Hello and welcome to our post about the best gyms in Birmingham, Alabama where we will try to cover just about all there is to know about working out near you. We aren’t the type of site that likes to ramble and waste your time so we will get right to it.
There may not be a more natural way to begin than by listing the best Birmingham gyms. Once they have been thoroughly discussed the best studios for spinning or indoor cycling classes as well as our favorite boxing and MMA gyms in your area will get their own sections.
Pilates and yoga studios near you will come next and we know many of you are here to learn more about them. More topics on working out like bootcamps and barre exercises will get a shout out as things progress.
The gym is great but so are outdoor recreations areas so we will tell you about some of the top places to get some sun in the region. And finally the best stores to buy sporting goods or home gym equipment near you will take us out of here.
Those that are curious can check out our other posts on the Southeast at that link.
Best Gyms In Birmingham
You should be able to get a great workout at any of these best gyms in Birmingham:
- Planet Fitness at 140 Wildwood Parkway
- OrangeTheory Fitness at 210 Inverness Corners
- Iron Tribe Fitness at 300 27th St S
- The YMCA of Greater Birmingham at 2101 4th Ave N
- Lakeshore Foundation at 4000 Ridgeway Dr
- Shades Valley YMCA at 3551 Montgomery Hwy
- Greystone YMCA at 5414 Hwy 280
- High Point Climbing & Fitness at 4766 US-280
- 24e Health Clubs at 1550 – B, Montgomery Hwy, Hoover
- Hoover Family YMCA at 2250 Hwy 150, Hoover
- Hoover Recreation Center at 600 Municipal Dr, Hoover
We don’t all keep the same schedules and if you need to workout at any time then 24e Health Club is a 24 hour gym near you. Those who would like to swim laps in a pool or hoop it up on a basketball court can do so at any of the YMCA’s or at the Lakeshore Foundation.
The YMCA’s and Lakeshore also will have group zumba or aerobic dance classes to take. 24e Health Club and the YMCA’s can offer childcare while you workout.
And High Point would be the top indoor rock climbing gym in your area.
Spinning & Indoor Cycling Classes
Indoor cycling and spinning studios near you are a wonderful way to get the cardio you desire:
All of the YMCA’s that we listed above also have group spinning classes.
Boxing & MMA Gyms Near You
For serious training try out these boxing and MMA gyms:
- Spartan Fitness MMA at 179 State Farm Pkwy
- Samuel Puccio BJJ at 619 Robert Jemison Rd
- Lion Heart Jiu-Jitsu Academy at 5192 Caldwell Mill Rd #103, Hoover
There are additional group cardio boxing classes at the YMCA of Greater Birmingham and 24e Health Club.
Yoga & Pilates Studios In Birmingham
We certainly can’t leave off the best yoga or pilates studios in your area:
- The Yoga Circle at 1425 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd #200
- Birmingham Yoga at 605 37th St S
- Villager Yoga at 3150 Overton Rd
- Embody Practice Center at 3918 Montclair Rd #100
- Kiva Hot Yoga at 300 Old Town Rd, Vestavia Hills
- Aero Joe at 2805 2nd Ave S #100
- Studio G Pilates at 1745 Oxmoor Rd
- MPower Pilates + Cycle Studio at 2419 Canterbury Rd
For more yoga and pilates classes try some of the best gyms near you like any of the YMCA’s. You can also take yoga lessons at Lakeshore Foundation and High Point Climbing.
Look, there are tons of poses and techniques like vinyasa, hot, bikram hatha flow, ashtanga, power and many more so we really don’t know which you prefer. The links to the above studios should help you end up in the right place.
One of these workout bootcamps could give you that edge we all sometimes need:
Visiting a barre exercise studio is another good way to get in shape quick:
All of the YMCA’s and 24e Health Club have group barre workouts available in your area.
Best Places For Outdoor Recreation
Going to the gym is great, but you can also try hiking, riding bikes, or just being active at one of these outdoor recreation areas:
- Kelly Ingram Park
- Vulcan Park
- Beanstalk Forest
- Red Mountain
- Oak Mountain State Park
- Sloss Furnace Historical Site
- Rickwood Field
- Railroad Park
- Moss Rock Preserve
- Cahaba River
- Aldridge Gardens
- Moss Rock Preserve
- Avondale Park
- Clear Creek Recreation Area
Where To Buy Sporting Goods In Birmingham
These Birmingham sporting goods stores are where to buy your new gear or equipment:
- Mark’s Outdoor Sports at 1400 Montgomery Hwy #B
- The Trak Shak at 2839 18th St S
- Alabama Outdoors Trussville at 5467 Patrick Way #101
- Dick’s Sporting Goods at 310 Doug Baker Blvd
- Fleet Feet at 3060 Healthy Way
- Mountain High Outfitters at 310 Summit Blvd
- Academy Sports + Outdoors at 2810 John Hawkins Pkwy, Hoover
- Romeo’s Sporting Goods at 1425 Montgomery Hwy #141, Vestavia Hills
Home Gym Equipment Near You
If the above sporting goods stores don’t have the home gym equipment you want ot buy try Wright Equipment at 6510 1st Ave N. You can read more of our local fitness guides for cities like:
Enjoy Working Out At Birmingham Gyms
Now that you have read about all of those gyms, spinning classes, yoga studios, outdoor recreation spots, and places to buy equipment for working out near you your confidence should be sky high. Our readers would really appreciate it if you would let us know if we said anything incorrect or if you could share your own local fitness tips in the comments.
Have fun visiting the best gyms in Birmingham, Alabama or working out in whatever way you enjoy the most.