Hopefully you will all learn a little something about the best gyms in Atlanta over the next few minutes. Our main objective is to cover the local fitness scene as well as we possibly can.
Starting off with the best Atlanta gyms seems like the right idea since they are probably what most of you are trying to learn more about. After we have discussed them we will move on to the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes plus our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in town.
Up next will be the best yoga and pilates studios in your area. These days workout bootcamps and barre exercises are getting quite trendy so they will need to be broken down too.
There are many good outdoor recreations areas in the region that will be perfect places to be active on a sunny day. And to get us out of here we will fill you in on the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you.
But before we wrap it all up there will be a local fitness map to help you get a better understanding of where all these places are. You can look through some of our other guides for cities around the Southeast there if you are interested.
Best Gyms In Atlanta
These best gyms in Atlanta are places where you can expect to get a quality workout:
- CrossFit Downtown ATL at 215B Chester Ave SE
- Body Tech Fitness at 1343 Business Center Dr, #C
- LIV Fitness at 1853 Memorial Dr SE
- X3 Sports at 240 N. Highland Ave #B2
- Forum Athletic Club at 3393 Peachtree Rd NE #2010A
- Stone Summit Climbing & Fitness Center at 3701 Presidential Pkwy
- Atlanta Barbell at 185 Sams St #B, Decatur
- LA Fitness at 6690 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs
- Orangetheory Fitness at 5975 Roswell Rd #A 113, Sandy Springs
- Anytime Fitness at 9945 Jones Bridge Rd, Johns Creek
- Crunch Fitness at 6000 Medlock Bridge Rd, Johns Creek
We don’t all live on the same schedules and anyone that is searching for a 24 hour gym near you can head to Body Tech Fitness and Anytime Fitness. Stone Summit would get our vote for the best indoor rock climbing gym in town.
Body Tech Fitness and Crunch Fitness both offer zumba or other group aerobic dance classes. If you know of any places that provide childcare while you work out please let us know so we can add that info to the list, thanks.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
When you want to lose weight quick visit one of these indoor cycling and spinning studios near you:
These local indoor cycling studios are good places to get your cardio, plus many of the best Atlanta gyms have group spinning classes like Body Tech Fitness, LIV Fitness, The Forum Athletic Club, and Crunch Fitness.
Boxing & MMA Gyms In Your Area
There are some boxing and MMA gyms that might be where you start your quest for the belt:
- Buckhead Fight Club at 3293 Buford Hwy NE #500
- Sweet Science Fitness at 6035 Peachtree Rd #C223
- Team Octopus at 3695 Longview Dr #A, Chamblee
Body Tech Fitness, X3 Sports, and Crunch Fitness are more places to find cardio boxing classes.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Atlanta
For the best Atlanta yoga and pilates studios head to:
- BeHot Yoga at 730 Ponce De Leon Pl NE
- ATL Evolation Yoga at 950 W Peachtree St NW #210
- Solidcore Midtown at 33 Peachtree Pl NE #3
You can also try out the yoga and pilates classes at Body Tech Fitness and Stone Summit Climbing. And there are additional group yoga lessons at LIV Fitness, and X3 Sports.
Unfortunately there are way too many varieties of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to list what all of the above studios have to offer. Click on their links and choose the one that looks like it is most suited for your needs.
When you need a little extra motivation try a workout bootcamp:
- Peachtree Road Bootcamp at 78 Delmont Dr NE
Some of the best gyms near you also have workout bootcamps for their members like Body Tech Fitness and X3 Sports.
These barre exercise studios in your area are a great place to get a toned body in a hurry:
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
These outdoor recreation areas are perfect for hiking, riding bikes, or being active on a sunny day:
- Silver Comet Trail
- Big Greek Greenway
- Piedmont Park
- Morningside Nature Preserve
- Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail
- Arabia Mountain Path
- Stone Mountain Trail
- Allatoona Lake
- Vickery Creek Trail
- Stone Mountain
- Chattahoochee River Recreation Area
- Sweetwater Creek State Park
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Atlanta
You may need to buy some things that will help you workout or visit the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Atlanta are:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 3535 Peachtree Rd
- REI at 1165 Perimeter Ctr W #200
- Adidas at 3393 Peachtree St #3075A
- High Country Outfitters at 3906 Roswell Rd NE
- Jonquil Sporting Goods at 1848 Spring Rd SE, Smyrna
- Play It Again Sports at 3872 Roswell Rd NE
- Mountain High Outfitters at 1248 West Paces Ferry Rd NW
- Mizuno Experience Center at 875 Battery Ave SE #740
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 1155 Mt Vernon Hwy, Sandy Springs
- REI at 1165 Perimeter Ctr W #200, Sandy Springs
- Play It Again Sports at 993 Mansell Rd, Roswell
- Fleet Feet Sports at 9700 Medlock Bridge Rd #124, Johns Creek
Play it Again Sports is always a good option when trying to buy or sell new and used sporting goods.
Home Gym Equipment Near You
You can probably find some at those stores we just listed, but you can also buy home gym equipment in your area at:
Just so you know we have also covered:
- Working Out at Charlotte Gyms
- Working Out at Nashville Gyms
- Working Out at Memphis Gyms
- Working Out at Miami Gyms
Enjoy Working Out At Atlanta Gyms
You should be ready to take on anything after learning about all of those local gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you. By the way, if you notice anything out of date on this page or if you have any of your own tips to share please tell us in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Atlanta or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.