This post on the best gyms in Charlotte will try to cover everything you need to know about working out near you. Within a few short minutes you should be ready to go out there and make something happen.
The best gyms in Charlotte will get us started but they are only the tip of the iceberg. We also want to mention the best places to go for spinning and indoor cycling, as well as the best boxing and MMA gyms in your area.
Up next we will tell you about the best pilates and yoga studios near you. Other topics on working out like local bootcamps and barre exercises deserve a shout out as well.
Of course you don’t always need to go to the gym to get a sweat in so some of the top outdoor recreation areas in the city will be listed as well. And we will wrap it all up by talking about where you can buy sporting goods and home gym equipment in Charlotte.
Our goal here at BestGymsNearYou is to get you the info as quickly as we can so we better kick this one off already.
Best Gyms in Charlotte
Here is our list of the best gyms in Charlotte for working out:
- Iron Tribe Fitness at 4410-B Monroe Road
- Life Time at 11220 Golf Links Dr
- Charlotte Athletic Club at 101 S Tryon St Ste 200
- Dowd Branch YMCA at 400 E Morehead St
- Levine JCC at 5007 Providence Rd
- Anytime Fitness at 3609 South Blvd
- Sportscenter Fitness & Athletic Club at 233 Country Club Dr NE, Concord
- Huntersville Family Fitness & Aquatics at 11725 Verhoeff Dr, Huntersville
If you need a pool and a basketball court you can find both at Life Time, Charlotte Athletic Club, Dowd Branch YMCA, Levine Jewish Community Center, Sportscenter, or Huntersville Family Fitness. The Erwin Center has a pool.
Anytime Fitness is a 24 hour gym near you, and there are over 30,000 square feet to workout around at Charlotte Athletic Club. If you want to do zumba head to Sportscenter or Huntersville Family Fitness, and Sportscenter also offers great local crossfit courses.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes Near You
Some of the best spinning and indoor cycling classes for cardio in your area can be found at Cyclebar at 339 South Kings Drive. Charlotte Athletic Club, Levine JCC, Sportscenter, and Huntersville Family Fitness all also offer spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms
Fighting can be another great way to get some cardio and the best boxing and MMA gyms in Charlotte are:
- MADabolic SouthEnd at 2610 South Blvd
- TITLE Boxing Club at 2016 Ayrsley Town Blvd #E
- Dyme Boxing Fitness at 4560 Old Pineville Rd
- Gracie Barra at 3324 South Blvd
MADabolic is not only good for their boxing classes but they also offer great interval training. Gracie Barra is where you can go to become a jiu-jitsu master.
Yoga & Pilates Studios in Charlotte
There are also many good yoga and pilates studios near you like:
- Arrichion at 125 Winona St
- Y2 Yoga at #1 274 South Sharon Amity Rd
- Okra at 1912 Commonwealth Ave
- Be Yoga at 1247 East Boulevard #250
- NoDa Yoga at 3201 N Davidson St #B
- Core704 at 2300 N Davidson St #1
- Iron Butterfly Pilates at 2108 South Blvd
Charlotte Athletic Club, Levine JCC, and Sportscenter from our best Charlotte gyms list all offer both yoga and pilates in your area. The Tiger’s Eye classes Arrichion are a hybrid of various techniques and poses that are very popular.
We hope you understand that there are far too many options out there from vinyasa to hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more for us to know exactly what you are after. The above studios should cover just about all of your needs.
Those who need a little extra motivation can get it by going to local workout bootcamps and some of the best in town are:
- Burn Boot Camp at 1945 E 7th St
- Orangetheory Fitness at 8402 Park Rd
- Barry’s at 2140 South Blvd #2
Charlotte Athletic Club and Sportscenter also have their own bootcamps. The Red Room workouts at Barry’s will get you in shape quick.
Another way to workout that is growing in popularity is barre exercises and you can find them near you at:
- Carolina Barre Core at 2901 Selwyn Ave
- Pure Barre at 603 Providence Rd
Charlotte Athletic Club has barre classes as well as other popular Les Mills workouts. Levine JCC also offers group barre classes.
Best Places for Outdoor Recreation Near You
The gyms in Charlotte are your only option for where to workout. Many people prefer to run or ride bikes outside and some great places for outdoor recreation in your area are:
- Freedom Park
- Crowder’s Mountain State Park
- US National Whitewater Center
- Little Sugar Creek Greenway
- McDowell Nature Preserve
- Reedy Creek Preserve
- McMullen Creek Greenway
- McAlpine Creek Park
- Jetton Park
- Lake Norman
If the indoor rock climbing gyms can’t satisfy you any more try your luck at Crowder’s Mountain State Park which is also great for canoeing, kayaking, and hiking. The US National Whitewater Center is also great for kayaking and rafting.
Where to Buy Sporting Goods in Charlotte
You may need to buy some things that will help improve your workout or visit to the gym, and the best sporting goods stores in Charlotte are:
- Players Sporting Goods at 5737 N Graham St
- Omega Sports at 4201 Park Rd
- Play It Again Sports at 8500 Pineville-Matthews Rd
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 4325 Barclay Downs Dr
- Bass Pro Shop at 181 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord
- King Sporting Goods at 1102 Union Rd, Gastonia
Play It Again Sports is a great place to go to buy or sell used sporting goods in Charlotte. The Dick’s near you is your typical big box retailer that should have just about everything you are after.
Bass Pro Shop is great for outdoor gear, while Players offers all kinds of gear for popular sports like soccer, baseball, football, basketball and more.
Home Gym Equipment
Those sporting goods stores will likely have some home gym equipment in your area, but you can also find more at Carolina Fitness Equipment at 3353 Reno Ave. By the way we have also written about:
Enjoy Working Out at Charlotte Gyms
At the moment that is all that we have to share with you. We think that after you have about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you should feel a lot better about what comes next. We will be back often to update this page to keep the content as current as we can.
If you think we got something wrong or if you have any of your own tips to add please use the comments at the bottom of this post to let us know. Have fun visiting the best gyms in Charlotte or working out in whichever way you prefer.