Out At Atlantic City Gyms
After reading about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you there is no longer an excuse to put this off. We will be back often to update this page so that these lists stay fresh.
If you notice anything incorrect on our site or if you have any of your own fitness tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Atlantic City or working out in whichever way you prefer.